This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Namco, if you're listening, the best way to repesent yourself is..

#31Limelight788Posted 5/16/2013 1:15:29 PM(edited)
Sakurai has stated that these are reasons as to why they were both added but he never said they were the Only reasons.
Now going on to my original post , Sonic represented Sega, as Snake represented Konami well in Brawl, IF given the chance do you honestly think that Llyod could represent Namco to the fullest in smash bros 4??... cause i don't it'd be like a random character like Knuckles or Raiden being put into Brawl over Sonic and snake...

Even if he hasn't, there's no evidence suggested that Snake and Sonic were added to represent their respective companies, so until Sakurai comes out and say they were, we shouldn't say that representation of their company was the reason why they got in.

As for Lloyd, I do believe that Tales does have a shot at being Namco's representative. Some interest from Namco (specifically Tales producer) has been noted for Tales (whereas so far, we haven't seen anyone for Pac-Man), so it is possible that Namco has a Tales rep in mind instead of Pac-Man. And no, Lloyd (or Cress Albane) would not be like representing Knuckles or Raiden with Sega or Konami respectively. Cress Albane is seen as the face of the Tales franchise in Japan whereas Lloyd Irving is seen as the face of the Tales franchise in the West, so that already makes them better representatives than Raiden or Knuckles would. That's not to say that Pac-Man won't be the Namco representative, but Pac-Man does have competition.
---
Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Check out this thread at Smashboards:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-mega-man-for-ssb4-thread-the-most-wanted-newcomer.324266/
#32Gamer09ePosted 5/16/2013 1:16:07 PM
Limelight788 posted...
Sakurai has stated that these are reasons as to why they were both added but he never said they were the Only reasons.
Now going on to my original post , Sonic represented Sega, as Snake represented Konami well in Brawl, IF given the chance do you honestly think that Llyod could represent Namco to the fullest in smash bros 4??... cause i don't it'd be like a random character like Knuckles or Raiden being put into Brawl over Sonic and snake...

Even if he hasn't, there's no evidence suggested that Snake and Sonic were added to represent their respective companies, so until Sakurai comes out and say they were, we shouldn't say that representation of their company was the reason why they got in.

As for Lloyd, I do believe that Tales does have a shot at being Namco's representative. Some interest from Namco (specifically Tales producer) has been noted for Tales (whereas so far, we haven't seen anyone for Pac-Man), so it is possible that Namco has a Tales rep in mind instead of Pac-Man. And no, Lloyd (or Cress Albane) would not be like representing Knuckles or Raiden with Sega or Konami respectively. Cress Albane is seen as the face of the Tales franchise in Japan whereas Lloyd Irving is seen as the face of the Tales franchise in the West, so that already makes them better representatives than Raiden or Knuckles would. That's not to say that Pac-Man won't be the Namco representative, but Pac-Man does have competition.

I think for once you may have actually made a reasonable post...
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#33taoxadasaPosted 5/16/2013 1:57:04 PM
dragonsoldier posted...
in a fighting game he would suck.

In a traditional fighting game yes, but Smash is not a traditional fighting game. It is a mascot brawler, and Pac-Man would be a perfect fit for Smash Bros' gameplay.
---
Robbit (Jumping Flash!) for Playstation All-Stars!
#34Gamer09ePosted 5/16/2013 8:38:55 PM
taoxadasa posted...
dragonsoldier posted...

In a traditional fighting game yes, but Smash is not a traditional fighting game. It is a mascot brawler, and Pac-Man would be a perfect fit for Smash Bros' gameplay.

I think so too.... :-D
to me just the though of seeing Pacman Potentially taking the battle to the likes of Donkey kong, Yoshi Fox, Kirby Pikachu even Mario brings a smile to my face even on my worse days...
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#35bestssbbfanPosted 5/16/2013 8:41:20 PM
What about that one suggestion from a while back about having both as one character ala slime night.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#36DavemanCosmanPosted 5/16/2013 8:53:55 PM
dragonsoldier posted...

I find it funny that he's still in Street Fighter x Tekken
---
Cheers, luck and other indoor sports
-Daveman
#37marchefelixPosted 5/17/2013 10:34:16 AM
DavemanCosman posted...
dragonsoldier posted...

I find it funny that he's still in Street Fighter x Tekken

Which sucks....
---
And then Bruce Willis was there and he said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcRgLlom3g
#38ToadkartPosted 5/17/2013 10:56:26 AM
UberPyro64 posted...
Steps on what they should do:

1. Put in Pac-Man as playable character.

2. Forget Lloyd all together.

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!!