Anyone else hopes Namco will do a MAJOR overhaul?

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 5/24/2013 8:26:44 PM
I'm hoping game play matches Melee more than it does Brawl.

I'm hoping clones will be gone for good.

I'm hoping for an almost entirely new cast (In a lot of fighters, after a few iterations, all of a sudden, devs would just up and change the main cast, like StreetFighter 3).

Because I think SSB is in danger of becoming very stale, very soon. As they only do 1 iteration per console, no matter how long a lifespan the system has, so if they don't do a shake up this time, then people may not stick around for the next game.

Brawl was a good stepping stone adding a lot of unconventional fighters, but then it had so many clones and too many old faces.

Smaller rosters, almost always makes for a better balance and a more competitive and enjoyable experience.

I'm hoping for an all new, fairer and more balanced item setup.

And probably the thing I want most, I know I won't get, I want them to do a PlayStation All Stars, where when you buy the WiiU version, you get a 3DS copy free.

That was IMO ultimate fan service and I have played hundreds of hours more on my Vita than on my PS3.
#2KlRBEHPosted 5/24/2013 9:35:14 PM
I don't know about the stuff you were saying, but I want the engine to be polished and include more advanced techniques
---
http://i.imgur.com/fUaBI.jpg
I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH
#3Soanevalcke6Posted 5/24/2013 10:37:17 PM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

Why?
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#4GoldenJoe24Posted 5/24/2013 10:52:36 PM
Just crank everything up to 14 like Brawl- and we'll be in business.
#5TheMarthKoopaPosted 5/24/2013 11:10:31 PM
I'm hoping for an almost entirely new cast

How would this even be possible?
#6Electric_SonicPosted 5/25/2013 12:18:42 AM

have fun with fewer characters then

I'm hoping for an almost entirely new cast (In a lot of fighters, after a few iterations, all of a sudden, devs would just up and change the main cast, like StreetFighter 3).

yeah let's drop all of the really iconic and popular characters that we have and replace them with nobodies, fantastic idea

Because I think SSB is in danger of becoming very stale, very soon. As they only do 1 iteration per console, no matter how long a lifespan the system has, so if they don't do a shake up this time, then people may not stick around for the next game.

there's only been three games in the series and both sequels have had drastic changes and huge content additions

ssb is about as far from "in danger of becoming stale" as you can get

if anything sakurai needs to learn to not fix what isn't broken or change s*** for the sake of changing s***
---
Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik | Steam ID: Conis
3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269
#7DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 1:37:23 AM
Warning...

The following has heavy uses of both etc... and sarcasm and should not be read by someone who doesn't understand either.

Ghirahim, Agahnim, Gorons, Zora's etc...

Daisy, Rosalina, Toad, Birdo etc...

600+ Pokemon.

Tons of Fire Emblem characters.

Palutena, Medusa etc...

A ton of Kirby bosses.

Tons of F-Zero racers.

New three from Pikmin 3.

Loads of WarioWare characters, Waluigi etc...

Ridley, Dark Samus etc...

Dixie Kong, Kranky, Funky etc...

Krystal, Peppy etc...

Mother reps that aren't Ness or Lucas would be easy too.

Namco guests from Baten Kaitos (Ninty exclusive).

Shadow The Hedgehog, Eggman etc... (After signing a deal for an exclusive Sonic game, there'll be a SEGA rep).

Then there's games that have never been represented like Animal Crossing, Sin And Punishment, Advance Wars, Pilotwings, Punch Out, Golden Sun, Starfy etc...

Yup, don't know what I was thinking, no idea how you would ever make a roster of say 70% new, keeping Mario, Link, alongside a few others who have only been in 1 game in the series like Meta Knight and Pit.

I totally forgot Ninty has no unique IP's *rolls eyes*
#8ynniPosted 5/25/2013 1:52:16 AM
Electric_Sonic posted...

have fun with fewer characters then

This. I would gladly take clones (or preferably semi-clones) if it meant there was a larger roster. Sonic and Dillon come to mind. They are fundamentally quite similar - the only differences would be stats (Dillon would be slower, heavier and more powerful) and some attacks/specials - kind of like how Ganondorf is a semi-clone of Captain Falcon... Though Sonic/Dillon would make a lot more sense.
---
*Insert witty line*
#9Electric_SonicPosted 5/25/2013 2:59:16 AM
Warning...

The following has heavy uses of both etc... and sarcasm and should not be read by someone who doesn't understand either.

Ghirahim, Agahnim, Gorons, Zora's etc...

Daisy, Rosalina, Toad, Birdo etc...

600+ Pokemon.

Tons of Fire Emblem characters.

Palutena, Medusa etc...

A ton of Kirby bosses.

Tons of F-Zero racers.

New three from Pikmin 3.

Loads of WarioWare characters, Waluigi etc...

Ridley, Dark Samus etc...

Dixie Kong, Kranky, Funky etc...

Krystal, Peppy etc...

Mother reps that aren't Ness or Lucas would be easy too.

Namco guests from Baten Kaitos (Ninty exclusive).

Shadow The Hedgehog, Eggman etc... (After signing a deal for an exclusive Sonic game, there'll be a SEGA rep).

Then there's games that have never been represented like Animal Crossing, Sin And Punishment, Advance Wars, Pilotwings, Punch Out, Golden Sun, Starfy etc...

Yup, don't know what I was thinking, no idea how you would ever make a roster of say 70% new, keeping Mario, Link, alongside a few others who have only been in 1 game in the series like Meta Knight and Pit.

I totally forgot Ninty has no unique IP's *rolls eyes*

yeaaaaaaaaaaah, about that

"70% new" entails keeping at most 11 or 12 characters and having like 20-something new characters if you keep the same roster size as brawl (yet you want an even smaller roster so those numbers would be even lower)

thus, your suggestions require you to ditch pretty much everyone that's not a main character (and probably some main characters too) in favor of minor, unpopular, unimportant characters from the same franchises and characters from obscure franchises that no one cares about

do you not see the problem with that

nobody aside from you wants that s***
---
Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik | Steam ID: Conis
3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269
#10ChrisCanbergPosted 5/25/2013 6:32:48 AM
I think it's gunna be a reboot in the sense that everybody's gunna get new movesets and the physics will be reworked. Mid-air combos would be a nice touch.