How do you beat the Gateguard???

#1Faelar777Posted 3/17/2012 6:32:23 AM
Got this game yesterday, stuck on the GateGuard. Nothing I have tried affects him, wtf!

Anyone have some helpful tips? Google turns up nothing about this ; ;
---
Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
L.A. Noire (PS3)
#2MrBanballowPosted 3/17/2012 1:33:45 PM
I saw this at work earlier, but couldn't remember my password. If you haven't already figured it out, the first thing you need to do is take care of those projectile launcher things. I had the hardest time with this initially, then stumbled across the answer completely by accident, and it made me feel like a complete idiot...

... remember that right before the Gate Guard, you learned how to dash at airborne enemies (L2 to lock on, R2 to dash)? Well, you can lock on and dash to the projectile launchers, take a few whacks at them with your blades. Wash, rinse, repeat. Once those are both gone, the Gate Guard will try to smash you with his legs, and occasionally his face. When he does the latter, he'll fall apart for a minute and you can damage him.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#3Faelar777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2012 2:58:45 PM
yanya posted...
I saw this at work earlier, but couldn't remember my password. If you haven't already figured it out, the first thing you need to do is take care of those projectile launcher things. I had the hardest time with this initially, then stumbled across the answer completely by accident, and it made me feel like a complete idiot...

... remember that right before the Gate Guard, you learned how to dash at airborne enemies (L2 to lock on, R2 to dash)? Well, you can lock on and dash to the projectile launchers, take a few whacks at them with your blades. Wash, rinse, repeat. Once those are both gone, the Gate Guard will try to smash you with his legs, and occasionally his face. When he does the latter, he'll fall apart for a minute and you can damage him.

I figured out the target dash thing to his shoulder things, but my attacks dont do damage. Will give it another try though, thanks!!!
#4DuConLaFlemePosted 3/17/2012 3:28:10 PM
It will do damage over time, it just take a long time and all of your attacks don't automatically hit.