What names have you given your Skylanders?

#1LordElohimPosted 10/27/2011 12:20:30 AM
I have just about all of them named at this point, I've always loved games that let you rename characters (ah, Chrono Trigger). So, who has named some or all of their Skylanders, and what names are you most proud of, or which ones would you like ideas for?

I've gotten groans from my friends, but thus far, my favorite is Flameslinger, which I named Fuegolas. Dark Spyro became Darth Spyro, I thought that was an obvious one. I named Chop Chop and Legenday Chop Chop Tomax and Xamot. I've been going crazy trying to come up with something for Stealth Elf, and I got nothing, and I'd like something better than Guns McGee for Trigger Happy. Whirlwind obviously became Articuno.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
Wii Friend Code - 6305-2140-0177-8679 Name: Elohim
#2metagross111Posted 10/27/2011 12:32:00 AM
You know, instead of pasting this topic everywhere... you should play the 3DS version. It might actually not be possible to name them here.

But I could be wrong, still looking for it.
---
Heck no. I absolutely despise good decks. --- soccerprodi
#3LordElohim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 12:40:34 AM
Actually, I have the 3DS version, and all of my Skylanders have the names I gave them on 360, so I suppose I didn't even consider that. I apologize if they can't be named on 3DS, I didn't try. You should be able to name them using the online version, so it's still a valid topic. I've played the online version, but I didn't try that either.
---
#4metagross111Posted 10/27/2011 12:41:25 AM
Well, I've been online too and still haven't found a way to do so. Why don't you try and let me know?
---
Heck no. I absolutely despise good decks. --- soccerprodi
#5LordElohim(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2011 1:01:26 AM
You are correct, I can't seem to find a way. I got the game for 360 first, named most of my Skylanders, and then I suppose thought nothing of having done it. When I put one of the Skylanders on the 3DS portal, they pop into the game, at the top of the screen it says the actual name of the Skylander, and at the bottom of the screen, the nickname I gave it. It didn't occur to me that something that is saved in the figure is not accessible by all iterations of the game. It seems very idiotic to me that they can only be named from the console versions.

I guess I should instead ask: what names have you given your Skylanders if you also have a console version, or what would you name them if you could?
---
#6pokejimPosted 10/27/2011 4:02:03 PM
I've got a Wii version I haven't played yet (I'm in the middle of moving, so I sent it ahead with my Wii), and now that you've mentioned it I can't wait to rename my Skylanders. I'd thought a few different times that they had pretty poor names, and that I could do better, but with no renaming capability on the 3DS, it had never occured to me that I would be able to name 'em.

Are there any other features available on the console version that aren't on the 3DS? Will the hats my guys are wearing transfer to the Wii? Will they look better than on the 3DS, where they sort of float above most of the skylanders? What about the scrolls, and levels?
---
I've only got 13 levels left in this game, so I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born! -Gaz