Dragon's Crown realese in 3 days! (says the official website)

#1Swing80sPosted 1/2/2013 6:38:28 AM
Website says release date fohttp://www.ebgames.ca/games/dragons-crown/313199r EB and other sites is 1/5/13!
#2SpherixPosted 1/2/2013 8:27:07 AM
Not exactly true. The official website links to several online retailers, all of which specify a different release date (or none at all). The earliest listed is EB Games, and they list it as "01/05/2013". I wouldn't get your hopes up though.
#3Caliburner9Posted 1/2/2013 2:08:53 PM
^ True. And not only that, but, I've actually talked with one of the guys that works over at Atlus via Twitter and he basically said that Dragon's Crown is still very early in development and that providing a release date at this point in time wouldn't be more than speculation, at best. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things work out. Only time will tell.
#4X_Masquerade_XPosted 1/2/2013 4:18:36 PM
^^
hopefully it doesnt turn out to be another Last Guardian or whatever.
I heard that George may be having cash flow problems, hence them going "silent" on the game for the last few months.
---
Wii-U will be the last console I buy outside of retro
Now Playing: Retro stuff on SNES-Genesis-PC Engine & Saturn
#5Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/2/2013 11:20:57 PM(edited)
I bet this will be another forever-delayed vaporware project like Witch and the 100 Knights.

Vanillaware must still be reeling from the relatively poor sales of Muramasa and Grand Knights History. Their only truly successful game was Odin Sphere, and while it did well enough to get a Greatest Hits reprint, it was hardly a chart-topper. This is also the first time they've had to develop any serious netcode (GKH is turn-based), as well as their first game that will launch on multiple systems. Wonder if the Vita Muramasa port has cut into development.
#6SpherixPosted 1/3/2013 7:58:14 AM
Well, hopefully the Vita Muramasa port will sell well, and give them a big boost. I wonder how much they get out of PSN sales, for their two games there (Odin Sphere and Grim Grimoire).

I thought Atlus was basically funding Dragon's Crown though. Ignition was before they died, and Atlus took over for them...
#7X_Masquerade_XPosted 1/3/2013 9:15:01 AM
^^
I bought both on PSN even though I have physical copies, just to give some extra support to GK
---
#8Caliburner9Posted 1/3/2013 11:09:03 AM
^ Say, you know what? That's not a bad idea. Maybe I should buy both of those Games off of PSN, aswell. You know? To give George and his company, Vanillaware, a little boost.
I've never got the chance to play either of those games, but, now, since they're available off of PSN, I will give them a try.
#9X_Masquerade_XPosted 1/3/2013 2:17:01 PM
^^
^5's!
---
#10Dersu_UzalaPosted 1/3/2013 3:13:46 PM
Well, hopefully the Vita Muramasa port will sell well, and give them a big boost.

It's a Vita game and a straight port of a title from several years ago with no extras, what do you expect? It's going to tank like every other Vita release.

Vanillaware won't see any money from you buying those PSN downloads. It'll all go to Sony.