Wizard and Sorceress Differences

#1BIackWaltzPosted 6/17/2013 6:18:57 PM
Anyone have more info on these two than the videos shown?
From what I can tell the Sorceress is more of a support type with spells leaning more on the side of status effects, reflects, and barriers with a little offense, while the Wizard leans more toward offensive spells with a little support.
Is that accurate?
---
- The BIack Waltz
#2AndyMFKPosted 6/17/2013 7:07:17 PM
Seems so sorceress is a crowd control/support while the wizard is more the nuker. It does seem however from what ive seen of the skill system the game will offer a lot of flexibility in your playstyle. Bottom line games gonna be awesome,
---
PSN: AndyMFK
Waitin' on: MGSV, Dragon's Crown, Witcher 3,
#3SieKensouPosted 6/17/2013 8:31:38 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633261-dragons-crown/66464479
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#4LegoTechnicPosted 6/17/2013 10:32:02 PM
Wizard's spells are damaged based, revolving around things like fire that adds a damage-over-time burn effect as well as direct damage. He can summon treants which are high in defense but low in attack with which he can hide behind while casting large area-of-effect explosions. Wizard is intended to do a lot of damage very fast, but unable to take large amounts of damage (burn-down DPS type).

Sorceress primarily uses ice and lightning schools with spells that focus on crowd control and debilitating effects. Ice will freeze in place, lightning will stun, and she can poison/weaken if you unlock such spells. Her skeleton summons are agressive and high attack to offset her personally low damage compared to the wizard. Sorceress is intended to control and debilitate a field with steady damage while not being able take a large amount herself (trap and run DPS type).
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#5SieKensouPosted 6/17/2013 10:43:16 PM
LegoTechnic posted...
Wizard's spells are damaged based, revolving around things like fire that adds a damage-over-time burn effect as well as direct damage. He can summon treants which are high in defense but low in attack with which he can hide behind while casting large area-of-effect explosions. Wizard is intended to do a lot of damage very fast, but unable to take large amounts of damage (burn-down DPS type).

Sorceress primarily uses ice and lightning schools with spells that focus on crowd control and debilitating effects. Ice will freeze in place, lightning will stun, and she can poison/weaken if you unlock such spells. Her skeleton summons are agressive and high attack to offset her personally low damage compared to the wizard. Sorceress is intended to control and debilitate a field with steady damage while not being able take a large amount herself (trap and run DPS type).

sorceress can buff/assist allies
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#6photonflarePosted 6/17/2013 11:35:13 PM
Fighter-Tank
Dwarf-Bruise
Amazon-Assassin
Wizard-AP Carry
Sorceress-Support
Elf-ADC

If you play LOL, you know what I am talking about. :P
#7CBratePosted 6/18/2013 12:44:23 AM
http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/

They give a brief description. Without playing it ourselves I don't think any of us can give you any more information with certainty.
#8fzeroPosted 6/18/2013 6:33:34 AM
Sorceress has a great body and other things.
#9ZetaStrikerPosted 6/18/2013 7:26:37 AM
There are certainly a lot of similarities, but I think others have already summer up the major differences. The Sorceress has small magic attacks that have rider effects, and her big, limited use spells are usually full screen status effects. Her most offensive skills are actually pets, like the skeleton and thundercloud.

The Wizard we have less information on, but even at a casual glance he's the bruiser of the two. His attacks are larger and focused entirely on damaging the enemy. I'm sure there's more to vary the spells than just "do I want to see meteors or fire when I blow up the screen?", but until we see his skills all we know for sure is that he's trying to kill things more than the Sorceress is. In fact, in a reverse of the Sorceress, his only support skill - the pet - is defensive rather than offensive.
#10zh_jiamingPosted 6/18/2013 7:51:39 AM
photonflare posted...
Fighter-Tank
Dwarf-Bruise
Amazon-Assassin
Wizard-AP Carry
Sorceress-Support
Elf-ADC

If you play LOL, you know what I am talking about. :P

I like this one. Now I can't unsee Sona as the sorceress.