Sorceress builds

#1uraMikkeMPosted 7/26/2013 6:11:57 PM
Anyone have any good builds so far for pve progression?

So far I've been focusing on the following with primarily Ice Staff:

Mental Absorb - MP gain after killing.
Concentrate - Charge to regen MP, better than Extract I think.
Magic Point Up - More MP.
Levitation - Good getaway move

For Spell books, I only got:

1/3 Gravity
1/7 Rock Press

Since the JP wiki says this combo was strong. Haven't really tried using Curse/Thunderstorm/Blizzard/Etc. yet since I wanted to save up Skill Points.

For Common Skills, so far:

Hit Point Up - More HP.
Item User - Faster Item CD for Gravity + Rock Press combo.
Evade - Better dodge (teleport).
Extra Pocket - More inv space.

Haven't really touched the Support skills (Food Create, Protection, etc.) since I don't feel they're really needed [so far]. Any thoughts? Can anyone share their builds as well? Wanted to experiment with Animate Skeleton and other Spell books but not sure if they're worth using. Playing with my wife who uses Amazon and primarily tanks/dps.

-Mekki
#2HitagiPosted 7/26/2013 6:51:57 PM
Protection, Blizzard and Create Food are the holy trinity. Gotta have them in every build.
#3uraMikkeM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 7:41:07 PM
Worth maxing? Or just 1 point for utility?

-Mekki
#4zh_jiamingPosted 7/26/2013 7:51:16 PM
I would be most interested in how Gravity/Petrification/Curse/IceJail are used by the other sorcs. I have 1 pt inside but they don't seem to have much great use for now.
#5uraMikkeM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 8:29:30 PM
zh_jiaming posted...
I would be most interested in how Gravity/Petrification/Curse/IceJail are used by the other sorcs. I have 1 pt inside but they don't seem to have much great use for now.

For spell book chaining, it just seems that Item User skill is needed for the reduced item cooldown. I'm using gravity with rock press since it was recommended on the jp wiki, and it seems like a pretty powerful combo so far.

I haven't seen many sorcs use petrification/curse/ice jail either, so I'm also curious if they're worth getting.

I'm questioning sorc damage output in the endgame.. Seems better to just go support/utility ATM since that's what I see other sorcs do online so far.

-Mekki
#6uraMikkeM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 11:25:42 AM
Also, what is the most efficient way to organize bags as sorc?

Since its important to be able to apply status effects, is it better off weapon switching between the 3 staves (no room for +magic dmg, spell books, and items).. Or have one staff of a certain element, with +magic of that element (with spell books and items) and hope you have the right element equipped to do optimal damage vs the enemies of that stage?

I'm thinking the latter would be better especially for instance farming, right? Or if there was one element that clearly should be used to outshine the other two end-game..

-Mekki
#7themasterllworkPosted 7/27/2013 11:54:41 AM
uraMikkeM posted...
Anyone have any good builds so far for pve progression?

So far I've been focusing on the following with primarily Ice Staff:

Mental Absorb - MP gain after killing.
Concentrate - Charge to regen MP, better than Extract I think.
Magic Point Up - More MP.
Levitation - Good getaway move

For Spell books, I only got:

1/3 Gravity
1/7 Rock Press

Since the JP wiki says this combo was strong. Haven't really tried using Curse/Thunderstorm/Blizzard/Etc. yet since I wanted to save up Skill Points.

For Common Skills, so far:

Hit Point Up - More HP.
Item User - Faster Item CD for Gravity + Rock Press combo.
Evade - Better dodge (teleport).
Extra Pocket - More inv space.

Haven't really touched the Support skills (Food Create, Protection, etc.) since I don't feel they're really needed [so far]. Any thoughts? Can anyone share their builds as well? Wanted to experiment with Animate Skeleton and other Spell books but not sure if they're worth using. Playing with my wife who uses Amazon and primarily tanks/dps.

-Mekki

My sorc is only Lv05-10 but I have Ice Jail.
Ice Jail is more of a CC than your usual "Gravity/RockPress" offensive.

I would think it is VERY useful to control enemies (like Golem boss fight when they pour out like bunnies) or even more chaotic fights on hardest difficulties.

Really though, relying on Wiki, unless you care, shouldn't be done as you should play the way you want it.

Create Food is invaluable because it pretty much makes you a great support food vendor (lolwowmage).

I haven't seen Blizzard or used it so I can't say much about it but it looks cool.. although I wonder what's the casting time on it (Wizard's Meteor Swarm takes FOREVER to summon).

Hmm, is Levivate really that useful? Evade is more than enough and I _think_ does poison damage (you can see those poison effect when teleporting).

I really didn't use any Common Skills except for "Item Bag" since more slots is always good.

Max HP Up isn't needed if you are good on evasion (plus you shouldn't be close range).

Item User, cooldown isn't a big deal for me, if it helps speed up casting (like Wizard's insanely long ass casting time of Meteor Storm, dunno if Sorc have anything like that yet), then I would consider it.

Evade just lets you use it twice in a row, I have yet to see a need for it as a range user (it is great for Elf, especially her Evade-Canceling attacks).

Animate Skeleton is something I regret (I could always delete and redo my char though lol). It is good if NO ONE needs to get bones for AI Helper though.. but other than that, I can find better points to spend it on.

I like carrying all three staffs because of the advantages it got:
Elec: Stun and Charge O is a great wave range kill on the whole screen in front of you
Ice: Freeze means more combos and easier time for your allies
Fire: DoT is always a good thing (although DoT does NOT kill enemies, just keep them at 1 hp), plus it is valuable against ghosts.

So basically on my Sorc/Wiz I have:
Staff Fire
Staff Ice/Elec
Armor
Armor
Heal Potion
Skill
Skill (with Bag Slot)

On my Sorc, I have Ice, while my Wizard have Elec. Both have Fire Staff though, although it is easy to ditch the Fire Staff since you can always use the torch that is supplied in the game to take out the ghosts though.

But remember, some dungeons do better serve for a specific element since enemies are weaker to it and others.
---
http://www.youtube.com/masterll
(MasterLL @ work ~ Swyping on Galaxy S2)
#8SieKensouPosted 7/27/2013 12:12:58 PM
i am thinking of a 3 spell chain....

Gravity -> Ice Jail -> Rock Press

also:

Ice Jail + Levitation / Gravity + Levitation = Maneouvre ability.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#9uraMikkeM(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 1:39:31 PM
LL,

Thanks for the rundown. My sorc is lvl 25ish right now and I'm just waiting on the respec item since its too late to start all over lol. Have you gotten the respec item yet, and from where? There was mention from Kirby that he got it from the random dungeon floor 3, but he didn't say the item name or verify if it was farmable. In regards to your other notes:

1. Levitate is pretty good I think, it gets me out of some pretty nasty situations and I just use it for mobility. Can dodge cancel it too, so it's all the better for increased mobility.

2. Evade: I think the skill improves sorc ability to dodge, not just being able to do it twice in a row. I was able to hold dodge for a longer duration for increased consumption of mp. Also able to dodge into the foreground and background for plane switching. Double check this for me if you can, it might've been doable without the skill but something I noticed I could do now.

3. Item user: Yeah I agree it may not be too useful unless it speeds up spell cast, which I doubt. I like this a lot for lower CD for spell book chaining, and that's about it.

Again thanks for the insight, lots of useful info. :)

-Mekki
#10rkenshin13Posted 7/27/2013 4:10:19 PM(edited)
I've seen Blizzard before. It creates a literal blizzard on the screen and covers the whole screen. I just never saw it from the moment the skill item is used, so I do not know whether it has a charge time to cast or not.

The Evade skill only has one function, it adds +1 to how many times you can dodge in a row and there's 3 levels. So, when it's maxed out you can dodge 4 times in a row.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13