Dragon's Crown New Players Guide

#1zh_jiamingPosted 7/27/2013 3:58:15 AMmessage detail
A collection of important info that somehow not everyone knows.

1. How to cook.

Cooking is triggered when you attempt to run consecutive dungeons without returning to town. Its random.

a. Click on a food item.
b. Click on a cooking pot/pan
c. Click on a seasoning (3 of them per spread, bottom right corner). Use each of them in turn. All 3.
d. Click on the pot/pan with the food
e. Mouse over the pot/pan. If applicable click on the left icon
f. If left icon does not exist click on the right icon
g. Click on your plate, It must be the one in order. If you're the leftmost player, its the leftmost plate.

No click drags or such is needed but I had a lot of trouble figuring it out. Someone else might have trouble too.

2. Chain runs.

You get a random bonus every time you do a consecutive dungeon run without going back to town. The bonus can range from +xp/score, +gold, +droprate, etc. They stack addictively and a long chain of dungeons will give really huge bonuses that continue increase for the next run.

What can go wrong? Well you can freeze. Some people have noted PS3 freezes. I personally got one over the last 20 hours. When that happens you lose all the loot, all the gold, all the xp, all everything. Fairly rare though.

3. Why didn't my chest give me loot

Your thief has a chance to fail his lockpick on chests. This decreases with his level. When he fails a trap goes off and you don't a single loot!

4. Bags

You buy them from the magic tool shop. 2k ea. Seem to restock every time I leave and come back to town. This allows you to assemble multiple sets of gear which is essential for long chain dungeon runs when your gear starts to break and if you're a caster, you're running out of spell charges. Try and assemble a 9 set ASAP.

This only is avaliable after the guildmaster gives you a bag.

5. Runes.

Assembling a 3 runes together can give special bonuses and are essential for unlocking secret doors and getting high quality chests. You can use runes once you do the rune quests and the wizard gives you your first rune.

There are only 4 player runes avaliable. One is given as mentioned above. The other 3 are bought from the wizard. Once you've bought all 3 you can make any non quest runeword in the game. Strongly recommended to save for these ASAP.

6. NPC system

You can find bones in dungeons that if you can bring back to the church to raise as NPC allies. Warning you cannot repair their gear and if they die in battle and you choose not to pay for their continue they totally disappear forever. They have poor AI but are still pretty ok as long as it doesn't involve moving out of the fire and all. Pretty important for sorcs imo, unless you really like chipping and kiting.

7. Coop system.

Once you've visited the first 9 dungeons you get a popup message that says you can use the coop matchmaker. The first option is random coop, the second is invite coop. Any player you coop with will leave an NPC in the inn for you to use later. You don't need to raise them. If they're in broken gear, that won't change too so that's a problem.

8. Inn options.

You can set the party members to join you immediately. If not they join randomly during your game. If you use triangle you can disable joining so you can solo in peace. This is actually needed for some quests.

9. Tips

a. Burying bones in the church gives you a chance to get a random item they have equipped.
b. You can only equip one of each item. Eg. 1 necklace, 1 ring.
c. Healing potions can be bought from the Magic Shop and are recommended
d. Food buffs hp to a maximum of 150%
e. Cooking buffs do not seem to have a limit
f. After you get 9 runestones, the last boss is at the gate. Look for a rune.
g.You need to kill a boss before the timer ends to get a runestone
h. Spellcharges for casters take up an inv slot.
#2VoltEFPosted 7/27/2013 4:41:34 AMmessage detail
Thanks for posting. Requesting a sticky.
---
"Control electricity and you control the world."
-Shrapnel, The Transformers
#3rkenshin13Posted 7/27/2013 8:00:02 AMmessage detail
you can only have one equipped at a time, but you can put say one of each elemental staff for the Wizard/Sorceress and change which one is equipped to give yourself more than one elemental option during a dungeon.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#4zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 8:14:43 AMmessage detail
rkenshin13 posted...
you can only have one equipped at a time, but you can put say one of each elemental staff for the Wizard/Sorceress and change which one is equipped to give yourself more than one elemental option during a dungeon.

Now I know why I saw some players with more than 1 staff. Useful I guess but I can't bring myself to give up my spells and accessories.
#5YHWHPosted 7/27/2013 8:19:25 AMmessage detail
It's talismans, not runestones.

Runestones are your runes, for your rune spells.
#6Akasha724Posted 7/27/2013 12:36:12 PMmessage detail
when doing multiple dungeon runs for bonuses, which option (wish I had a screenshot) is the better treasure/drop rate bonus?
#7HitagiPosted 7/27/2013 1:05:43 PMmessage detail
Akasha724 posted...
when doing multiple dungeon runs for bonuses, which option (wish I had a screenshot) is the better treasure/drop rate bonus?

I'm not sure what you mean. There are only two options after completing a dungeon. Continue (left) and return to town (right).
#8YHWHPosted 7/27/2013 1:21:07 PMmessage detail(edited)
Hitagi posted...
Akasha724 posted...

I'm not sure what you mean. There are only two options after completing a dungeon. Continue (left) and return to town (right).

He means the bonuses on the very bottom of the screen during that. And I believe it's the lower-left one for drop rate bonus. Upper right should be the gold bonus one. Upper left should be score bonus. Forgot about the lower-right one.
#9zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 5:02:59 PMmessage detail
Its the bottom left and bottom right.

Top left = XP/Score
Top right = Gold
Bottom left = Treasure rank
Bottom right = Treasure range(?) (I think this increase the randomisation between chests)

JP wiki says the bottom 2 are low chance.
#10Akasha724Posted 7/27/2013 5:34:57 PMmessage detail
Ah ok thanks Zhi, so far the biggest thing holding me back atm is not knowing just how good the weapon I have is. I just go for Str as a amazon and hope for the best, still working numbers but str seems greater that raw damage in the comparison of 1 to 1 ratio.