can i stack multiple tomes to get extra casts of spells?

#1Duddez_WorldPosted 7/28/2013 8:38:38 PM
for instance get 9 bags and have 3 sets of meteor in each for 27 casts of it.
#2HitagiPosted 7/28/2013 8:55:19 PM
No. That would be terribly broken.
#3awesomeunoPosted 7/28/2013 8:57:07 PM
Hitagi posted...
No. That would be terribly broken.

Agreed
---
Potatoes...and bacon. That is all.
#4Duddez_World(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:24:59 PM
do u guys have the game to have tested it? in the new player guide it says
"This allows you to assemble multiple sets of gear which is essential for long chain dungeon runs when your gear starts to break and if you're a caster, you're running out of spell charges." which seems to suggest i can keep multiple charges but i wanted to confirm it with someone who has the game before i decided which class to play as
#5Duddez_World(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:25:38 PM
or perhaps its 1 tome per bag? im not really sure which is why im asking how the mechanic functions lol :P
#6YHWHPosted 7/28/2013 11:43:03 PM(edited)
1 tome per spell per bag. Tomes usually have 3 casts per each tome. Number of uses can be increased by raising a skill level.

Example: Got skills for the spells of Tornado, Meteor Swarm, and Fireblaze. You go to your Equipment menu, Bag1. You equip the tomes of Tornado, Meteor Swarm, and Fireblaze.

You go to Bag2, you equip the tomes of Tornado, Meteor Swarm, and Fireblaze.

Run a dungeon or two, equipped with gear on Bag1, the tomes are out of charges from use. Upon reaching the Path A/Path B fork of any dungeon, you get to switch bags. You switch to Bag2, whose tomes are full.
#7Duddez_World(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:44:53 PM
thank you that was very helpful so i could technically still have 27 cast of meteor for chaining dungeons, 3 casts per tome 9 tomes :). now i know for sure im definantly going a caster, was starting to have my doubts after reading about limiting of spells like if i can only cast meteor 3 times b4 returning to town may go dwarf lol. now i just wanta know how good crits are and how much difference that A-S rank makes with damage of commonskills like homing magic missle they both have and ill decide wizard or sorc.
#8YHWHPosted 7/28/2013 11:58:02 PM
Duddez_World posted...
thank you that was very helpful so i could technically still have 27 cast of meteor for chaining dungeons, 3 casts per tome 9 tomes :). now i know for sure im definantly going a caster, was starting to have my doubts after reading about limiting of spells like if i can only cast meteor 3 times b4 returning to town may go dwarf lol. now i just wanta know how good crits are and how much difference that A-S rank makes with damage of commonskills like homing magic missle they both have and ill decide wizard or sorc.

The problem with casting Meteor isn't the number of uses. It is the casting time. You are defenseless and unable to move while casting it. You can stop casting it though, to cancel. Seems like it takes about 6-7 seconds to cast or maybe even longer. On my Wizard, it felt like an eternity while waiting on the casting to finish, while standing next to the Doom Beetle boss. My other spells like Tornado and Fire Blaze have much faster casting times, like one second or two.

I wouldn't concern myself with crits or even stat ranks. Just play the game and enjoy. No need to fret about whether or not you're doing enough damage. There will be a ton of damage numbers flying around on-screen.
#9Duddez_World(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:59:43 PM
its not really that i just enjoy min maxing stuff, to me half the fun in games like this is going over the skills numbers ect and figuring out builds, ways 2 play ect. my friends hates me for it when we play rpgs together lol but i enjoy going over numbers and figuring out "ideal" builds tactics ect.
#10zh_jiamingPosted 7/29/2013 12:27:56 AM
You can switch to another "bag", at every A/B path, or to put it another way, about once a run. his basically allows you restock your spells up to 8 times when chain running. You are still limited to one set of spells in any run (since you can't switch bags more than once a run).

In your case, you can't use more than one tome of meteor for a run.