Definitely no voice chat?

#11Moe_IkezeraPosted 7/30/2013 9:14:52 AM
That's pretty inexcusable . I'm not sure how someone can release a game like this without voice chat. Even the crappiest games when playstation first launched had voice chat. This is a huge let down. They hopefully patch this in later cause it completely ruins the experience.

It's bad enough you have to beat the game before you can even play multiplayer and that you can't load multiple profiles on the same ps3.This is kind of a deal breaker. What kind of multiplayer game releases without voice chat >:C

Also using a phone or Skype is awkward at best. Especially if you are trying to play with 4 people. Plus who wants to make a four hour phone call :/
#12ConradimusPrimePosted 7/30/2013 2:18:59 PM
final_chance posted...
If only things like internet calls or cellphones existed.

Wait...

If only games included features which have been standard in multiplayer games for the last ten years...

What was the last online multiplayer game you played without voice chat?
Mine was Phantasy Star Online. For the freaking Dreamcast.
#13LegoTechnicPosted 7/30/2013 2:23:26 PM
ConradimusPrime posted...
final_chance posted...

Wait...

If only games included features which have been standard in multiplayer games for the last ten years...

Dark Souls, though it was excluded by game design to keep phantoms as impersonal as possible.

There's really no reason for Dragon's Crown not to allow voice chat. If this was the 360 you could use Live as an easy work-around, but this lack of service has long been one of the shames of the Playstation Network.

I'm not burning all my cellphone minutes on a video game, so I guess I'll have to settle for Skype off a laptop. Kind of a pain in the butt, though.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#14DoctorNekoPosted 7/30/2013 2:28:28 PM
final_chance posted...

Wait...

Diablo 3.
---
Now playing:
Gundam Breaker, BF3, Dragon's Dogma
#15CammyApplePosted 7/30/2013 2:29:20 PM
LegoTechnic posted...
final_chance posted...

Wait...

Dark Souls, though it was excluded by game design to keep phantoms as impersonal as possible.

There's really no reason for Dragon's Crown not to allow voice chat. If this was the 360 you could use Live as an easy work-around, but this lack of service has long been one of the shames of the Playstation Network.

I'm not burning all my cellphone minutes on a video game, so I guess I'll have to settle for Skype off a laptop. Kind of a pain in the butt, though.

No voip services available on your cellphone? (serious question, not being a dick.)
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#16DirtyToenailsPosted 7/30/2013 2:32:13 PM
This is pretty ridiculous to leave this out. Thankfully anyone I would care to talk to will be Skyping with me, but this really sucks for people who don't have a computer near their PS3 or something.
#17CammyApplePosted 7/30/2013 3:01:55 PM
I think the thing that people are over looking is that we're kind of lucky to have online play in a game like this at all. It really feels like the type of game you play with people all in the same room. Where VOIP isn't even a thought as everyone is right there.
---
#18AmethystEndPosted 7/30/2013 3:03:01 PM
Considering VanillaWare's size and Atlus's Parent Company's current money problems, yeah, I'm pretty thankful we've got online multiplayer at all.
---
The Distant Blue
#19CammyApplePosted 7/30/2013 3:05:23 PM
AmethystEnd posted...
Considering VanillaWare's size and Atlus's Parent Company's current money problems, yeah, I'm pretty thankful we've got online multiplayer at all.

You have to "unlock" online multiplayer too right? That kind of throws up an "afterthought" flag.
---
#20AmethystEndPosted 7/30/2013 3:09:00 PM(edited)
CammyApple posted...
AmethystEnd posted...

You have to "unlock" online multiplayer too right? That kind of throws up an "afterthought" flag.

All 9 stages have two paths, A and B. To unlock online multiplayer, you have to clear path A of all 9 stages. Beating the game requires you to clear all the B paths as well (you don't get to fight the final boss until the B paths). I'm not sure if screams afterthought as much as I think they wanted to minimize people being carried by higher level friends from the very beginning of the game. Imagine you have a friend who doesn't get the game until a month after release and they want to play with your level 99. If you could do it from the start, then they've pretty much ruined the game for themselves.
---
The Distant Blue