Definitely no voice chat?

#31Moe_IkezeraPosted 7/30/2013 8:27:53 PM
AmethystEnd posted...
Considering VanillaWare's size and Atlus's Parent Company's current money problems, yeah, I'm pretty thankful we've got online multiplayer at all.

There are smaller game companies with fewer games under their belt who are still able to provide voice chat so that's not much of an excuse. Really crappy launch titles on psn had voice chat.

-------
Also who the hell wants to use their phone for voice chat in a lobby of 4 people with their tv blaring in the background. Have you ever tried that? It's awkward as hell.
#32AmethystEndPosted 7/30/2013 8:31:09 PM
AmethystEnd posted...
Considering VanillaWare's size and Atlus's Parent Company's current money problems, yeah, I'm pretty thankful we've got online multiplayer at all.

There are smaller game companies with fewer games under their belt who are still able to provide voice chat so that's not much of an excuse. Really crappy launch titles on psn had voice chat.

Can I get some examples of those smaller companies and launch titles please? Thanks.
---
The Distant Blue
#33Moe_IkezeraPosted 7/30/2013 8:41:22 PM
YHWH posted...
What exactly do you need to communicate that is so urgent that someone needs to hear it less you suffer from eternal regret from not saying it to that random Sorceress player that you met online thinking there might be something special since she made food for you to eat?

Not everyone is as friendless and antisocial as you. Talking to people online makes the experience more enjoyable and easier. Plus there are secrets and valuable information to pass along as well discussion of strategy and technique kinda like what we are doing here. Even chronicles of mystara has voice chat and I met a few interesting people playing that with voice chat and learned some things I wouldn't have been able to learn of otherwise unless. Plus not everyone likes to play their games in complete silence.

Mind as well just play offline.
#34YHWHPosted 7/30/2013 8:44:59 PM
The PS3 version has no voice chat.

Deal with it.

Hahahaha.
#35CammyApplePosted 7/31/2013 12:01:32 AM
Moe_Ikezera posted...
YHWH posted...
What exactly do you need to communicate that is so urgent that someone needs to hear it less you suffer from eternal regret from not saying it to that random Sorceress player that you met online thinking there might be something special since she made food for you to eat?

Not everyone is as friendless and antisocial as you. Talking to people online makes the experience more enjoyable and easier. Plus there are secrets and valuable information to pass along as well discussion of strategy and technique kinda like what we are doing here. Even chronicles of mystara has voice chat and I met a few interesting people playing that with voice chat and learned some things I wouldn't have been able to learn of otherwise unless. Plus not everyone likes to play their games in complete silence.

Mind as well just play offline.

With ones friends!

Those who are not "friendless" won't find this a problem.

(Sorry I don't have any way to point out my post is in good fun)
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#36RankorrPosted 7/31/2013 2:49:34 AM
You guys that are defending no voice chat are literally being offended for no reason. I own this game. I love this game. I play this game. But I STILL agree that no voice chat is extremely lame.

Why would you argue FOR lack of features??? Even if it DOES ruin the experience for someone (Which is reasonable) why not, "Yeah, it really sucks, I agree," and be done with it? Why call people out for being very upset that there's no voice chat???

AmethystEnd posted...
CammyApple posted...
AmethystEnd posted...

You have to "unlock" online multiplayer too right? That kind of throws up an "afterthought" flag.

All 9 stages have two paths, A and B. To unlock online multiplayer, you have to clear path A of all 9 stages. Beating the game requires you to clear all the B paths as well (you don't get to fight the final boss until the B paths). I'm not sure if screams afterthought as much as I think they wanted to minimize people being carried by higher level friends from the very beginning of the game. Imagine you have a friend who doesn't get the game until a month after release and they want to play with your level 99. If you could do it from the start, then they've pretty much ruined the game for themselves.

How could they ruin the game for themselves if they chose to do it?? Also, I believe the game drops you to the level cap of the lower difficulties.

Even if that was the case (I wouldn't bet a cent on it) that's extremely short sighted of them. Who cares what players do??? Some devs do their part to keep the spirit of difficult gaming alive, more power to them and they've done so with this game. Higher level content and bosses can be pretty tough, but controlling players from "skipping" out like power leveling for example is just silly.

If anything, I bet they did it so you don't jump into online not knowing what you're doing, so people will have a more enjoyable experience. Also, why would they leave multiplayer from the start on local, but not online?? You could still carry all your friends in local play.
#37RankorrPosted 7/31/2013 2:51:04 AM
YHWH posted...
The PS3 version has no voice chat.

Deal with it.

Hahahaha.

Exactly. All hail the new Vita master race!! *joins Playstation Party on Vita to voice chat with friends*
#38Gen2000Posted 7/31/2013 8:02:22 AM
Rankorr posted...
You guys that are defending no voice chat are literally being offended for no reason. I own this game. I love this game. I play this game. But I STILL agree that no voice chat is extremely lame.

Why would you argue FOR lack of features??? Even if it DOES ruin the experience for someone (Which is reasonable) why not, "Yeah, it really sucks, I agree," and be done with it? Why call people out for being very upset that there's no voice chat???

Yeah, saying it doesn't affect you personally is one thing but saying stuff along the likes of "this game is better off without it" is extremely silly and close-minded. Especially considering there's already a thread here with "bad online activities" mainly because of the lack of communication in PUGs.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#39Akira502002Posted 7/31/2013 8:15:47 AM
No big really. This game seems more like a local Co-op game, you guys remember when you played multiplayer with your friends in the same room? Vita has party chat for those that insist on chatting. Ps3 chatters will have to hope for a patch I guess, which is very unlikely given the current state of atlus.
---
PSN: senbonzakura713
#40MadDewgPosted 7/31/2013 2:19:53 PM
Akira502002 posted...
No big really. This game seems more like a local Co-op game, you guys remember when you played multiplayer with your friends in the same room? Vita has party chat for those that insist on chatting. Ps3 chatters will have to hope for a patch I guess, which is very unlikely given the current state of atlus.

Definitely, those were good times, back when I was a 15 year old with no priorities whatsoever..........in 1998.

These days, with all my RL friends and I being in the 27 to 30ish age range (the majority of which being married, with kids, a job *which by the way damn near all of us had to move out of town/city/state to get said jobs*, and priorities), getting together for some good ol' fashioned couch co-op isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do these days.

For example I live in south carolina, one of my close RL friends now lives in pennsylvania, can you just imagine how crazy it would look for my friend telling his wife "hey babe imma' hop over to south carolina real quick-like to play dragon's crown with my boy, watch the kids and tell my boss I'll be late for work tomorrow" every two days or so? lol.

Personally its not that big a deal for me or my friends I plan to play this game with since like others said, you can always just use skype or something (in our case we will just cut on the 360s and make a party chat room), but I can see how it can be annoying for others that want to chat with their friends but don't have alternate means.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx Playing monster hunter 3 ult., fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, shantae: risky's revenge