can I change difficulty on my 1st playthrough ?

#1crowlanserPosted 8/1/2013 5:16:49 PM
And how if I can
#2OmenofFatePosted 8/1/2013 5:18:38 PM
Have you done any research? There are various topics with this information. Hell even reviews that state this.
#3Mindwipe77Posted 8/1/2013 5:22:32 PM
to answer you TC, no you can't
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014/Lightning's true #1 fan
Waiting for:Dragons Crown/Tales of Xilla CE
#4DevilTakoyakiPosted 8/1/2013 6:35:57 PM
No you can not.
There're 3 difficulty in this game. Normal, Hard and Inferno.
The maximum level for Normal is 35, Hard is 65 and Inferno is 99.
---
PSN US: DEVIL-TAKOYAKI
PSN Japan: DEVIL-DORAYAKI
#5Split InfinityPosted 8/1/2013 7:06:13 PM
I'm not sure why you're saying you can't.
Beat Ancient Dragon on Normal to get Hard difficulty. Once on hard, visit the temple to switch between Normal and Hard, free of charge.
Beat Ancient Dragon on Hard to get Infernal difficulty. Once on infernal, visit the temple to switch between Normal, Hard, and Infernal, free of charge.

But it only counts for the chara you beat Ancient Dragon with.
#6will57Posted 8/1/2013 7:07:50 PM
Split Infinity posted...
Beat Ancient Dragon on Normal to get Hard difficulty. Once on hard, visit the temple to switch between Normal and Hard, free of charge.
Beat Ancient Dragon on Hard to get Infernal difficulty. Once on infernal, visit the temple to switch between Normal, Hard, and Infernal, free of charge.

That doesn't qualify as being able to change difficulty on "first playthrough" considering you have to go through the nine dungeons first.
---
Currently waiting the release of The Guided Fate Paradox (Fall), Disgaea D2 (October), Dragon's Crown (August) and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD (September)
#7Yamato_sanPosted 8/2/2013 11:01:58 AM
will57 posted...
Split Infinity posted...

That doesn't qualify as being able to change difficulty on "first playthrough" considering you have to go through the nine dungeons first.

from the sounds of it, I'd say this game suffers from "Ghosts 'n Goblins syndrome" (as I'll dub it). Basically, rather than being able to freely select the difficulty from the start, you play through the game multiple times starting from the lower difficulty levels (all of which collectively count as the playthrough for a single file). Aside from the aforementioned Ghosts 'n Goblins, the only other game I can think of which does this is Digimon World 4.

I can't say it's a bad system, personally. It's basically New Game+, except now you're not expected to one-shot the first few bosses. Though, one has to wonder if these "hard modes" actually live up to their names if your level's continually increasing to match them anyway.
#8monsterhuntercoPosted 8/2/2013 11:48:02 AM
Yamato_san posted...

I can't say it's a bad system, personally. It's basically New Game+, except now you're not expected to one-shot the first few bosses. Though, one has to wonder if these "hard modes" actually live up to their names if your level's continually increasing to match them anyway.

Play with 1 or 2 people the game will be challenging.

3-4 it's a spam festival. And your right, though you can't match some of the monsters that go over 99, this game will quickly become a "numbers dps" spam game. This is what most people will do playing multiplayer in search for that ultimate gear as quickly as possible.

Doing so will make these players worse in solo because they are essentially "not playing", but they will think they are really good because they have the best equipment. These will then be the "elite players who post around gamefaqs bragging". I assume this board will be quite unpleasant very shortly after launch because of how quickly you can reach 99.
---
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/monsterhunterconnect/
#9themasterllworkPosted 8/2/2013 12:37:40 PM
monsterhunterco posted...
Doing so will make these players worse in solo because they are essentially "not playing", but they will think they are really good because they have the best equipment. These will then be the "elite players who post around gamefaqs bragging". I assume this board will be quite unpleasant very shortly after launch because of how quickly you can reach 99.

Gears and levels mean nothing if you suck on your class.

I've played quite a few higher level Elfs with Dragon Slaying equipments and bonus damage...
They don't know how to ECCA (Evade Cancel Charge shot), or use arrows correct and flying around like idiots to kill enemies (while getting killed themselves).

Only time they actually look like they know what they are doing is using multishot on bosses (but still not using ECCA to boost dps burst).. and not getting arrows when they run out.

It is very easy to see who knows how to play their class and others.

I can make an example for every class...

I've seen just hack/slash Amazons newbies, while others shreds through with Revolver and other skills (god I need to learn how to fight like that).

Dwarves knowing who (which enemy) to grab to reduce the threat potential...

Fighters who won't use Attract or Cover allies (seriously? it boost your damage too!)

No protect Sorcoress.. wtf...

Wizards who just Air Charge Elec in the air, which is very common for Wiz/Sorc, and does very well.. but no Slow spell ... lol
---
[ http://www.youtube.com/masterll | http://twitch.tv/themasterll ]
(MasterLL @ work ~ Swyping on Galaxy S2)
#10monsterhuntercoPosted 8/2/2013 1:07:28 PM
themasterllwork posted...
Stuff.

The stuff you posted is correct. It still does not change the fact that when you jump to 4 players you can pull this off and the game becomes a spam dps situation. The majority of players will jump straight to online as fast as they can and play with full parties. You just mentioned seeing these bad players in your games did they instantly quit or get kicked out of the party? No because it's manageable, some players like overall difficulty rather than self imposed difficulty they have to put on themselves. For example enemies that scale as more human players join simply because human player > AI player.

I haven't played myself, I have talked to players who are level 99 end game content though and they have said and shown me exactly this. Game is skill based if you want it to be, or spam casual if you want it to be.
---
twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/monsterhunterconnect/