Which game should I get first?

#11Crystal_DreamPosted 8/5/2013 8:27:06 AM
ZenzokukenX posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...
Depends: do you want a long JRPG that focuses on characters with a storyline?
Or a beat-them-up with a loot system that commends replayability?

Both... lol

Both of these games totally appeal to me. I loved Odin Sphere, I loved Tales of Graces f and Tales of Vesperia...

I have heard that you can beat DC in like 4 hours so should I get it first and beat it then get Xillia?

From what developers say, it takes 20 hours to beat Dragon's Crown once. I'm not sure if they're counting doing all the side-quests and whatnot.

Dragon's Crown is meant to be replayed over and over again though, whereas Xillia is more "one and done" with the exception of a possible second playthrough for the other Gold trophy/ extra story segments.

However Xillia will have a longer "first" playthrough, so it's all based on what kind of gamer you are. Also: do you value interesting character personalities (I'm hoping Xillia's will be) over stat based character builds?
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#12ZenzokukenX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 8:41:29 AM
Crystal_Dream posted...
ZenzokukenX posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...
Depends: do you want a long JRPG that focuses on characters with a storyline?
Or a beat-them-up with a loot system that commends replayability?

Both... lol

Both of these games totally appeal to me. I loved Odin Sphere, I loved Tales of Graces f and Tales of Vesperia...

I have heard that you can beat DC in like 4 hours so should I get it first and beat it then get Xillia?

From what developers say, it takes 20 hours to beat Dragon's Crown once. I'm not sure if they're counting doing all the side-quests and whatnot.

Dragon's Crown is meant to be replayed over and over again though, whereas Xillia is more "one and done" with the exception of a possible second playthrough for the other Gold trophy/ extra story segments.

However Xillia will have a longer "first" playthrough, so it's all based on what kind of gamer you are. Also: do you value interesting character personalities (I'm hoping Xillia's will be) over stat based character builds?

It's really hard to say. I mean there were time in Tales of Grace where all they talked about was FRIENDSHIP and the story got boring but the battle system made up for it. If the story is really good I love it but if it is *meh* then I will start to rush through. But, both games look like they have great battle systems.
---
PC, Xbizzle, PS3
PSP Go & 3000
#13Crystal_DreamPosted 8/5/2013 8:48:09 AM
ZenzokukenX posted...
It's really hard to say. I mean there were time in Tales of Grace where all they talked about was FRIENDSHIP and the story got boring but the battle system made up for it. If the story is really good I love it but if it is *meh* then I will start to rush through. But, both games look like they have great battle systems.

I heard the characters and story in Xillia is better, but I am unable to make that call myself.
Whichever you go with, I'm sure you'll enjoy them both.

Xillia DOES have a limited edition that coems with a small art book, music CD, and DLC costumes if you want to swng that way... But Dragon's Crown is cheaper and will certainly last you until Xillia gets a price drop (be warned that Tales games usually sell out quick and used copies costs a lot... Then again, so do Atlus games)
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"