Minor Re-Spec Potion SP Trick

#11SuperKinkehDesu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 6:28:04 AM
Chaos Grimoire posted...
Thanks, I understand now.

Your either lucky or got a review copy(I guess that still qualifies as lucky). Every store around me always refuses to break street date for any game, so I never get anything early.

Is going from lv1-99 the kind of thing you can knock out over the weekend?

well...yes, if you are a real trooper. took me like...50-60 hours?
---
primal_force posted...
I don't care for the japanese language, its a rip off of the chinese language lol.
#12MasterLLPosted 8/6/2013 6:41:26 AM
SuperKinkehDesu posted...
as said, the game forces you to keep deep pockets.

if I were to sp reset with maxed deep pockets, I would get SP earned - 12(sp in deep pockets).

pretty much this equates to being forced into deep pockets lv3 upon resetting, but getting around the level 3 common skill restriction of 6 points, and as such taking advantage of it (using it to contribute to another skill requirement, lessening the total points in common skills), as you can see in my build (which is pretty great, by the way).

what Im hoping for is that people consider this aspect when thinking of chara builds, because in elf's case its a huge help.

Oh I see, thanks!
This trick is helpful for many classes I guess depending on what you invest on Common.

Since I use Maintenance in my Elf build, I guess it won't be effective since I'll meet the min SP requirements.
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, Atelier Eschatology | Want: Tales of Xillia, Sen no Kiseki
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#13Baze82Posted 8/6/2013 7:09:19 AM
I don't have the game, yet so that may be why. But I seriously don't understand how to do it. It only works after you've reached max level and used the respec potion?

Please enlighten me.
---
360 GT: Baze82 / PSN: Spes82
--- My common sense is tingling.
#14BigWilliePlaysPosted 8/6/2013 7:42:14 AM
You have to have a certain amount of points spent in common skills before you can max out some of them. Usually, this means putting one or two points in skills that you didn't really want. By maxing out deep/extra pocket and then using respec, you can have three points in that without investing in other skills.

The reason is because the game doesn't let you respec that one skill- you keep the points in it, EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS (not yelling, just capsing the key point). You can respec all your other stuff, and you can level other skills without having to drop points in ones you don't want, because technically you already have 3 points in pockets.

The important point is that pockets is a kick ass skill. The trick is useful for people who want a couple of key common skills but don't want to invest too much in common. Not useful for everyone, because there are several nice commons that many people will want to use anyway.

The game probably doesn't let you respec pockets because it would change your equipment loadout and potentially cause you to have too many items in the stash.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro
better to offer help to a troll than turn away a noob - PHoToS999
#15Doom_InfinitePosted 8/6/2013 8:22:06 AM
So you recommend maxing Deep Pockets as soon as one has the points to? For which characters is this not worth it?
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#16Hayabusa_sanPosted 8/6/2013 8:37:56 AM
Doom_Infinite posted...
So you recommend maxing Deep Pockets as soon as one has the points to? For which characters is this not worth it?

I think what he means is that if you're going to respec a character, it would probably be a good idea to max Deep Pockets before doing so, so that upon respec you don't have to reinvest in skills you don't want or have no use for before being able to max the skills that you DO want.

Whether it has more worth to some characters or others is, IMO, largely irrelevant, as it depends on your personal preference in skills and char builds.
---
PSN ID: gmsephiroth gamertag: gmxsephiroth
Currently playing: http://backloggery.com/gmsephiroth
#17BigWilliePlaysPosted 8/6/2013 8:48:10 AM
Doom_Infinite posted...

I want pockets on every character. It's a matter of personal choice, but I find it to be basically the most useful skill in the game- second weapon, another stack of healing potions, an additional Skill item like Warpaint... you name it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro
better to offer help to a troll than turn away a noob - PHoToS999
#18ShingokuuPosted 8/6/2013 9:16:30 AM
Thanks to SKD for sharing and thanks to BigWill for simplifying it for beginners.
---
Aniki!
#19uraMikkeMPosted 8/6/2013 9:44:01 AM
So this probably won't be useful for the amazons that only use limited inventory space (non-maxed Extra Pocket). I currently have enough space in my inventory for 2 axes, equipment, warpaint, and power bottle.. with just 1/3 Extra Pocket.

This SP trick would only help me assuming I have 3/3 Extra Pocket before respec, and decide to 3/3 Extra Pocket again right?

-Mekki
#20SuperKinkehDesu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 10:57:10 AM
uraMikkeM posted...
So this probably won't be useful for the amazons that only use limited inventory space (non-maxed Extra Pocket). I currently have enough space in my inventory for 2 axes, equipment, warpaint, and power bottle.. with just 1/3 Extra Pocket.

This SP trick would only help me assuming I have 3/3 Extra Pocket before respec, and decide to 3/3 Extra Pocket again right?

-Mekki

The only time this is useful is if you have level 3 extra pocket, but you cant choose to do it again, because the game forces you to keep level 3 extra pocket. you literally dont get the points back and they are already allocated into it post SP reset.

But yes, you are correct in your assumption that it would only be beneficial if you wanted to keep level 3 extra pocket.

kind of off topic, but theres another trick you can do, with characters that drop their weapons via attacks or getting hit, equip a second weapon after dropping your first to negate the cooldown / retrieval (so like, the move that makes you drop your weapon > switch weapons)
---
primal_force posted...
I don't care for the japanese language, its a rip off of the chinese language lol.