Wizard gets stronger, or becomes useless?

#1Ruzz9Posted 8/6/2013 10:50:32 PM
I REALLY like my Wizard, but I'm not sure if he's going to scale well into the later runs/difficulties as well as my Fighter will. (solid start also, and can only see the Fighter getting stronger as I'm not so sure about the Wizard)

Anyone have an idea how the Wizard will play out? Or will his damage/usefulness fall off compared to the Fighter?
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#2zh_jiamingPosted 8/6/2013 10:54:03 PM
He is a good dps. You'll be fine.
#3Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 9:06:30 AM
Does he improve a bit later on though? My Fighter can absolutely smash things, and is only becoming stronger while as my Wizard started out weak, and isn't scaling well or improving much. (only imagine he'd be worse in the high-end difficulties)
---
#4ZaigouPosted 8/7/2013 9:10:05 AM
I hear Wizard is REALLY dependent on his gear. Which I can understand being a problem as some useful abilities he might get are effectively random. Though with good gear I imagine he can do some pretty dastardly things.
---
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~
#5alt_realityPosted 8/7/2013 9:12:50 AM
Can the Fighter cast Slow on bosses? No.

Just... play what you like and if you end up hating it, you'll have a bunch of cool gear for your other classes to show for the time you spent Wizarding.
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#6Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 9:18:58 AM
Does the Wizard do decent damage though later on? The reason being all I really have going for me is slow right now, and that's it.. my damage is really lackluster compared to the other classes and I was wondering if it gets good.
---