Cooking bug?

#1Arigato21Posted 8/7/2013 9:27:13 AM
My cursor keeps going up towards the top of the screen during the cooking minigame. It doesn't do this during the main game.

It makes it hard to hit the stir and drag the ingredients to the pots and to my plate.

Is it just me or does anyone else get this?
---
PSN: MagickTofu
Playing: Dragon Crown (Lv29 Elf), Ayakashi (Android, invite code Magi)
#2HZAresPosted 8/7/2013 9:28:39 AM
Both of your sticks and maybe even the pad move the cursor during that segment. Most like you have been press against the left stick.
#3Tricked Out HoroPosted 8/7/2013 9:29:54 AM
Sorry to hijack your topic, but when is the cooking minigame unlocked?
---
I've cut my own path, you've followed your wrath, but maybe we're both the same~
PSN: TrickedOutHoro
#4HZAresPosted 8/7/2013 9:38:12 AM
Tricked Out Horo posted...
Sorry to hijack your topic, but when is the cooking minigame unlocked?

Cooking unlock same time as multiplayer, happens sometimes when you continue to the next dungeon instead of returning to town.
#5DannyCroutonPosted 8/8/2013 4:10:37 PM
I've had this happen to me as well.

My cursor wouldn't show up when I first unlocked the cooking mini-game. I was using the right stick to figure out where it was(like I would in game) but realized moving my left stick made it appear, however when the left stick was left idle it just kept drifting towards the top of the screen.

I ended having to use both sticks in order to cook, pushing down slightly on the left stick to keep the cursor from drifting up. It got difficult when I had to get the cooked food into the plate.

I'm using the D-pad to move my character since I get better precision movement, so I'm not sure if that causes some sort of bug. I'm going to try my new controller out tonight to see if it was a hardware fault.

as of now the cooking mini-game is almost broken for me though....
#6DignatoReRaisedPosted 8/8/2013 4:17:14 PM
It's a side effect of the deadzones of the DS3 being pretty poorly set. I have no idea how to reset them.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#7DannyCroutonPosted 8/8/2013 4:50:44 PM
I'm assuming then, that this is also happening to you? If so are you using the D-Pad to move your character? Maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't want to use the stick for movement(if that's what the common denominator is) since it provides such a big margin for error, however might have to use it for chain running, allowing me to cook properly.

Hopefully they patch this soon, It really did disappoint me when I couldn't cook the way I wanted...
#8Pravus_ObsideoPosted 8/8/2013 5:05:05 PM
I'm glad to hear this isn't just happening to me. My controller's analog sticks some times get a little stuck, so I was worried I'd have to run out and get a new one, even though the sticks seemed to be in the center while it was occurring.
#9Frozen-ShadowPosted 8/8/2013 5:15:11 PM
I had my cursor get stuck at the top once and it sometimes randomly starts dragging really hard to the top. The cursor in general is incredibly wonky and very hard to control during cooking. It's very hard to select anything. It seems to be trying to do this snap feature (where it will auto snap to a particular spot on something) but it isn't very accurate. There is nothing wrong with my controller either. Maybe it might have something to do with the cursor sensitivity in the options menu interfering? I have no idea but whatever is happening makes the cooking game a ****ing chore.
---
*insert random pseudo-intellectual/quasi-humorous/narcissistic sig here*
#10DignatoReRaisedPosted 8/8/2013 6:02:15 PM
DannyCrouton posted...
I'm assuming then, that this is also happening to you? If so are you using the D-Pad to move your character? Maybe that has something to do with it?

I don't want to use the stick for movement(if that's what the common denominator is) since it provides such a big margin for error, however might have to use it for chain running, allowing me to cook properly.

Hopefully they patch this soon, It really did disappoint me when I couldn't cook the way I wanted...

It only happens to me on my secondary controller, which has a host of other issues as well.
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!