Tip for Recruitable Allies

#1Sasquatch4201Posted 8/8/2013 2:25:54 AM
I had someone lvl 99 join a game early on and managed to resurrect him as an ally. His equipment eventually broke but i realized if you hit triangle at the ally select screen, you can switch there bags for fresh gear if they had it equipped. Took me to level 40 to figure that out.

Also not a bad idea to just dump excess gear into your extra bags so your toons can go the extra mile for someone else as well as using in a pinch
---
GT: sasquatch4201
#2DragnflyPosted 8/8/2013 3:53:36 AM
Thanks. I didn't even think to check if they had different bags.
---
"What's alchemy?"
"The ultimate h-doujin plot device."
#3BurnMyToastPosted 8/8/2013 4:08:22 AM
Sasquatch4201 posted...
I had someone lvl 99 join a game early on and managed to resurrect him as an ally. His equipment eventually broke but i realized if you hit triangle at the ally select screen, you can switch there bags for fresh gear if they had it equipped. Took me to level 40 to figure that out.

Also not a bad idea to just dump excess gear into your extra bags so your toons can go the extra mile for someone else as well as using in a pinch

The thing is not many people actually bothered to equip all the bags they've bought. I've a 8x AI and with 9 bags but just only 3 bags are filled
#4DragnflyPosted 8/8/2013 4:16:24 AM
Considering there's no real worries for money in the game I'm going to just dump unused equipment in my extra bags.

How do potions and durability work with multiplayer? If I pick up your bones, revive you, use you as an AI and your equipment breaks, I don't imagine it effects your actual character in the slightest.

Actually, come to think of it, if you're low level and had some level 99 buddy couldn't you enter a game with him, let him kill himself (bombs, repeatedly falling off cliffs, etc) and then you pick up his bones and revive him as an AI partner when he's done playing? With no penalty for death it seems like this would be a perfectly doable solution.
---
"What's alchemy?"
#5BurnMyToastPosted 8/8/2013 4:51:26 AM
Dragnfly posted...
Considering there's no real worries for money in the game I'm going to just dump unused equipment in my extra bags.

How do potions and durability work with multiplayer? If I pick up your bones, revive you, use you as an AI and your equipment breaks, I don't imagine it effects your actual character in the slightest.

Actually, come to think of it, if you're low level and had some level 99 buddy couldn't you enter a game with him, let him kill himself (bombs, repeatedly falling off cliffs, etc) and then you pick up his bones and revive him as an AI partner when he's done playing? With no penalty for death it seems like this would be a perfectly doable solution.

Not sure if that will work but usually when you clear a stage and go back to check you might get to see your friend bones in the temple?(Not really sure but I've gotten a few 8x when I'm on normal) For durability once it goes to 0 there's no way to repair them. For use of items I've not check yet but I've seen them deplete it in dungeon but once out of dungeon it goes back to what it was before.
#6DragnflyPosted 8/8/2013 11:33:03 AM
BurnMyToast posted...
Dragnfly posted...

Not sure if that will work but usually when you clear a stage and go back to check you might get to see your friend bones in the temple?(Not really sure but I've gotten a few 8x when I'm on normal) For durability once it goes to 0 there's no way to repair them. For use of items I've not check yet but I've seen them deplete it in dungeon but once out of dungeon it goes back to what it was before.

The items depleting and replenishing you're talking about is likely just the restock taking effect. I haven't played with other real people yet but I always assumed that when they die the bones appear where they fell for collecting.
---
"What's alchemy?"