Fighter abilities

#1Ruzz9Posted 8/8/2013 8:23:15 AM
The only useful ones seem to be the "mirror stab" type ability and the aerial attack lengthen.... anyone have input on what other ones would be useful for him? Going forward and playing in the highest difficulties too, since I assume a lot becomes useless. (not sure about his shockwave type attacks or even the guard abilities, never had issues with my guard being broken)
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#2redd530Posted 8/8/2013 8:32:54 AM
Useful skills are:

- Cyclone Masher
- Judgement
- Rebuke
- Tempest Edge
- Cover Arise (A must-have skill.)
- Reflex Guard
- Bash (I suggest putting only one point into this skill.)
- Distraction (If you're planning on making a Supportank Build. Otherwise, it's good for the Damage Buff.)
- Sacrifice (If you're planning on making a Supportank Build.)
- Shield Tactics (If you're planning on making a Pure Tank Build.)
#3Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 8:36:01 AM
It seems like a lot of the skills won't scale well later though. For the blocking abilities are they worthwhile? What would be the more "damage" oriented selection? The only useful ones I've found at the aerial ability and the mirror stab, though I do block a lot which is great my guard is never broken yet...
---
#4redd530Posted 8/8/2013 8:44:55 AM
Ruzz9 posted...
It seems like a lot of the skills won't scale well later though. For the blocking abilities are they worthwhile? What would be the more "damage" oriented selection? The only useful ones I've found at the aerial ability and the mirror stab, though I do block a lot which is great my guard is never broken yet...

-- Attack Skills

- Cyclone Masher MAX
This will be your bread and butter for aerial attacks.

- Judgement MAX
This is a great finisher to your aerial attacks. AoE is awesome at max level.

- Rebuke MAX
Your Power Smash will be helluva lot stronger with this. Seriously. The whole animation is an I-Frame.

- Tempest Edge MAX
This will be your bread and butter for ground attacks.

-- Defense Skills

- Cover Arise MAX
This buffs up your attack whenever you block successfuly, and give you the ability to block for others.

- Reflex Guard MAX
Cover Arise procs with this skill. Which means double damage every auto-block (50% chance at MAX).

- Bash Lv1
Causes stagger and can possibly stun, depending on level. Whole animation is an I-Frame too,

-- Supplemental Skills

- Distraction
Gives you +30% Damage but makes enemies love you.

- Sacrifice
Gives you a ton of defense but all Ally damage is mitigated to you.

- Shield Tactics
Makes your shield a lot tougher.
#5Doom_InfinitePosted 8/8/2013 8:52:54 AM(edited)
Cyclone Masher and Tempest with Cover Allies and Reflex Guard work best in an offensive Fighter.

For a defensive Fighter I guess the Guard up skill combines with Cover Allies and Reflex Guard and then either Sacrifice or Distraction.

You can also have a blend of both if you go up to inferno difficulty and start having enough skills for it I suppose.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#6BlackZakuPosted 8/8/2013 9:17:02 AM
Dunno much about fighter im a lv.25 fighter (not bragging) but still i get confuse whether to get this skill or not...but i wont learn the Distraction and Sacrifice skill...

and im sure about skill with auto block and the one that will shield you allies and they will get atk. increase, but i dont know for the bash? the counter skill and the one that blocks (or reflect?) missile attack coz im really not into blocking...honestly i play like a dwarf that keeps on charging,
hacking..using the cyclone master and the skill like cyclone master in land....

sorry not really good at remembering skill names....

but as i read the thread...im pretty sure im not going for tank build....
since the save file im using is for solo play only.....

but even in online and multi-play? maybe...no as well...to busy hacking enemies than holding the "square" button or used items..since i think Distraction and Sacrifice are skill items right?
#7ProjectENISPosted 8/8/2013 10:21:18 AM
Sacrifice with AI bots is not such a good idea lol, might lead to an exercise in frustration.

Distraction alone would take away all the heat from your allies in most boss fights, and with sacrifice, they won't even have to worry about collateral damage.

As for shield tactics, some enemy elites will easily break your guard (e.g. red lizard-man jump attack, most of the dark green orc attacks), but as i levelled the skill up, i can comfortably block those attacks now. Its also useful for multihit attacks.

As for bash, redd has a set of compelling arguments as to why you should leave it at 1.

I left rebuke at level 1, but that is personal preference.
#8Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 11:03:44 AM
Hmm, I'm interested in that 30% damage. I wonder what guard abilities I'm going to want for Inferno...

Also I don't know if power smashing is worth the weapon loss.
---
#9dzehn13Posted 8/8/2013 11:11:55 AM
Weapon loss is easy to regain. You just need to equip a second weapon in your inventory. So when you loss your weapon you just need to use the second weapon to equip it. The first weapon will automatically go to your inventory, if you want to equip it just use it again. But you need to wait for the cool down time after using an item though.
---
#10SieKensouPosted 8/8/2013 11:12:48 AM
but remember.... The True Fist.....
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462