So Brutal Drive might be worth leveling...

#1Offdeznutz00Posted 8/8/2013 1:18:05 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been discovered, but, if you can afford a slot for a second weapon you can Brutal Drive then swap weapons on your shortcut/hotbar and instantly equip it. This also works if your weapon gets knocked out your hand. Right now i have a weapon with +30% Drive damage that I open on bosses with.

The only problem is the item cooldown preventing you from spamming it, but i personally think thats a good thing so it can't be abused.
#2GraverobberJPosted 8/8/2013 1:19:59 PM
My problem with brutal drive is that it's normally not worth using it, even with the shockwave effect leveled when a brandish combo will put you in berserk while doing more damage and providing invulnerability.
#3Offdeznutz00(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 1:25:47 PM
I agree, I'm level 54 soloing my way through and haven't used Brutal Drive on purpose more than... like 3 times.. but i stumbled across this when my weapon flew off the elevator on mages tower. Just another option for burst without losing your weapon i guess. At any rate, its still more useful than going emptyhanded for 10 seconds when you get disarmed.
#4Gen2000Posted 8/8/2013 1:36:57 PM
How big is the AoE of high level Brutal Drive?

It may have the same problem Stun Wave in that it takes a lot of points to see good results from, meaning sacrifice of more better prioritized skills that gives more early on in comparison.

I saw a high level Stun Wave Amazon user and it was basically a full screen projectile, kind of cool especially considering you can rapid fire it with evade canceling. If Brutal Drive at high level is a basically a full screen nuke it may not be too bad in the end.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#5rkenshin13Posted 8/8/2013 1:39:47 PM
Amazon can do some serious damage at Berserk level 3 with her kicks. I am maxing Brutal drive, if it's like the Dwarf's skill, it will do some serious damage at higher levels.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#6Gen2000Posted 8/8/2013 4:29:59 PM
8 points deep into this skill because I'm gonna be doing LoC soon for reset ticket anyways and I was curious at the evolution of this thing personally. I dunno, I'm not really feeling it and doubt much will change at lv.10 with it.

The shockwave effect has extremely pitiful range even at that high of a level it seems so the idea of a screen nuke is down the toliet on that.

The main bulk of damage comes from being up close and actually connecting with the weapon on the enemy on top of the shockwave anyways. The fact that Brandish puts you up close but makes invincible the whole time while you spin2win for around the same, if not more damage, (because of the way Brandish does damage per swing) for less points invested is making Brutal Drive a hard sell here.

I give the skill overall a thumbs down unless someone can sell me on it better.

My Brandish is only lv.4/5 vs. Brutal Drive's lv.8/10 when testing this out.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#7GallieGallyPosted 8/8/2013 4:42:57 PM
Maxed Brutal Drive for one-shotting pesky normal monsters ( black goblins, blue skeletons, etc ) Definitely worth it for me.
#8Offdeznutz00(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 1:21:55 AM
GallieGally posted...
Maxed Brutal Drive for one-shotting pesky normal monsters ( black goblins, blue skeletons, etc ) Definitely worth it for me.

After doing some more testing with it, i think you nailed it. its a great crowd control tool, and I'm afraid that's it. Even Driving then switching weapons immediately I lose dps because i could be building berserk stacks during that time. I think I'm going to pass on it still.

Also about doing serious damage with kicks at max berserk: maybe its just me, but, i feel a lot less mobile and more vulnerable without my weapon, I try to avoid using hand to hand at all costs lol
#9gorgeousgamerPosted 8/9/2013 1:32:59 AM
Offdeznutz00 posted...
GallieGally posted...

After doing some more testing with it, i think you nailed it. its a great crowd control tool, and I'm afraid that's it. Even Driving then switching weapons immediately I lose dps because i could be building berserk stacks during that time. I think I'm going to pass on it still.

Also about doing serious damage with kicks at max berserk: maybe its just me, but, i feel a lot less mobile and more vulnerable without my weapon, I try to avoid using hand to hand at all costs lol

I've maxed it and tested it when I hit 99, it can be a crowd clearer w/ some heavy damage. But it pales in comparison to keeping your axe and building beserk as stated above. And in the later levels of the Chaos Lab, if you attempt kicking your way through anything, people will be wanting to kick you right off their team =)...(you'll be dead in a heartbeat is what I'm trying to say). To each their own, but if your focused on highest dps, I'd avoid wasting the points and using it other than for style points finishing a boss or something along those lines.
---
PSN: hawk_eye99 IGN: RoadBlock
#10GwizAlchPosted 8/10/2013 6:12:15 PM
Berserk Mode + War Paint + Direct Hit of Brutal Drive + Weapon Switch/Weapon with 50%+ Damage/Ignore Defense = GG.

Follows up straight after a Dash Attack +Evade Cancel smoothly for regular monsters.

Wealth to Health with a 50%+ Coin Dropping weapon/Extra HP Absorbing Amulet is absurd also.
That's a godsend while soloing and is nearly identical to having Leech on your weapon.

Cleared Infernal mode without any problems and also managed to solo the final dragon in 5 minutes with only a level 55-65 Amazon.

Despite that, I wouldn't blame anyone for opting out of getting Brutal Drive.
Its efficiency is completely dependent on playstyle.
---
Corrupting the human mind... one session at a time.