Counch co op - Friend( player 2 ) can't access hard mode

#11MightyBaconXPosted 8/10/2013 1:20:02 PM
Yup, the progress only save to the 1 player slot so you would have to play through the game twice so your friends can progress.

This is either good or bad depending on how much you love to play the game. I'm playing with my brother right now and we did the story up to the part where they gave me the extra bag. I redid the story with my brother to get him the bag and it only took around 1 hour for him to catch up to me because you can just skip all the talking and sidemissions.

We had a lot of fun doing playing the game so it didn't really matter. I can see it being repetitious to others though.
#12XSilverPhoenixXPosted 8/10/2013 1:42:14 PM
They aren't going to think of these things without the community blasting their ears so they make an effort to change stupid mistakes.
#13thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 2:10:24 PM
MightyBaconX posted...
Yup, the progress only save to the 1 player slot so you would have to play through the game twice so your friends can progress.

This is either good or bad depending on how much you love to play the game. I'm playing with my brother right now and we did the story up to the part where they gave me the extra bag. I redid the story with my brother to get him the bag and it only took around 1 hour for him to catch up to me because you can just skip all the talking and sidemissions.

We had a lot of fun doing playing the game so it didn't really matter. I can see it being repetitious to others though.

No, this is just a bad thing. There is no situation in which this implementation is better than sharing progress.
#14GatzbyIGNPosted 8/10/2013 2:21:36 PM
Its true, and absolutely horrible.

I loved quests giving skill points, until I beat the game and decided to try a fighter. To make him half way decent I get to do all of the quests over again.

Plus run through the entire story, some things should just have been save slot unlocked.
#15rkenshin13Posted 8/10/2013 2:24:04 PM
I don't see the problem. Both characters will already be high level, you'll blast through no problem. just don't worry about using the Runes on the walls, only open the chests in your way, and skip all the story bits. If you turn Subtitles Off then you can skip the dialog faster.

You will also be able to skip the tutorial, just select no when it asks you. It only took me 6 hours to beat the final boss. Since you'll already be so high in levels, it will go quicker just because of that. You'll save even more time if you only fight the enemies required to progress.

Also, XP is retroactive, so you won't have to worry about wasted XP. You should also be able to do side quests as you go.
---
GT:RPGamer13
PSN: RPGamer13
#16thebestestbest(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 2:33:30 PM(edited)
rkenshin13 posted...
I don't see the problem. Both characters will already be high level, you'll blast through no problem. just don't worry about using the Runes on the walls, only open the chests in your way, and skip all the story bits. If you turn Subtitles Off then you can skip the dialog faster.

You will also be able to skip the tutorial, just select no when it asks you. It only took me 6 hours to beat the final boss. Since you'll already be so high in levels, it will go quicker just because of that. You'll save even more time if you only fight the enemies required to progress.

Also, XP is retroactive, so you won't have to worry about wasted XP. You should also be able to do side quests as you go.

I can't believe you would even say this.

"I don't see what the problem is that you have play through the game a second time for no reason with no new challenge, no new gear, and no new plot."

You don't need to defend this game. This is objectively awful design. As in, it is just factually incorrect implementation.

What if there was 4 players playing together? You'd have to play through the game FOUR BLOODY TIMES.

It's such bad design that I'm probably going to just stop playing. I don't want to play through hard mode twice.
#17Blueandwhite87Posted 8/10/2013 3:49:31 PM
Wow this sounds horrible I was going to buy this later today but now local co-op is ruined...
#18eco masterPosted 8/10/2013 3:59:47 PM
Blueandwhite87 posted...
Wow this sounds horrible I was going to buy this later today but now local co-op is ruined...

Ruined? I mean, if you only planned on playing one character, then not playing through the same content is to be expected.

It's very silly that only first player gets story progress, but it's not ruined, I'd say. At the end of the day, if you plan to play more than one character, re-doing content is only to be expected.

Plus, having just ran into this issue myself, it barely took an hour to go from the first to last single player dungeon. The loot you get is up to date as well, so bring your friend, swap player designations, and get more loot and levels, just as you would any dungeon run.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#19Blueandwhite87Posted 8/10/2013 4:28:30 PM
i see what your saying but still isnt right, have they talked about patching this game?
#20eco masterPosted 8/10/2013 8:15:51 PM
Blueandwhite87 posted...
i see what your saying but still isnt right, have they talked about patching this game?

I definitely feel you on that - it was a hurdle my friend and I were not expecting to have to cross, and it only takes up more time for each additional player you've got with you. In the end, though, it didn't ruin much of anything for me. It just got in the way and smelled kind of bad, so to speak.

As far as patches go, I heard from someone else that the Japanese version of the game received a patch, I want to say two weeks after the game was released. Unfortunately, I don't recall anything being changed about local co-op.

It'd be something to pass on to any sort of official Vanillaware forums, if those are a thing.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain