Nudity in the game.

#1PrinceOfHotPosted 8/26/2013 1:35:04 PM
Why did Vanillaware use suggestive images but not include actual tasteful/exploitative nudity in the game?
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
#2Zanmato555Posted 8/26/2013 1:36:15 PM
ESRB

/endtopic
---
ACNL Name Booze, Town: Hokuten
FC: 4983 5084 9121
#3PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 1:45:24 PM
Zanmato555 posted...
ESRB

/endtopic

ESRB can't block it, it would get a nice A/O rating. We need to have a standard that adults only games are ok, but not ok for kids.
---
---
#4SH_expert44Posted 8/26/2013 1:58:42 PM
I dont know man. Nudity is pretty hardcore. I can kill wave after wave of enemies and cover the area in blood and gore for hours but 1 boob and im out. I dont want to be scarred for life you know?
---
g.bf3stats.com/ps3/TxO-WK/REexpert44.png i.imgur.com/iwMm8.gif i.imgur.com/0AZiUHi.gif
i.imgur.com/JL1QA6P.gif
#5ultraroboninjaPosted 8/26/2013 2:13:12 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
Zanmato555 posted...
ESRB

/endtopic

ESRB can't block it, it would get a nice A/O rating. We need to have a standard that adults only games are ok, but not ok for kids.

It'd be a huge risk.
No game company wants to take a gamble to be the first one to make a GOOD A/O game. That rating is still considered taboo and is likely an early death sentence for games.
---
If you spent as much energy talking about the stuff you LIKE instead of all the stuff you HATE, you'd probably end up hating way less stuff.
#6PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 2:21:34 PM
SH_expert44 posted...
I dont know man. Nudity is pretty hardcore. I can kill wave after wave of enemies and cover the area in blood and gore for hours but 1 boob and im out. I dont want to be scarred for life you know?

yea but most of the times the boobs are covered in blood so you couldn't really see anyways, it would only be dirty when you are clean.
---
---
#7gfrequencyPosted 8/26/2013 2:25:00 PM
I'd say mostly because the most iconic images by the artists that influenced the game -- Frazetta, Bisley, etc. -- are just shy of nude.
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#8otakon2006Posted 8/26/2013 2:51:59 PM
Wait, that is a good point TC. God of War had TONS of nudity and even sex(or at least heavily suggested sex) in all the console games. And yet people are getting on Dragon's Crown for the Sorceress and Amazon? Where were these buggers when Kratos laid Aphrodite low(on the bed) with her two clearly lesbian handmaidens watching, commenting and eager to join in on the fun? It was a whole damn sequence which you could REPEAT as much as you want. At worst, there are suggestive poses in this and all the skin BUT the stuff that matters.
#9MaruKazeryuPosted 8/26/2013 2:57:18 PM
Blood, violence, crime, war? M rating at worst. One nip slip? Instant A/O

America, **** yeah
#10TifanityPosted 8/26/2013 3:04:31 PM
If there was nudity, then all online parties will just be amazon and sorceress and it would be too distracting to even progress through the game...

If they make the guys nude, it's even more distracting xD
---
"Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally" -Tifa Lockhart