Some Questions About 1.02 Patch

#1tehdarkprincePosted 9/6/2013 3:34:25 AM
A couple queries about the recent patch:

1.Can I disable the gigantic, neon, lightswitch-rave-party arrows that are at the bottom of the screen? I play in parties that rarely exceed 3, and I don't have a problem tracking my position as it is. Frankly, I think the size of these suckers are invasive and detrimental to all the work Kamitani and Friends put into the visuals. I can appreciate others liking it, but I play with bars off as it is, and would prefer to leave the arrows off as well.

2. Does overcharge affect duration of spells, or just radius/damage? Are there spells that aren't affected by overcharge?

3. I've noticed that when overcharging, the blue aura appears 3 times. Does overcharge have levels or ranks to it, akin to stacks of Berserk? If there are stacks, does each stack successively increase the damage boost, duration of overcharge, or both?

4. Are the effects of consumables, such as rings and scrolls, influenced by overcharge?
#2alt_realityPosted 9/6/2013 4:07:50 AM
Does your asking about all of this mean that the patch is available now?
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#3JimDandDPosted 9/6/2013 4:19:53 AM
Was that lightswitch rave line a Strong Bad reference? Well done.
#4ZaigouPosted 9/6/2013 5:20:49 AM
1. Not that I heard of. If you could I'm sure LL and others would have mentioned it by now.

2. Seems to be just AOE and damage for the Wizard's spells. There are some, like Slow, that are not affected at all. I noticed no change in duration from the videos available.

3. The way I understood it, each "boost" is an indicator for each increment of how much past your max MP you overcharged. I might be wrong on that.

4. That's actually a good question. Are rings/scrolls influenced by your INT stat or something else altogether? If it is the latter, try seeing if your damage is upped with a Strong Drought potion. If it does work, I imagine that overcharge would do the same.
---
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~
#5alt_realityPosted 9/6/2013 5:24:57 AM
Zaigou posted...
1. Not that I heard of. If you could I'm sure LL and others would have mentioned it by now.

2. Seems to be just AOE and damage for the Wizard's spells. There are some, like Slow, that are not affected at all. I noticed no change in duration from the videos available.

3. The way I understood it, each "boost" is an indicator for each increment of how much past your max MP you overcharged. I might be wrong on that.

4. That's actually a good question. Are rings/scrolls influenced by your INT stat or something else altogether? If it is the latter, try seeing if your damage is upped with a Strong Drought potion. If it does work, I imagine that overcharge would do the same.

I am fairly confident that rings/scrolls are INT-based, otherwise there would be no purpose to the INT stat for melee classes (unless of course INT is also magic defense...)
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#6themasterllworkPosted 9/6/2013 10:00:54 AM
tehdarkprince posted...

1.Can I disable the gigantic, neon, lightswitch-rave-party arrows that are at the bottom of the screen? I play in parties that rarely exceed 3, and I don't have a problem tracking my position as it is. Frankly, I think the size of these suckers are invasive and detrimental to all the work Kamitani and Friends put into the visuals. I can appreciate others liking it, but I play with bars off as it is, and would prefer to leave the arrows off as well.

2. Does overcharge affect duration of spells, or just radius/damage? Are there spells that aren't affected by overcharge?

3. I've noticed that when overcharging, the blue aura appears 3 times. Does overcharge have levels or ranks to it, akin to stacks of Berserk? If there are stacks, does each stack successively increase the damage boost, duration of overcharge, or both?

4. Are the effects of consumables, such as rings and scrolls, influenced by overcharge?

01) Didn't see an option. It isn't too bad honestly, I barely noticed it while doing a few chains unless it is at a small room screen where staying at the bottom of the screen covers half of my char with my arrow lol.

02) Only Damage and "size" of offensive spells. Defensive spells like Slow aren't affects.

03) Now, it just notifies that you are close to becoming Overcharged. Once you are in OC, you are glowing pale blue. Before then, having "Berserk" flashes doesn't really do anything to you.

04) Offensive spells yes it does affect INT.

Healing and Revive item/scrolls should have no factor in INT since it is set healing, only difference is that it has less usage AND affects your whole party (unlike the Healing Potion version).
---
[ http://www.youtube.com/masterll | http://twitch.tv/themasterll ]
(MasterLL @ work ~ Swyping on Galaxy S2)
#7tehdarkprince(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 1:57:15 PM
themasterllwork posted...
tehdarkprince posted...

01) Didn't see an option. It isn't too bad honestly, I barely noticed it while doing a few chains unless it is at a small room screen where staying at the bottom of the screen covers half of my char with my arrow lol.

02) Only Damage and "size" of offensive spells. Defensive spells like Slow aren't affects.

03) Now, it just notifies that you are close to becoming Overcharged. Once you are in OC, you are glowing pale blue. Before then, having "Berserk" flashes doesn't really do anything to you.

04) Offensive spells yes it does affect INT.

Healing and Revive item/scrolls should have no factor in INT since it is set healing, only difference is that it has less usage AND affects your whole party (unlike the Healing Potion version).

Thanks. What you mentioned about the arrow potentially covering your character makes it sound even more intrusive to me. It could be the case that I can ignore them, but while I was watching LL's tests, I had this habit of ignoring what the sprites were doing and staring at the arrows for seconds at a time. The more amazons or elves you have in a party, the arrows will effectively turn into flitting triforce glowsticks. One can only imagine that this is what Link sees, after overdosing on potions-- I find them distracting and ugly.

If you are trying to isolate yourself from the crowd, the jumping arrow is good enough. Knowing where your allies are is pointless, especially given how very few fighters play as tanks.
#8MasterLLPosted 9/6/2013 2:26:04 PM
lol, overdosing and triforce glowsticks, nice.

Yea, it is a shame you can't disable it (unless I missed it somewhere)
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, Tales of Xillia | Want: Sen no Kiseki, Light Return
http://www.youtube.com/MasterLL
#9ZaigouPosted 9/6/2013 2:28:53 PM
MasterLL posted...
lol, overdosing and triforce glowsticks, nice.

Yea, it is a shame you can't disable it (unless I missed it somewhere)

Based on videos I saw, it seems to only disappear when you are flying solo. Unless it is in the game's Options menu or the Network one...
---
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~
#10tehdarkprince(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 4:39:23 PM
Do you ever play with bars disabled? Could you see if disabling bars disables the arrows?