Best/fastest way to level alts

#1bobholediabloPosted 9/11/2013 6:55:16 PM
I am one of those guys that wants to try all classes. Grinding on lower chars isn't has fun after you tasted the higher level stuff.

I have done the search but it mainly seems people are talking about leveling online friends.

What is a good way to catch up my alts to my main character?

So far I have been doing the trailblazer blessing and switching to the alts.

I also did 2P player controller and letting them die and collecting the reward at the end.
This was kind of worked, but it looks like the alt characters seem increase at 10% exp instead of the infernal's 200%
#2cmdrdreddPosted 9/11/2013 7:24:36 PM
You only get 10% bonus on normal, Hard is 50% I believe, Infernal as you know is 200%. Basically the best way is to use your high level character to clear everything.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#3ZamussPosted 9/11/2013 7:40:11 PM
cmdrdredd posted...
You only get 10% bonus on normal, Hard is 50% I believe, Infernal as you know is 200%. Basically the best way is to use your high level character to clear everything.

This, get the infernal mode blessing, play on the lower character difficulty, get the skill that adds score for coins picked up, get an amulet that turns x% of the coins into score, get a weapon that produces coins on hit, and clear everything with your higher character while the other ones just tags along, pick up score items dsb rune words and do chain runs.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
PSN: xZamusx
#4bobholediablo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 7:55:25 PM
So basically your saying using the higher level character to rush/beat the stages and get the character into infernal?

Let me make it more clear what I was saying before since i re-read it and there is some confusion.
1P an infernal character, 2P low level normal character playing a stage in infernal.

Also does anyone know if if keep reviving 2P if they get more exp at the end of the stage? Or its same when they finish the stage.
#5WickedBRPosted 9/11/2013 10:41:45 PM
If 1P is on Infernal and 2P not, 2P will still get only exp 10% of Score.

I think they get a bonus if they finish the stage alive but it's not worth it, better leave then dead.

The best way is get the alt character to infernal using your main to pass through the stages on normal/hard and even in Infernal if you don't take any loot until the alt is lv 99.
---
PSN: WickedBR
Playing: Dragon's Crown, Tales of Xillia
#6alt_realityPosted 9/12/2013 1:19:06 AM
The levels still add up pretty quickly and Normal and Hard mode go veeeery fast when you're playing with a level 99 character. Have your Player 1 be your 99 since you can buy the 1.5x score multiplier at the Temple and then rush through all of the talismans. I haven't tried it but I THINK if your other character dies against the Ancient Dragon but someone else on your console (your 99) survives, you still get credit; if not, there is generally a kind soul on this board that will carry you since AD takes 2-4 minutes and yields two free S rank treasures.

My Amazon ended up at about level 80 after dragging her along once through each difficulty.
---
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III
#7nixeravenPosted 9/12/2013 2:10:16 AM
Definitely just use extra controllers for the characters you want to build up and just carry them with your strongest character. Doesn't matter whether they die completely, even against the Ancient Dragon. They'll get credit anyway. The only reason to keep them alive is for accomplishing quests. And make sure to use the trailblazer prayer every time you go out.

Just a while ago, with one pass through all the B routes + prayer, was able to bump an alt from level 52 to level 74.
#8ramza823Posted 9/12/2013 10:33:51 AM
Do you have to keep the low level alive? Revive costs can get expensive... Or can you leave them dead and chain levels? Will they get xp on all the chained levels, or just the one they were alive in? I haven't tried this yet and I'm at work, sorry for all the questions.
#9WickedBRPosted 9/12/2013 10:52:38 AM
ramza823 posted...
Do you have to keep the low level alive? Revive costs can get expensive... Or can you leave them dead and chain levels? Will they get xp on all the chained levels, or just the one they were alive in? I haven't tried this yet and I'm at work, sorry for all the questions.

I and the guy above answered that. You can leave them dead in chain runs no problem but. if you're doing quest with them, they have to be alive for the quest to update.
---
PSN: WickedBR
Playing: Dragon's Crown, Tales of Xillia
#10AtylPosted 9/13/2013 10:10:32 AM
Like everyone said above, the best way to do it is rush with your 99 character. It's even more efficient if you do it with 3 alts.
Just save the quests until you feel like sitting down and doing all of them for 4 characters except the solo ones. It takes around 3-4 hours if you do them in normal.