There is one thing we must take great care to remember-

#1TNintendominatePosted 6/8/2011 12:45:05 PM
The longer this game takes to come out, the better it will be. :)
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#2Boo DestroyerPosted 6/8/2011 12:51:49 PM
Not to mention, that screen-controller for the Wii U is going to do it a lot better than the crappy Wii Remote + Nunchuk ever will.
#3WaterDumplePosted 6/8/2011 12:59:02 PM
I rather expect the controller screen will make it a lot easier to manage Pikmin. Hopefully there's a much greater depth of strategy and complexity to organizing Pikmin, such as drawing paths for them to take, drawing battle maneuvers and more complex attacks, and the likes.

Just based on the idea of the controller, this system could be a huge help for the game. Miyamoto certainly thinks so, and after the positive reviews from everyone who's tried the Wii U's controller, the delay could benefit the game's quality greatly.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#4TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 1:04:59 PM
^This. No matter how long it takes for them to make this (okay, I will eventually get pissed), I will stay patient. The WiiU is a perfect developmental choice for thsi game- controls, graphics, etc. Even if it comes out on Wii before WiiU, I'll just sell my Wii (after transitting the data on an SD card) and wait for a WiiU game to come out.
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#5boydude77Posted 6/8/2011 1:16:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 1:28:55 PM
Atleast one new color, leaving all the previous ones alone wouldn't give very many new elements to the game. And, why thank you, I never thought I'd have a fan. :)
---
#7boydude77Posted 6/8/2011 1:56:54 PM
That would probably be my main reason for getting it.
---
Son, I brought you into this world, and I can take you out just as easily, now clean up your room.
#8Boo DestroyerPosted 6/8/2011 1:56:59 PM
To be frank, I still like the main three colors of Pikmin the best.

If there are gonna be any new ones, they're going to be very annoyingly hard to find and produce more of, just like the white and purple ones. Not only do I hate those two for having such dull, non-vibrant colors, but aside from being so hard to find, they weren't worth very much later after their intended uses. Even in Pikmin 2, most of the action was still had on the main three.

I guess I'll take anything next time, but the main three are still going to fare more than the new colors ever will.
#9losst4everPosted 6/8/2011 1:59:54 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
To be frank, I still like the main three colors of Pikmin the best.

If there are gonna be any new ones, they're going to be very annoyingly hard to find and produce more of, just like the white and purple ones. Not only do I hate those two for having such dull, non-vibrant colors, but aside from being so hard to find, they weren't worth very much later after their intended uses. Even in Pikmin 2, most of the action was still had on the main three.

I guess I'll take anything next time, but the main three are still going to fare more than the new colors ever will.

I liked White and Purple, the Purple ones should been a little brighter though. Your forgetting the gas hazards and digging that you needed the white. They weren't that useless, and were very helpful in cleaning up bodies near sunset with how fast they carried. Purple were a bit broken with how they stunned everything. >.>
#10WaterDumplePosted 6/8/2011 2:02:59 PM
Yes, my main issue with Pikmin 2 was how Purples completely eclipsed everything else. I forget precisely how many enemies actually require other Pikmin to kill, but the number is extremely small. Purples are completely broken once you realize what they can do and how easy it is to exploit the stun/landing damage--It even works on Fiery Bulblaxes.

Of course, the game is still quite brilliant, but once you spend time with it and just try to do what works best, it pretty much always boils down to Purples.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.