There is one thing we must take great care to remember-

#21theabominationPosted 6/19/2011 10:25:51 AM
The longer it takes, the better it will be. Just like Duke Nukem Forever.
---
'You want more play time, put it in the system and play it again.' -Canine Philosopher
#22WaterDumplePosted 6/19/2011 12:21:18 PM
theabomination posted...
The longer it takes, the better it will be. Just like Duke Nukem Forever.

Pikmin 3 has already been in development longer than Duke Nukem Forever proper, because that was something along the lines of two years since Gearbox picked it up.

There was clearly no development on it during the gap, it was just never formally canceled.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#23TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 12:38:42 PM
Also, I heard that Duke Nukem Forever wasn't all that great. Sure, the humor is top-notch, but it's defidently no A-Lister or even B-Lister title.
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#24WaterDumplePosted 6/19/2011 1:08:40 PM(edited)
TNintendominate posted...
Also, I heard that Duke Nukem Forever wasn't all that great. Sure, the humor is top-notch, but it's defidently no A-Lister or even B-Lister title.

Its average is 56 on Metacritic (several 3/10s). Get a sarcasm detector.

Also, its humor is more "lowest common denominator" than "top-notch". In fact, even those who could normally laugh at it thought it was terrible; that sort of thing simply can't be reused in its exact state after over a decade.

Edit: Damn, it's even worse on Gamerankings.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/448848-duke-nukem-forever/index.html
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#25TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 1:30:44 PM
I meant that as in you could just laugh at it a lot. Also, I apologize, sarcasm is difficult to detect through text, it's eaisier when you hear how someone says it.
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#26TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 1:36:16 PM
For example- he boosts his maximum ego (health) by staring at himself in a mirror. I just find that funny how much he thinks of himself.
---