I am looking forward to online play (I hope it will have it)

#1KirbyWithAGunPosted 6/15/2011 6:41:58 PM
You have no clue how much fun I had with my friends playing Pikmin 2. It was awesome.
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#2TNintendominatePosted 6/15/2011 6:46:22 PM
Pikmin 2's multiplayer was jawsome. Online would be even better. As long as the lag isn't too bad... then we'd be screwed.
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#3AdokadPosted 6/15/2011 6:48:36 PM
I can picture the lag now...you throw a pikmin, it lag spikes. When it clears up, you see a ghost flying up, and now the dwarf bulborb is eating your other pikmin. Good times...
Seriously though, that would be awesome if it could be online. I'm hoping it will be.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, Radiata Stories, Persona 3: FES, and Pikmin 2.
#4WaterDumplePosted 6/16/2011 12:26:24 AM
TEAM DEATHMATCH.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#5CantidoPosted 6/16/2011 10:44:46 AM
Coommandingl with the Wii U pad would be amazing for this and an Action RTS like Brutal Legend.
---
Two Pyramid Heads walk into a bar.
There were no survivors.
#6CrazyhaxPosted 6/16/2011 10:55:11 AM
Not really sure I care for multiplayer at all for a Pikmin game, unless they add more multiplayer-friendly elements in this new one.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#7KirbyWithAGun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 4:42:29 PM
I would like to see a Co-op option too though. Imagine having two giant pikmin armies (4?) and trying to co-operate together to share the pikmin and attack other enemies and gather items, harvest, etc.

If you played Red Alert 3, then you kinda know what I am talking about. Sharing the pikmin with no restrictions (perhaps make it so if pikmin is following a player, they cant be called by wistle be all that is needed) would be awesome. One player could be a distraction, two others be getting cruical game items (ship parts or treasure.. whatever it is) and another could be harvesting. It be neat! :D

Ofcourse, knowing nintendo... that wont happen :(
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#8WaterDumplePosted 6/16/2011 5:30:19 PM(edited)
Yeah, Red Alert 3 did the co-op really well for the campaign. Can't think of any other RTS that did that and made it a fully functioning feature, usually it's just a function of a couple maps that give you an AI companion (which usually sucks).

Pikmin is built very well around co-op, as the challenge mode showed. I think it could work just fine for the campaign too.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#9SSBfighterPosted 6/26/2011 12:59:53 AM
This would be Awesome! I loved Pikmin 2's Multiplayer.

Ideas for Online:
Versus- (Up to 4 players or more I really dont care)
Free-for-all or Team Match (like Pikmin 2)
Treasure Collecting- You work with teamates to collect as many treasures as you can.
Cave Escape- Works just like Pikmin 2, find the key!
Pikmin Garden- Reach a Certain Number of Pikmin within a time limit.
Deathmatch- Destroy the other people's pikmin

Wii Speak should be compatible.
Sorry if these ideas arent that great, but at least I tried.
---
THE VideoGame Expert.
SSBB: 5241-4932-4273(smash)
#10Yellowstone2012Posted 6/28/2011 8:17:51 PM
SSBfighter posted...
This would be Awesome! I loved Pikmin 2's Multiplayer.

Ideas for Online:
Versus- (Up to 4 players or more I really dont care)
Free-for-all or Team Match (like Pikmin 2)
Treasure Collecting- You work with teamates to collect as many treasures as you can.
Cave Escape- Works just like Pikmin 2, find the key!
Pikmin Garden- Reach a Certain Number of Pikmin within a time limit.
Deathmatch- Destroy the other people's pikmin

Wii Speak should be compatible.
Sorry if these ideas arent that great, but at least I tried.

Eeewww!!! Get it off me! Its a Wii Speak!

The WiiPad has a Cam and Mic, so Nintendo would just use that, for friend matches of course.....

I like the ideas; Should be named like:

Versus
Capture The Marble
Challenge Mode (contains Treasure Grab and Pikmin Garden.)*
Cave Escape
Death Match
---
The Oil Age:
1859 AD - 2059 AD. 48 Years Left of Oil.