Explore at night? Black ninja pikmin?

#21tugzPosted 6/18/2011 5:02:52 PM
First off I'm black and I take no offence to the idea. I think people read way too much into things.

ON TOPIC: While I love the idea of being out at night I think the pikmin should be silver that allow you to see at night. They're illuminated by the moonlight and act as little flashlights.
---
"Dear Diet Coke, I feel like you're overreacting."- Mentos
#22Meatrod05Posted 6/20/2011 11:08:51 AM
tugz posted...
First off I'm black and I take no offence to the idea. I think people read way too much into things.

ON TOPIC: While I love the idea of being out at night I think the pikmin should be silver that allow you to see at night. They're illuminated by the moonlight and act as little flashlights.

What about both types? Silver ones that light up the night, but are also easily seen by enemies. The black ones could be hard for enemies to see at night, but it would also be hard for the player to see. Plus, at night, more enemies would be roaming around, but the ones that are awake during the day would be asleep at night. There could even be a third type of night pikmin to really make a change to the gameplay instead of making the whole night exploration seem like an afterthought.
---
THE NUMBER YOU HAVE DIALED IS CURRENTLY OUT OF PORK CHOPS.
Paper Mario and the 1337 Year Window: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/577997-pac-man
#23AdokadPosted 6/20/2011 11:15:47 AM
Not to mention, if this applied, then it would at least double the length/playtime of the game.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, Radiata Stories, Persona 3: FES, and Pikmin 2.
#24DeathSnipe777Posted 6/20/2011 11:45:40 AM

This is sooo racist. It's not even funny.

You're racist for thinking that it's racist, tbh.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
#25TwilightAeon13Posted 6/20/2011 11:46:17 AM
People do read too much into these ideas, especially when they involve that color of Pikmin. Really, to read into the smallest thing and find offense in it? Pointless.

The silver and black ones as they're stated would be interesting. I can just imagine right now looking for that last couple black ones with them hard to see. Although, I would assume you'd have a few silver ones with you to help see at the same time.
---
Currently playing: FFX, LOOSG.
Rage ensues at Mushroom Rock.
#26tugzPosted 6/20/2011 12:35:02 PM
The silver ones could act as a distraction while you send the black ones in to sneak the treasure away.

We need to just make our own pikmin game. So tired of waiting for a new one. Pikmin was top 5 GC game for me.
---
#27losst4everPosted 6/20/2011 3:51:03 PM
Black, Silver, and Pink maybe?

Though I guess Black, Brown, and Silver would fit a neutral theme.

Neutral colors are just not as nice as the others to me. Which is why I wasn't that excited about white pikmin, but I did end up loving their speed. xD
#28ArtOfWarfare(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 9:12:09 AM
spriing_loaded posted...
The whole ninja/stealth aspect could be really awesome. Like, for certain missions that must be completed at night, Olimar dresses in a ninja suit and the black Pikmin all follow, doing that silent ninja run with their one arm out behind them. They could be weaker than the other Pikmin, which would require strategic maneuvering around enemies, but they would have a powerful stealth attack that would finish enemies quickly.

Question: How could black pikmin have a more powerful attack yet be weaker? You can't possibly be referring to their health, as they all die instantly.

tugz posted...
While I love the idea of being out at night I think the pikmin should be silver that allow you to see at night. They're illuminated by the moonlight and act as little flashlights.

What if the white pikmin and black pikmin were one in the sam?. During the day they're all white and are able to find items underground, as they could in Pikmin 2. During the night, and maybe in dark parts of caves, they act as flashlights to help you see. But they also will act as magnets for any enemies in the area, like a light bulb is for moths. Somehow, using the Wii U touch screen, you can command your white pikmin to turn off, and appear black. They don't act as flashlights, but they can go unnoticed by enemies at night as I described in my original post.

In addition to being useful for surprise attacks at night, they can also be used to sneak things back to the onions and rocket without enemies noticing them. Idea perfected?
#29tugzPosted 6/21/2011 11:34:44 AM
ArtOfWarfare posted...
Idea perfected?

I'd say so yes. Perfect way to integrate the new controller!
---
#30Sparx401Posted 6/21/2011 5:03:30 PM
http://myfacewhen.com/14/

Keep it classy everyone.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/