Storyline? Economic Conditions on Hocotate?

#11alucard4444Posted 6/26/2011 8:29:51 AM
Maybe his son could be the only playable character. Like if he stows away on Olimar's ship, but then somehow gets lost far away from the usual landing site, then he needs to use the pikmin to find his way back to Olimar to get off the planet.

That would bring back the atmosphere of Pikmin 1 without being a total copy.
---
for your health
#12KFCofDOOMPosted 6/26/2011 8:57:03 AM
alucard4444 posted...
Maybe his son could be the only playable character. Like if he stows away on Olimar's ship, but then somehow gets lost far away from the usual landing site, then he needs to use the pikmin to find his way back to Olimar to get off the planet.

That would bring back the atmosphere of Pikmin 1 without being a total copy.

Well, maybe, but... The whole TIMER thing shouldn't be as short as Pikmin 1. A part a day (at least) was a bit of a rush...

Give it at least five more days than the parts (if he is part hunting) or just more than needed. If it takes a long time, that is.
---
"Brick. You might want to go into hiding for a while. Because you might be wanted for murder..." -Anchorman
#13ninto55Posted 6/26/2011 4:42:11 PM
In Pikmin 1 there were plenty of parts you could collect in one day, my first time I completed the game I finished in 26 days, I think. My first time I didn't really know how to play so that dosen't count, lol. Unless you want this game to be so easy 3 year olds can play, and 3 year olds should be playing something else.

I don't know what else they could be doing besides treasures or shipparts. I don't understand the map pieces thing (I'm gonna guess that is a joke of Dominate's?) I wouldn't mind just having to get more money, I don't care it is more Pikmin, lol. My plot idea has been that Louie gets locked up for eating the golden pikpik carrots (IDk how they foudn out, whatever) and for whatever reason it is up to Olimar to get him out. This would be a longer distance between Pikmin 2 then Pikmin 2 and 1 were, I mean They probably didn't end/start on the same day since the Pikmin planet is probably a few days Probably more like weeks/months since it is unexplored, but then Olimar's oxygen probably would have ran out unless he stopped at a oxygen station along the way, lol. So Olimar will have seen his family and this time Olimar's Son comes along as the second captain. They'd collect ship parts to bail Louie.

I came up with a way for night time mode, being based around ont he first day Olimar has a crash like in Pikmin 2, but instead of playing day 1 you skip it as Olimar is flying around looking for his Son. At night he has to go up and hope to find his son the next day, or else enemies could attack him or something. That first night you play as Olimar's Son and you are introduced to Pikmin (Probably nocturnal, have Red Yellow and blue and some others at night to change the gameplay) and at the end of the night the nocturnal Pikmin run back to the their ship and Olimar find his son. On day 2 you begin basic gameplay. Then at night 2 Olimar's Son dreams to be an explorer like his dad (I know Olimar is basically a delivery man or something, but his son sees him as an explorer) so he sneaks out at night with some kind of miniship he finds (My original idea has him finding a miniship that can fly to and from a main ship in the air, but for a small post I didn't mention as much) so he explores at night by himself, he would even have a diary that pops up at the end of the nights similar to Pikmin 1! Anyway after you collect enough money you go up at that night back to hocotate, but Olimar's Son goes to the planet not realizing his dad is leaving andf he gets left behind. Olimar finds out too late and him and Louie come back to find him!

My problem with the science one is that I don't see what would keep you playing long, unless they added a lot of boss monstors that you had to kill one of each, it would all just be too short killing one of each monster.
---
Isn't that just romantic of me?<3
Remember the Alien Hominid.
#14TNintendominatePosted 6/26/2011 5:12:56 PM
Collecting Map Pieces to open new areas is part of my plot ideas, man. :P
---
---Why is there a hippie on a flying carpet in the desert in my Zelda game?!---
#15KirbyWithAGunPosted 6/26/2011 6:25:53 PM
My dream storyline would be this:

You are on a science expedition with 3 other staff working under your command. Olimar, head of the science expedition, is trying to discover more artifacts of the planet as well as getting a hold of dead animals for the ship to scan and stuff.

This will give a variety to do since you will also need to get 1 of each animal :) but also instead of treasure hunting, you are hunting for just stuff like fossils or i suppose treasures (but for science).
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list