There needs to be a command for the Pikmin to go to the camp.

#1Chaos_EchoPosted 6/19/2011 10:19:53 PM
I waste a lot of time carting them back when I need to switch them out.It'd be great if you could just send them there to wait.
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#2losst4everPosted 6/19/2011 11:09:01 PM
No, the game does not need to be easier
#3WaterDumplePosted 6/19/2011 11:50:41 PM
losst4ever posted...
No, the game does not need to be easier

Convenience=/=Difficulty.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#4Intro1827Posted 6/20/2011 3:21:59 AM
The point is that pikmin can't do -anything- without a captain, other than grab/attack what's in their immediate proximity. At least that's how I see it. Notice how you always find pikmin right under an onion in Pikmin 2
---
Smoky Progg is the best optional boss ever
Deal with it. The human race sucks ass sometimes. - Doktoroktopus
#5TNintendominatePosted 6/20/2011 5:41:56 AM
^This. Pikmin have tiny brains, they can only fight/ pick up/ dismantle/ build whatever's within a three foot (Pikmin sized, not our size) radius when they arn't being commanded. To have them run to the Onion woul totally destroy that point.
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#6Chaos_Echo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 12:25:16 PM
They clearly know how to get to the onions, seeing as they cart things there themselves all the time.
---
#7TNintendominatePosted 6/20/2011 12:35:59 PM
That's because they're carrying something... because they're ordered to... okay, you have a point. Still, it'd make the game too easy.
---
---A wise man once told me that the secret to a long life is to keep breathing as long as possible.---
#8AdokadPosted 6/20/2011 12:37:15 PM
Not only would it be too easy, but it would basically make the "left behind" risk nulled, removing a strategy from the game.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, Radiata Stories, Persona 3: FES, and Pikmin 2.
#9Chaos_Echo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 1:18:51 PM
Not only would it be too easy, but it would basically make the "left behind" risk nulled, removing a strategy from the game.

If you're telling them to do this, then they were already with you and the left behind was irrelevant.

To clarify, I figure it would have all Pikmin currently under your command (is there a name for that?) head back to their onions on the same route they'd take were they carrying something. As far as interaction, they'd act as though they were with you, and not idle, meaning they wouldn't stop to grab things or attack enemies.
---