Instead of new Pikmin....

#11ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/23/2011 5:15:01 PM
TrueWhiteBeast posted...
They could add a third, mutation spray, that turns the flowers of the pikmin into something more unique.

Blue pikmin get small lily pads that expand when they're in water, allowing for temporary platforms that allow other pikmin to cross.

I love this idea. Sounds almost World of Goo esque with the whole ability to make living bridges for your other workers to cross.

TrueWhiteBeast posted...
Can't really think of anything for purple pikmin <_<

A hammar that lets them attack quicker.
#12KFCofDOOMPosted 7/4/2011 11:36:34 AM
TrueWhiteBeast posted...
Off the top of my head, yellow pikmin could get dandelions that expand when they're in the air, making them even lighter then before, allowing them to float across large chasms.

That is epic.

Blue pikmin get small lily pads that expand when they're in water, allowing for temporary platforms that allow other pikmin to cross.

This one is used by someone (cant remember) but I like it.

Red pikmin get spiky burs that they can use to anchor themselves to the ground to protect themselves from certain attacks and conditions (such as windy areas.)

So everyone else would just get blown away?

White pikmin get a tulip-esque flowers that acts as a sort've sound receiver, allowing the captain to send them of to far off places and command them from long distances.

Not sure about this... >_> like the idea though.

Can't really think of anything for purple pikmin <_<

Maybe a white rose that allows homing capabilities? And homing isn't there without the spray?
---
Favorite Nintendo Games: Luigi's Mansion, LoZ:TWW, LoZ:TP, LoZ:OoT, Metriod Prime 3: Corruption, and Mario Bros. 3.
I love retro games.
#13TrueWhiteBeastPosted 7/5/2011 2:08:27 PM
KFCofDOOM posted...
TrueWhiteBeast posted...

This one is used by someone (cant remember) but I like it.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I came up with mine first, and even then the ideas aren't exact. The idea you spoke of involved a separate breed of pikmin to create the bridges. The person who commented on the idea pointed out that it would eliminate the purpose of having blue pikmin since they would no longer be needed to cross water.

Of course that's all assuming that we're thinking of the same idea, but like you my memory is foggy (hence me being non-specific).