Favorite thing about Pikmin?

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 6/25/2011 1:27:56 AM
I like how big the levels are. With that there's all the creatures running around the different levels all doing their own things with their own ecosystems and biologies, and all of it is further explained in the Piklopedia. One of the few times I actually feel like the game world is actually a full world, not just a bunch of places with people, puzzles, or enemies who only just run up and hit you.

... Granted most enemies in Pikmin just try to hit you too, but try watching them when they're not, and look at some of the enemies who genuinely don't seem to have an interest in you in this game.

That's my favorite thing about Pikmin. What's yours?
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - CS Lewis
#2Sparx401Posted 6/25/2011 1:32:48 AM
I like the simplicity. Pikmin 2 added a lot of things, but compared to other RTS games, I still consider it an "RTS-lite". It's relatively easy to get into, and then the game just rolls with it, and it gets harder (though, not a steep difficulty curve), and it expects you to know how your pikmin work and how you are to interact with enemies.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
#3AvatarOfBaganPosted 6/25/2011 2:10:21 AM
Sparx401 posted...
I like the simplicity. Pikmin 2 added a lot of things, but compared to other RTS games, I still consider it an "RTS-lite". It's relatively easy to get into, and then the game just rolls with it, and it gets harder (though, not a steep difficulty curve), and it expects you to know how your pikmin work and how you are to interact with enemies.

This a hundred times.

I never got into RTS due to the absurd management issues. And by the tiem you built up something big and awesome... You either win or your foe has so many more numbers and such that you don't stand a chance anyway.

Pikmin doesn't have that...
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
Kool Frostbyte - XBL gamer tag.
#4ArtOWarfarePosted 6/25/2011 6:50:33 AM
I also enjoyed the previous things, plus the multiplayer. This is the only game I've been able to play with some of my friends who aren't into more hardcore games.

I also like the way you can make the game significantly harder for yourself, by deciding, for example, that you don't want to lose a single Pikmin, but the game doesn't force those kinds of inane goals on you.