I think it would be fun if...

#1MeowzerPosted 6/26/2011 3:27:03 PM

There was a friendly competition here where the members of this board did a weekly challenge and then post how they do here. The challenge could be "get a new high score in challenge mode" or "get 100% completion of an area with minimum casualties", and the winner would be whoever got the highest score, or the fewest pikmin deaths, and they would pick the next challenge.

Kind of like a riddle topic. But instead of who answers correctly first makes a new riddle, its whoever does the best makes the new challenge.

Would anybody want to do this?

#2ninto55Posted 6/26/2011 3:49:56 PM
I'd try, and probably suck at it. Granted we can't trust that people won't lie about their scores or casualties unless they post a video. It'd be fun, if others started I'd love to join in!
---
Isn't that just romantic of me?<3
Remember the Alien Hominid.
#3alucard4444Posted 6/26/2011 4:18:27 PM
I'd do it. Though, like ninto, I don't expect to do very well.
---
for your health
#4KirbyWithAGunPosted 6/26/2011 6:28:25 PM
being that pikmin apeals to younger crowds too, this wont work out well. Kids lie for the most part since they have the ridiculous desire to win and do better then everyone.

Cool concept though.
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#5ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/26/2011 8:00:19 PM
KirbyWithAGun posted...
being that pikmin apeals to younger crowds too, this wont work out well. Kids lie for the most part since they have the ridiculous desire to win and do better then everyone.

Cool concept though.

It's not like it's a huge deal if people lie, though. The point is just to have fun and stretch the money we've already put down on Pikmin 1 and 2.

So, what's the first challenge? I need to find my copies of the games... and a GC controller... and I don't know where my GC memory card is, so I may have to start over on the games... plus, as the previous people said, I'll probably suck at this too.
#6GHExpert123Posted 6/26/2011 8:26:12 PM
I only own Pikmin 1... on the Wii... and I haven't beaten it yet.
---
Dark Cloud 3 needs to be made already! People that agree with me: 16
Not changing my sig until Street Fighter: The Animated Series is on Netflix.
#7Meowzer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 6:11:08 AM

Alright, first challenge: Collect all of the treasure in the challenge mode level "Trampled Garden" and finish as fast as you can. Post your score as time you had left when you completed the level, which is recorded as the "Time Bonus" in the scoring screen.

#8RetroYoshi4191Posted 6/27/2011 6:14:04 AM
Ooh, sounds fun. I'll get to it!
---
I drink my soda in a wine glass.
#9ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/27/2011 6:48:05 AM
Meowzer posted...
Alright, first challenge: Collect all of the treasure in the challenge mode level "Trampled Garden" and finish as fast as you can. Post your score as time you had left when you completed the level, which is recorded as the "Time Bonus" in the scoring screen.

Question: How long do we have to do this? One day? A few hours? A few days? A week? Or just the first five people to submit or something like that?
#10Meowzer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2011 9:50:23 AM

One week. So every monday is a new challenge.