Any ideas for new types of pikmin?

#1zekrom9001Posted 6/28/2011 7:43:40 PM
topic.
Example:
Color: Green
Immunity to: earth hazards. (Made up a new hazard for it to be immune to. You can do this too!)
Size:. Slightly larger than a white.
Held in: (can be kept in ship or onion.) Ship.
Obtainable by: (Can be obtained by plucking or by candy pop buds.) Candy Pop Bud.

Share your ideas!
---
pokemon black FC: 4856 5793 3906
:)
#2Boo DestroyerPosted 6/28/2011 10:05:25 PM
Well, I'd rather not to have elemental immunity be the only thing that Pikmin colors can manage. It's getting played out. There's gotta be some other uses for them.
#3ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/28/2011 10:17:49 PM
Boo Destroyer posted...
Well, I'd rather not to have elemental immunity be the only thing that Pikmin colors can manage. It's getting played out. There's gotta be some other uses for them.

Agreed. I'd like more strategy than just "Red beats fire."

Maybe a pikmin that can climb up steep hills.
A pikmin that can carry explosives.
A pikmin that can animate dead enemies.
A pikmin that can fly.
A pikmin that can sneak around enemies.
A pikmin that has a ranged attack.

See where I'm going with this? (Not that I'm suggesting the things I listed were actually good ideas.)
#4ZiggyMarley777Posted 6/28/2011 10:45:29 PM
ArtOfWarfare posted...
Boo Destroyer posted...

Agreed. I'd like more strategy than just "Red beats fire."

Maybe a pikmin that can climb up steep hills.
A pikmin that can carry explosives.
A pikmin that can animate dead enemies.
A pikmin that can fly.
A pikmin that can sneak around enemies.
A pikmin that has a ranged attack.

See where I'm going with this? (Not that I'm suggesting the things I listed were actually good ideas.)

I like these^^^^
Maybe Pikmin that can home in on enemies?
Burrowing Pikmin/Torpedo Pikmin?
GIANT PIKMIN? Like 1/2 Olimar's size
---
This Sig is mine and belongs to me, Without me, this Sig is useless. Without this Sig, I am useless.
3DS FC:3351-4058-9204, rest in profile
#5zekrom9001(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2011 8:01:59 AM
These are very good ideas! I never really said that you had to use my template. You can go anywhere you want to go with your ideas.
---
pokemon black FC: 4856 5793 3906
:)
#6Mouser05Posted 6/29/2011 11:16:30 AM
^^ The purple pikmin in pikmin 2 were homing. I want a bridge pikmin- you throw it and BAM it turns into a square on a freaking bridge. I'm not really sure how you would call it back to you without it falling into the abyss, though.
---
It's time to split- Sgt.Cortez
#7ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/29/2011 10:23:54 PM
Mouser05 posted...
^^ The purple pikmin in pikmin 2 were homing. I want a bridge pikmin- you throw it and BAM it turns into a square on a freaking bridge. I'm not really sure how you would call it back to you without it falling into the abyss, though.

Refer to my ideas on blue pikmin here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633263-pikmin/59551472

I'm also thinking maybe some kind of chain making pikmin would be kind of cool... somehow they could connect to each other, and you could wrap them around a purple pikmin, and throw the pikmin over a ledge, and they would hang there as a chain other pikmin could use to reach lower grounds without falling too far and dying.

Or maybe some kind of tower making pikmin that could allow you to make a ladder for other pikmin to climb up.
#8KFCofDOOMPosted 6/30/2011 7:52:57 PM
Pink pikmin that are extremely flexible or something that stack like a totem on ONLY special poles (so its a challenge getting them [Doomsday Apparatus in pikmin 2, requires 100 purples]) across certain caverns (like paper bags from pikmin 2). You could only find them in caves and store them in the ship.

Maybe you could have green (or orange, whatever color they are in bulbmins. They have debates) pikmin that can be paracites and hijack enemies (its been said a lot, i know)

Or maybe like those shroommin in Pikmin 1 that would kill you. BRING THE SHROOM DUDE BACK!!!! (I forgot its name)
---
Official Guy Who Doesn't Care About The Sims Wii U of The Sims Message Board
#9monkeypeelPosted 6/30/2011 10:06:58 PM
Haha that Shroom monster was the best.

Some type of pikmin that, when they are fighting, they do jump attacks and can do quick dodges from enemy attacks. So basically agile combat pikmin, color: Green. They'd be like little jumping beans.

a trap pikmin, when olimar throws it, it buries into the ground and can ambush enemies. Brown and has a brown leaf on the top.

And maybe a new type of water pikmin
#10ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/1/2011 7:52:23 AM
monkeypeel posted...
a trap pikmin, when olimar throws it, it buries into the ground and can ambush enemies. Brown and has a brown leaf on the top.

The idea sounds cool, but I can't imagine any scenario where I would want to use them.

And maybe a new type of water pikmin
And a new type of fire pikmin, too!
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8