new planet ideas

#1PokemonRanger45Posted 6/29/2011 4:30:22 PM
i thought it would be a good idea to make a topic for ideas for new planets the new planets will have three old Pikmin depending on the planet and two new ones which can only be on that planet a new planet can have pretty much anything for example on one planet gravity can can be so weak that you and your Pikmin can float and on another it can be so strong that white Pikmin are super slow yellow Pikmin can only be thrown to a normal level and purple Pikmin are so heavy that they are weakend (sorry all my examples are gravity based)
#2TNintendominatePosted 6/29/2011 5:38:26 PM
You didn't need to make a new topic for this. We saw it on the other topic.

But, to the idea itself: It's terrible. It would remove all the charm of being on Earth, and there's also the fact that Pikmin are plants and need OXYGEN. Plus, taking away Pikmin types for different areas? Are you TRYING to remove some of the strategy from the games?
---
---Why is there a hippie on a flying carpet in the desert in my Zelda game?!---
#3alucard4444Posted 6/29/2011 8:28:14 PM
I didnt think there was any charm of being on earth. In fact, I liked it better in Pikmin 1 when you were not entirely sure what planet you were on.

In general, this is a decent idea. Also, TC's first post is one big sentence. Just saying.
---
for your health
#4alucard4444Posted 6/29/2011 8:29:48 PM
I apologize to the TC if English is not your first language.
---
for your health
#5ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/29/2011 9:11:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6PokemonRanger45(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2011 2:45:08 AM
well i was thinking two new Pikmin replace old Pikmin for that planet because the Pikmin can't can't do anything on that planet.i did need to make a new topic because everyone forgot about it.why are you saying there can't be new planets because Pikmin need oxygen? other planets could have oxygen i know planet Hocotate doesn't but other planets could
#7ArtOWarfarePosted 6/30/2011 5:54:33 AM
I'd like to take a moment to tell you all that you're mistaken regarding what type of atmosphere plants need to live. Plants take in CO2 and give off O2. O2 for them is like CO2 for us... Not toxic or anything, but not exactly helpful. (People complain about CO2 because of its affects on global warming... Plus, we require O2 for cellular respiration and can't do it with CO2 like plants.)

Now, on the topic of different planets, I say no. I just don't see a lot of benefit from it... It kind of makes the areas of a game feel really disconnected (compare the level designs of Metroid Primes 1 & 2 with 3.) On top of that, the only idea that you had that sounded like an interesting reason to have different planets was they could have different gravities.

In substitution of that, I say there could be an area on the planet that has a steady updraft that makes it so your Pikmin go higher when thrown and fall back down slower. It has the same impact on gameplay, while it's easier to work into the existing story.
#8WaterDumplePosted 6/30/2011 9:21:34 AM
ArtOWarfare posted...
Now, on the topic of different planets, I say no. I just don't see a lot of benefit from it... It kind of makes the areas of a game feel really disconnected (compare the level designs of Metroid Primes 1 & 2 with 3.)

To be fair, part of the complaint people had with Prime 3's level design (myself included) was the way it broke up the environments, when Metroid games have historically always had large interconnected areas. That was something which Primes 1 and 2 preserved perfectly even though they had moved to 3D, which I thought was a really great way to move the series forward while still giving it the "Metroid game" sense. Prime 3 had a more unique control scheme and then took a step back in almost all other areas.

Pikmin, however, has always had separated self-contained environments, so more of that wouldn't necessarily be a step back, it just wouldn't be doing anything new. But you're definitely right that there would be almost no point in shipping the characters and Pikmin off to other planets beyond the novelty, or as some poor explanation for the presence of a gameplay mechanic. And honestly, Pikmin is so weird anyway that it doesn't need those sorts of drawn-out "realistic" justifications for new mechanics. The Waterwraith makes no sense and is not explained at all, but it serves the purpose to give you the sense of a time limit in a certain cave.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#9GHExpert123Posted 6/30/2011 10:26:08 AM
Guys, it's a videogame. The developers can do whatever they want.
---
Dark Cloud 3 needs to be made already! People that agree with me: 16
Not changing my sig until Street Fighter: The Animated Series is on Netflix.
#10KirbyWithAGunPosted 6/30/2011 10:40:27 AM
alucard4444 posted...
I didnt think there was any charm of being on earth. In fact, I liked it better in Pikmin 1 when you were not entirely sure what planet you were on.

In general, this is a decent idea. Also, TC's first post is one big sentence. Just saying.

I'm sorry... but its as if you dont even know what you are talking about. Did you go to school or something? The damn intro of pikmin 1 show earth and you see objects that Earth has such as a glass bottle or carboard boxes
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list