new planet ideas

#11WaterDumplePosted 6/30/2011 10:55:10 AM
GHExpert123 posted...
Guys, it's a videogame. The developers can do whatever they want.

And the game can suffer for it if "whatever they want" happens to suck.

None of this will be implemented just because it was posted here; there is no problem with posting ideas but everyone is free to critique them.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#12PokemonRanger45(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2011 2:36:38 PM
I did not think there could be new planets just so there could be gravity changes.I also thought there could be new enemies that have no resembles to old enemies whatsoever.and if people like the thought of it staying on earth how about a compromise where the new planets resembling planets like Mars and Venus okay?
#13TNintendominatePosted 6/30/2011 3:00:52 PM
Let's see, planets in the solar system... well, Mercury, Venus, and Mars are all barren wastelands, removing... what, ALL of the gorgeous scenery? Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptue are made of gas, so there's nothing to do, and Pluto would be a bland, icy wasteland. Not very much uniqueness going on here. >_>
---
---Why is there a hippie on a flying carpet in the desert in my Zelda game?!---
#14Sparx401Posted 6/30/2011 3:36:45 PM
1) Pluto is no longer considered a planet; it's a Dwarf Planet, but not the same category as Mars, Venus, and the others.

2) Those planets probably aren't going to be named, and in the name of artistic and game design liberty, the developers could have "habitable" zones or have the entire planet be "habitable" if it really is set in the future.

3) Or they could just be habitable moons or other smaller bodies.

Still, the idea of going to other planets sounds absurd to me because we haven't even explored like 1/6 of the Distant Planet, so there's nothing in the series indicating the need to move on. I'm not sure why a lot of people forget just how small Olimar is; the Valley of Repose is basically less than a foot of sidewalk plus less than half of a crosswalk with a manhole cover on the road.

I mean, look at the overhead map:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080722202046/pikmin/images/e/e8/Nemuri_snap.jpg

Look at how "small" those areas are when looked at from the human perspective. It's seems big because Olimar and the pikmin are small, but that's the sense of size that the creators wanted to convey. In that sense, some people are "fooled" into thinking they're exploring a ton when in "reality", it's just a small fraction on a HUGE planet.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 95 pages
#15KFCofDOOMPosted 6/30/2011 6:38:43 PM
Maybe Pikmin is post-apocalyptic Earth. It'd make sense because you never see humans. EVER.

But it just has to be on earth. It just makes sense. Makes it fun.

Olimar:
"Wow. I'm on Titan. It's bouncy here. I hate my life."
---
Official Guy Who Doesn't Care About The Sims Wii U of The Sims Message Board
#16ArtOfWarfarePosted 6/30/2011 8:13:55 PM
Sparx401 posted...
Still, the idea of going to other planets sounds absurd to me because we haven't even explored like 1/6 of the Distant Planet, so there's nothing in the series indicating the need to move on. I'm not sure why a lot of people forget just how small Olimar is; the Valley of Repose is basically less than a foot of sidewalk plus less than half of a crosswalk with a manhole cover on the road.

I mean, look at the overhead map:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080722202046/pikmin/images/e/e8/Nemuri_snap.jpg

Look at how "small" those areas are when looked at from the human perspective. It's seems big because Olimar and the pikmin are small, but that's the sense of size that the creators wanted to convey. In that sense, some people are "fooled" into thinking they're exploring a ton when in "reality", it's just a small fraction on a HUGE planet.

Wow, interesting image. I hadn't realized that the levels actually resembled anything when viewed from above. It really does help with the sense of scale.
#17thundershark21Posted 6/30/2011 8:39:44 PM
KFCofDOOM posted...
Maybe Pikmin is post-apocalyptic Earth. It'd make sense because you never see humans. EVER.

But it just has to be on earth. It just makes sense. Makes it fun.

Olimar:
"Wow. I'm on Titan. It's bouncy here. I hate my life."

I'm pretty sure that's it I heard that this is after humans went extinct and the treasures are just what we left behind before we went extinct .
---
#18Sparx401Posted 6/30/2011 10:50:14 PM
But that doesn't explain how the Forest of Hope and the Distant Spring become the Awakening Wood and Perplexing Pool respectively. It can't just be "the wind" blowing random stuff into the levels, because we clearly see stone structures and pottery in the Awakening Wood as well as someone trying to build some sort of hot tub or bathhouse area (reminiscent of Japan) in the Perplexing Pool.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 95 pages