Purple Pikmin

#1olimarcaptainPosted 7/2/2011 10:55:14 AM
How do you think Purple Pikmin can be nerfed?
I think that the homing, and extra damage should be removed. Moreover I think that foes should be less likely to be stunned by purples.

Comments?
---
Everyone has too much to say about Pokemon! If its fun, thats enough!
-Waitresses Leslie
#2QualiTPosted 7/2/2011 12:58:17 PM
Agreed. The stunning made the game way too easy lol.
---
Anybody order a mad brit and his shotty? CrazyBaconSD here :D Lights will guide you home and igniiite your bones and I will try, too fix you...
#3AdokadPosted 7/2/2011 1:40:07 PM
Homing needs to be removed altogether, or it could be given to another color. Their extra damage definitely needs to be removed, yep. As for stunning, I think that "boss" enemies shouldn't be able to be stunned at all. The chances for stunning a normal enemy needs to be reduced to like, 5% (or lower) per purple throw. Like homing, it could be removed altogether as well.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, Radiata Stories, Persona 3: FES, and Pikmin 2.
#4TrueWhiteBeastPosted 7/2/2011 5:21:16 PM
Adokad posted...
Homing needs to be removed altogether, or it could be given to another color. Their extra damage definitely needs to be removed, yep. As for stunning, I think that "boss" enemies shouldn't be able to be stunned at all. The chances for stunning a normal enemy needs to be reduced to like, 5% (or lower) per purple throw. Like homing, it could be removed altogether as well.

Essentially what you're saying is they'll be used for nothing but lifting heavy objects.

We all know they're over powered people, but be nice.
#5Yoshi6852Posted 7/2/2011 5:42:04 PM
I would say get rid of the homing (make it no more than any other pikmin), but keep the stun as is, and then get rid of the extra damage
---
"Knowledge is power; power is pain, if you dont understand I wont bother to explain." Barney the Encyclocentopedia
#6ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/2/2011 8:35:57 PM
Honing can be removed,
extra damage can stay,
stunning can be nerfed.

You guys have to realize that combat isn't the biggest focus of the game. This is one of very few games that I've managed to get my girlfriend to play and enjoy, and the combat is her absolute least favorite part of the game.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#7KFCofDOOMPosted 7/3/2011 12:19:48 PM
ArtOfWarfare posted...
Honing can be removed,
extra damage can stay,
stunning can be nerfed.

You are the only person on this board that makes sense here.
---
Favorite Nintendo Games: Luigi's Mansion, LoZ:TWW, LoZ:TP, LoZ:OoT, Metriod Prime 3: Corruption, and Mario Bros. 3.
I love retro games.
#8KirbyWithAGunPosted 7/3/2011 12:55:55 PM
I say leave them be, decrease the damage and stun time perhaps a little bit. People said they were broken in Pikmin 2... but is it really that easy to have a giant army of Purple pikmin? I am capable of getting a huge army (I have 114)... but i dont think its easy, im just good at pikmin 2.

Leave them be, make the monsters harder.. thats the true problem. You can have any kind of pikmin, but when you have 100, you instant kill alot of them.
---
games: PS3: MAG, and many others Wii: SSBB and many others PC: C&C,COD BO,L4D2, and many others.
http://www.youtube.com/wardeathfun for full list
#9Yellowstone2012Posted 7/3/2011 4:41:06 PM
KirbyWithAGun posted...
I say leave them be, decrease the damage and stun time perhaps a little bit. People said they were broken in Pikmin 2... but is it really that easy to have a giant army of Purple pikmin? I am capable of getting a huge army (I have 114)... but i dont think its easy, im just good at pikmin 2.

Leave them be, make the monsters harder.. thats the true problem. You can have any kind of pikmin, but when you have 100, you instant kill alot of them.

I think the main problem with the monsters were their AI. The AI should be pretty tough this time around; since IBM is giving Wii U Watson's CPU. (CPU that beat humans on Jeopardy) Also, because the Wii U is so powerful, there will be more power for more monsters on screen.
---
The Oil Age:
1859 AD - 2059 AD. 48 Years Left of Oil.
#10Mr_MewPosted 7/4/2011 5:18:10 AM
KFCofDOOM posted...
ArtOfWarfare posted...
Honing can be removed,
extra damage can stay,
stunning can be nerfed.

You are the only person on this board that makes sense here.

^^^^This, definitely this. If these ideas were implemented, purples would have a fairly good nerf and it would balance em out some more.
---
MH3: Martel.