my ideas for the new game.

#1navyboy98Posted 7/2/2011 10:27:24 PM
well, I've been thinking for a while. and then forgot what I was thinking about, and thought again.... lather/rinse/repeat.....

at any rate, right at the moment, I've been seeing alot of others talking about bulbmin, purple/white onions, debating over new colors, and thinking about what the wii U controller has to offer.

so, a penny for your thoughts, and of course, two for mine.

now, I'm perfectly aware that Nintendo is already almost done with this game, but I wanna throw my two cents worth onto the table, and see if any of it makes it into a possible pikmin 4 (as much as mario, zelda, and metroid get re-used it may or may not happen. not to mention that each generation of pokemon is really more of an expansion pack.)

so, now, to the actual ideas:

bulbmin: you get bulbmin in their pikmin state, either in an onion or via candypop, whatever. you get to throw them at enemies, and there's a chance of it becoming friendly and controllable, with the smaller ones like dwarf bulborbs and breadbugs being able to be thrown, but the bigger ones being too heavy to do more than "c-stick" towards the intended target (now, I'm not sure if it's a roll of the dice, or a poke-ball-esque "you gotta soften him up first", but it's not gonna be a sure thing, neither will it be an "only when god is smiling down upon you during a great blue moon while you're doing some sort of ritual involving a squirrel" event, either. the squirrel is irrelevant, it was just to illustrate the likelihood of it succeeding.) it should have nothing to do with swarming it with enough to carry it back or twice the required carriers, because as far as we know one "parasite" (more of a symbiote, really) equals one bulbmin.

purple/white onions: yes, but the other colors get first choice on where it goes (in other words, only whites can haul it to the white onions, purples to the purple onion- a purple and a red carrying a carcass will bring it to the red onion. period. whites and purples carrying something will decide the normal way-whoever's more present, or, if equal number, whoever was there first)

new colors: only if well-implemented. I can see having 9 colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white), but we'll need to be allowed more than a hundred out for it to be implemented well. either that, or pick three or four of those nine colors to bring down with you.

new controller and new things with it: people are debating whether this will be a tactical thing (draw those X's and O's with arrows, like one of those football diagrams I can never make sense of), or a stat screen (instead of pausing, you check the wii U controller- I'ma call it the board. you got the screen, and you got the board-as if olimar were glancing at his wrist display, instead of stopping to pull out a paper map), or both
(you have the HUD, as well as the map, so you can draw the diagram out). alternatively, it could be used to take the game off the screen, and put it onto the board. or just do all three (HUD/tactical map, then you can take it off the main screen and take it to another room on the board and play like the wii ports, except with the touch screen instead of the wiimote.
---
--- if something falls, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
(>'_')>* ninja kirby is watching...
#2navyboy98(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2011 10:28:07 PM
now, my own ideas.

a color-mixing onion! this was after I played the wii port of pikmin 1, and before I knew pikmin 2 existed (lol). now, at the time, I was thinking, "hey, let's have a color-mixer! you toss in two colors of piks, then the one that comes out is the color you'd get on the color wheel, with the facial features of both! (red+blue equals purple, which can withstand fire, can swim, has better attack, and does lifeguard stuff, and has blue's gills, and red's nose. or red+yellow is orange with ears and nose, totes bomb-rocks, has better fighting skills, flies higher, and resists fire. yellow+blue is green, has ears and gills, flies higher, totes bomb-rocks, swims, and does lifeguard duty. orange+blue/green+red/purple+yellow is brown, has ears, nose, and gills, is resistant to fire, fights better, flies higher, totes bomb-rocks, swims, and does lifeguard duty.(when I discovered pikmin 2, I thought purples would make the result fat and hairy, and whites would give them big eyes.)) and, as a bonus feature, stores the mixed-color piks. you'd pick the color you want to draw out by switching colors with < and > on the d-pad (thinking with wii controls in mind, mind you) or, in retrospect, could'a been done on gamecube with L and R.

new colors- black, who can breathe in low-atmosphere areas (there would be signs and such, like outside holes) (was thinking it might be mario-galaxy-like) (and a blowhog that creates a low-atmosphere field in front of it) the new colors mostly came to me once I realized pikmin two existed. he was boxy, and had claw hands, kinda like a cheesy idea of a robot, and his headgear was boxy, too, as if it were 16-bit. (I figured if white and purple could have pink headgear, his could be weird, too) when mixed with the hybrid-ing onion above, the result turns boxy, and their headgear goes 16-bit-style.
(he doesn't actually breathe, which is why he doesn't suffocate in space, and he doesn't drown, he shorts out, electricity overloads him and he disintegrates, and fire overheats him 'till he melts, as well as poison being mildly acidic, so mildly, in fact, that it really only affects just black pikmin).

crystal-transparent, and about the shape of a cut diamond. (the body is shaped like a 10-sided die, the kind used for rpgs), and his headgear is polygonal as well, as if it were paper-craft. when used in the hybrid-er, the result has a translucent color. he resists lasers, with a chance to reflect them, with leaf having a small chance, and flower nearly guaranteeing it. (thought there might be a laser-shootin' blowhog, or some such, and maybe laser walls that they have to disarm or something)

(thought the super pikmin galaxy thing might work, because olimar travels in a spaceship anyhow)
---
#3navyboy98(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2011 10:28:35 PM
and, also, I thought there might be two player! but that's also been discussed already. louie, pres, or whoever can actually be controlled by the second player.

the crystal piks have a shiny metallic onion, and the black "onion" looks more like a box with helicopter blades, and hasn't got legs, the pikmin come out by elevator (also square).

now, I kinda thought about a nega-olimar/shadow-olimar/ramilo who controls nega-pikmin/shadow-pikmin/nimkips that you later get to control to do special stuff, because nega-pikmin/shadow-pikmin/nimkips can do special stuff, like can only be harmed by the shadow versions of the enemies (and normal piks can't be harmed by shadow creatures), or you just end up wholesale going through a portal to the shadow world/negative world/dlrow (the "word" "dlrow" being pronounced "dl-row" like (rhyming with "dul-cow")...... but then scrapped the idea, because it would simply make no sense, if that was used it would end up vacation gone wrong->saving the company from bankruptcy->save the world from a fate that would be in a b-rated movie...

alternatively, olimar could secretly be... pik-man? or whatever his alter ego is. of course, the pikmin would still follow him, because the pikmin know him by who he is, not what he calls himself. olimar wouldn't be as useless, because he suddenly reveals he had short-range laser vision the whole time! or maybe flight. perhaps he just has a black belt in three different martial arts, and just dons a cheesy black ninja suit, and calls himself "stars" or whatever. so then he has a 2-3 punch, and a kick, as well as carrying throwing stars, which are used like one of the sprays, and deal impact damage to enemies equal to a leaf blue landing on it. but you only have so many at once! he only carries up to X0 of them. (this one, I came up with just now, so it probably sounds worse than my others.) and he throws pikmin so well because he knows judo. or whatever. now, I'm just trying to fill plotholes that aren't there, but I'll leave it in because someone might laugh.
---
#4ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/3/2011 11:32:50 AM
[b]Color Mixing[/b] - Sounds like a fluff idea. It'd be pretty to be able to have Pikmin of every color of the rainbow, but it seems to me no one would ever bother having red / yellow / blue pikmin, because they only have half as many perks as your proposed orange / green / purple pikmin. Thus I'm going to have to say I dislike the idea.

[b]Black Pikmin[/b] - I'd rather not have yet another color is immune to element X pikmin. It's already been overdone with the red for fire / yellow for electricity / blue for water / white for poison. I also dislike the idea of the pikmin being 16 bit in appearance, as that would completely clash with the rest of the game's graphic style, for no apparent reason.

[b]Crystal Pikmin[/b] - Read above, basically the same issues.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#5KFCofDOOMPosted 7/3/2011 11:39:08 AM
navyboy98 posted...
and, also, I thought there might be two player! but that's also been discussed already. louie, pres, or whoever can actually be controlled by the second player.

You mean co-op.

the crystal piks have a shiny metallic onion, and the black "onion" looks more like a box with helicopter blades, and hasn't got legs, the pikmin come out by elevator (also square).

Then it wouldn't be an onion. It'd be a flying elevator to nowhere.

now, I kinda thought about a nega-olimar/shadow-olimar/ramilo who controls nega-pikmin/shadow-pikmin/nimkips that you later get to control to do special stuff, because nega-pikmin/shadow-pikmin/nimkips can do special stuff, like can only be harmed by the shadow versions of the enemies (and normal piks can't be harmed by shadow creatures), or you just end up wholesale going through a portal to the shadow world/negative world/dlrow (the "word" "dlrow" being pronounced "dl-row" like (rhyming with "dul-cow")...... but then scrapped the idea, because it would simply make no sense, if that was used it would end up vacation gone wrong->saving the company from bankruptcy->save the world from a fate that would be in a b-rated movie...

No evil dudes. Too unoriginal.

alternatively, olimar could secretly be... pik-man? or whatever his alter ego is. of course, the pikmin would still follow him, because the pikmin know him by who he is, not what he calls himself. olimar wouldn't be as useless, because he suddenly reveals he had short-range laser vision the whole time! or maybe flight. perhaps he just has a black belt in three different martial arts, and just dons a cheesy black ninja suit, and calls himself "stars" or whatever. so then he has a 2-3 punch, and a kick, as well as carrying throwing stars, which are used like one of the sprays, and deal impact damage to enemies equal to a leaf blue landing on it. but you only have so many at once! he only carries up to X0 of them. (this one, I came up with just now, so it probably sounds worse than my others.) and he throws pikmin so well because he knows judo. or whatever. now, I'm just trying to fill plotholes that aren't there, but I'll leave it in because someone might laugh.

Oh no. That's just doesn't make sense.
---
Well LA-dee-FRICKIN DA!!! We have a writer!
#6KFCofDOOMPosted 7/3/2011 11:40:47 AM
Still can't get the italics to go the way I want 'em to...
---
Well LA-dee-FRICKIN DA!!! We have a writer!
#7KennyUzkoPosted 7/3/2011 8:28:19 PM
i dont think that the paralel world/dl-row (or that) will be a bad idea, if you deep think in your mind "from where the h*** does the waterwrath come or it could be that machines come from the dl-row to take over our planet or simply its just like terminator we create the machines and they destroy us.

-Color mixing idead-: i like and dislike it at the same time ^cause one part of me says "Yayy new colors more pikmins" but my other part says "Ugghh now i have to raise more pikmin and there will be more levels and more specialized enemies" see??? i think green and black pikmin are allright but they need onions (that may appear at nightime)and you can only use them at a certain hour

żDO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?
i hope you do :D
#8KFCofDOOMPosted 7/4/2011 11:26:24 AM
KennyUzko posted...
żDO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?
i hope you do :D

Yeah. Dislike the color mixing idea.
---
Favorite Nintendo Games: Luigi's Mansion, LoZ:TWW, LoZ:TP, LoZ:OoT, Metriod Prime 3: Corruption, and Mario Bros. 3.
I love retro games.