One question that'll probably never be answered

#1Enigma149Posted 7/8/2011 7:40:24 PM
***SPOILERS***
Why are the onions dormant before Olimar activates them in Pikmin 1? The best ending to Pikmin 1 clearly showed multiple onions active and flying through the atmosphere, but why not the Red, Yellow, and Blue ones?
Also, the Pikmin appeared to be...struggling...in Olimar's absence. How did they survive at all?
#2TNintendominatePosted 7/8/2011 8:03:30 PM
Oooooooookay, here comes speculation/ theorizing:

The Onions are dormant in Pikmin 1 *because* the Pikmin did not yet exist, by Olimar approaching the Onion the very first Pikmin were born. (This paragraph is theorization ENTIRELY) The reason for all the other Onions in the end *is* that those Onions had no Pikmin, and thusly they left for another planet. (End speculation/ theorization)

The Pikmin numbers go down a lot because they need a leader to survive, without a guiding figure they're helpless.
---
---Why is there a hippie on a flying carpet in the desert in my Zelda game?!---
#3TNintendominatePosted 7/8/2011 8:05:18 PM
Forgot to mention- an Onion spits out one seed after all the rest of a color died, so they could have gone 'extinct' a few times.
---
---Why is there a hippie on a flying carpet in the desert in my Zelda game?!---
#4Sparx401Posted 7/8/2011 8:05:50 PM
Perhaps because when Olimar first gets red, yellow, and blue pikmin, there's only one of each color...presumably, at least those colors were on the verge of extinction. I think they're mostly dormant for presentation purposes, not that they ever thought of a story reason or have it connected to the plot in any way.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 104 pages
#5KFCofDOOMPosted 7/8/2011 8:06:33 PM
^ Your question is answered.
---
I'm a gamer, not a mother****ing politician.
#6Enigma149(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 8:39:54 AM
Interesting...
#7marioman1154Posted 7/10/2011 1:12:29 PM
It's quite the....enigma, no? *shot*
---
Got it memorized?
#8RetroYoshi4191Posted 7/10/2011 6:49:17 PM
Oh, HI MARIOMAN! Say hello to Buff for me!
---
[This signature has been deleted by the request of your daily stalker]
#9NyyarkPosted 7/11/2011 2:34:34 PM
When you game over, you become a pikmin. Perhaps the weren't dormant at all, but didn't produce olimar like creatures until he was around to inspire them. As those types of creatures kept feeding the onions they kept producing those creatures.
---
20 year minions:
Wynters387, Grandy12
#10ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/11/2011 6:47:30 PM
Nyyark posted...
When you game over, you become a pikmin. Perhaps the weren't dormant at all, but didn't produce olimar like creatures until he was around to inspire them. As those types of creatures kept feeding the onions they kept producing those creatures.

I haven't played the first game in so long... do we see the Pikmin or the onion, first? If we see the onion before we ever see the Pikmin, that's plausible. Otherwise, the Pikmin were clearly Olimar-like prior to Olimar showing up.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8