So do you think the best ending of pikmin 1 is canon?(spoilers i guess)

#1Holy_OblivionPosted 7/12/2011 6:20:22 PM
With all the different color onions? The ones I can think of off the top of my head are pink, black, and light blue.
---
"Ho-oh does not wear clothes."
"And Ganondorf does not Falcon Kick people."
#2OathToOblivionPosted 7/12/2011 6:33:37 PM
Honestly, I think so. Because how else would he know about mossy Emperor Bulblaxes?
#3OathToOblivionPosted 7/13/2011 4:57:48 AM
Also, his wife mentions in a mail about finding the Secret Stash, which you have to beat the Emperor Bulblax for.
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#4CrazyhaxPosted 7/13/2011 8:24:31 AM
I'm inclined to believe that there could be plenty of colors of Pikmin, but they don't necessarily have to have any special powers or resistances.
---
The Hax Series: | Crazyhax | Zestyhax | Haxorus |
No. I | White FC: 3009 8316 2506
#5marioman1154Posted 7/13/2011 8:51:49 AM
Of course it's canon. I mean, Olimar survives with his ship fully intact, right? Therefore, the onions showing up must canon, too.

But, I really hope they don't add any stupid new elements and whatnot just to add in new colors of Pikmin. When Pikmin was out, I couldn't even imagine what other colors they could add/what they would do. I was pleasantly surprised with White/Purple.
Once again, I'm dumbfounded as to what more they could possibly add.
---
Got it memorized?
#6AdokadPosted 7/13/2011 11:55:22 AM
Just remember that he's landed in pretty much the same area of the planet for both games. That leaves the whole rest of the planet for things undiscovered. So I'm sure the onions are scattered around the planet. Whether or not they're discovered/activated, though, is up to the storyline and stage progression.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, Radiata Stories, Persona 3: FES, and Pikmin 2.
#7KennyUzkoPosted 7/13/2011 3:17:27 PM
Yes I agree there could be different types of pikmins on the different regions in the earth, olimar has only inspected one region Perhaps there could be more regions on pikmin 3 and other types of pikmin due to the different weathers and regions and temperature etc...
it would be nice to have different pikmins in different regions... Thats My opinion :D
#8marioman1154Posted 7/13/2011 4:32:53 PM
Maybe different Pikmin on different areas.

As in, R/Y/B stay on the first area, White and Purple are wherever Candypop Buds grows, and then new ones for wherever.

*shrugs*
Just another silly idea.
---
Got it memorized?
#9ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/14/2011 5:38:10 AM
Or you could end up with R/Y/B in one area, then R/Y/P in another area, R/W/B in another and so on... there are 20 unique combinations of 3 colors from a pool of 6 colors... 6 unique combinations of 3 colors from a pool of 5 colors. (Or am I doing my math wrong? Combinations/permutations/probability was my weak point, if I had one.)
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#10TwilightAeon13Posted 7/14/2011 3:44:36 PM
10 unique combinations of 3, if we're just working with the 5 colors we have now.

Adding another color...increases that by more than I care to figure out right now.
---
Currently playing: FFX
Forget challenges, I'll fight the biggest boss there is.