This is why we needed....

#1losst4everPosted 7/15/2011 11:06:31 PM
some type of info or screen shot or teaser... to give us something to talk about. It's been years since Pikmin 2, so everyone is drained of ideas.
#2WaterDumplePosted 7/15/2011 11:30:59 PM
I'm not a fan of hyping games for years before they come out, but Nintendo seriously needs to give this thing some time to get noticed. Which means showing us something. A couple screens, a teaser trailer, a stop-motion claymation bulborb eating somebody's hand, anything.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#3ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/16/2011 4:17:30 AM
losst4ever posted...
some type of info or screen shot or teaser... to give us something to talk about. It's been years since Pikmin 2, so everyone is drained of ideas.

Even though Nintendo is more secretive than many other companies, I think the fact they haven't shown us anything at all means it's probably still over a year away.

And I'm not at all drained of ideas. I just hesitate to post more and more because we don't know anything yet... like... we could end up brainstorming one game and then it ends up Pikmin 3 is something totally different... and then it'll feel like all the effort was wasted, or something... IDK. I'm planning on starting a video game company either towards the end of college or shortly after, and I intend to make my own spin on the Pikmin / Battalion Wars style of RTS games.

Oh, and if you've never played it, Battalion Wars is a really neat series... kind of like Pikmin but with an emphasis on combat.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#4WaterDumplePosted 7/16/2011 9:38:45 AM
I'm planning on starting a video game company either towards the end of college or shortly after, and I intend to make my own spin on the Pikmin / Battalion Wars style of RTS games.

Best to keep it indie. If it goes closer to the Battalion Wars look, you'll wind up making cash-in Lol of Duty clone #4327489, if publishers have shown anything about their patterns in the past.

Game development looks like a really interesting area and it's something I've always wanted to be a part of, but the industry itself is a large problem. The larger a game's budget is, the "safer" it has to be, which means that really unique concepts have a hard time getting taken up by major studios and are largely left to the indie world. At least Steam can support them now. Also, I see things like this happening way too often.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/04/super-meat-boy-creators-went-through-hell-to-get-their-game-done-felt-taken-advantage-of-by-microsoft/
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.