Make A Superboss!

#1TNintendominatePosted 7/19/2011 9:52:30 PM
This was just an idea I came up with, and I'm not sure whether or not for this to be in my ideas, but I was thinking that for a last boss/ post-credits secret boss you could fight a gargantuan, hulking creature that required a massive army of limitless Pikmin. So, does anyone have any ideas for said superboss?

My idea: Goliath Bullwog- As an enhanced, uber-powerful version of Bullwog, this massive creature has bloated to an impossible size (about that of two basketballs stacked on top of eachother :P) and 100 Pikmin would take ages to kill this thing. The creature is so hulking that it's elemental attacks are all worthless, as they go right over the Pikmin that can take shelter under the boss' own flab, and thusly the boss resorts to stamping it's feet, making a monstrous, crushing jump, or shoving it's open maw forwards into the dirt to gulp down a possible hundreds of Pikmin. The boss is fought above ground in a pebble-laden, reed-infested, mucky ditch (this is merely for aesthetic, as Pikmin are not slowed down by the muck). The explanation for this supersized boss is that after Bullwog is defeated once, he (instead of dying as propesed originally) leaps off into the distance and the President is saved. However, if you collect all the treasures in the game, a secret boss fight is unlocked. Before Olimar and his family, Louie, and the President escape, Bullwog leaps down and scarfs up the Ship. He then goes Katamari Damacy on them, eating bigger and bigger enemies until he balloons to an uncontrollable girth. He leaps away to continue searching for enemies to eat, and you follow him into a new area he has opened because of his shaking of the ground. You are lead to the Marsh of No Remorse, and there the Bullwog is seen scarfing down Emperor Bulblaxes and Titan Dweevils like they were fleas. At a now collosal size, Olimar feels no hope, but just when hope is lost, the ONions fly in and release all the Pikmin they have (and more, to give you aleast 1000 incase you have less, otherwise you only get what you have). Olimar marches onwards to defeat Bullwog and reclaim his Ship.

*huff, huff* So, waddaya think about my idea? Post a critique and YOUR superboss idea! :D
---
---Why is there a hippie on a flying carpet in the desert in my Zelda game?!---
#2Warmonger222Posted 7/19/2011 10:40:26 PM
Mechanized Cannon boar: This is a mechanical, super blowhog/cannon beetle hybrid. It can shoot all elements AND homing cannon beetle rocks. It is created and piloted by Louie in a second attempt to control (and eat) the pikmin. Its feet are about the size of the raging long legs, and are used for crushing pikmin. Its a little taller than the emperor bulblax (first game) and about 2.5x as long. Its tracks are seen in various places louie has been in. If you take a really long time on a sublevel, this thing will take a treasure. After collecting all treasures not in the last level, you will unlock said level. After collecting all treasures there, Louie will have it take your ship and burrow into the ground, leaving an opening for your pikmin. You get the Final cave, "Louie's hideout," in it are three floors. If it has taken any treasures, they will be there, otherwise, they're just rest floors. On the third floor, an opening will appear above you and the onions will come through. Then you fight it. It has all elements, homing rocks, stomping, rolling (to get pikmin off) and charging. When stunned, you are lucky to get its HP bar to move at all even with 100 spicy purples attacking. It can summon blowhogs and cannon beetles.
---
http://i25.tinypic.com/atri29.jpg% 20http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif%5C
#3TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 10:57:08 PM
Well, I WAS hoping someone would critique my idea, but I guess I can just crittique yours.

First off, mechanized enemies arn't really logical, for one Olimar can't make notes on them. Also, the game is based on man vs. nature, not man vs. man. Second, it'd be a BAD idea giving you massive numbers of Pikmin, only to have hundreds devastated by an element they don't have, which is why I gave Goliath Bullwog only physical attacks.
---
#4Archer_YoshiPosted 7/20/2011 10:23:06 AM
Tninto, your idea is good, but the boss seems too unnatural, like a demon of evil creature that doesn't fit in with the whole pikmin feel. If you're going for unnatural and still fitting in with the series, then how about a giant waterwraith-like creature.

That being said, what about a huge waterwrith without the roller? At the beggining of the fight, hundreds of purple pikmin would come to help you, but are cut off from your main force by some rockfall or something. You would have to harm the wraith by attacking a greenish brown patch on the monsters back, while avoiding the attacks of the wraith. The wraith would make normal enemies, like bulborb, except made out of waterwraith liquid stuff. You can kill these enemies with regular attacks. Once you deal enough damage to the wraith, it flails and destroy the boulders, thus freeing the purple pikmin. You can then attack the wraith in the back with purple pikmin to harm and kill the Water Leviathan (that's the name I chose for it).

See, with what I did, the boss is huge and evil, but still fits with the pikmin feel by using an established boss (waterwraith)
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#5TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 4:20:12 PM
Well, you see, I had the idea to make the final boss of Pikmin 3 the Bullwog (search for it on the Pikmin 2 board) a giant Wollywog. It's not a demon or intelligent being, it simply is defeated once, and escapes to stay alive, and returns to prevent his foe from leaving, and eats up creatures to grow in size. And it's noted in Olimar's Notes for Bullwog that he gets bigger as he eats, so there is explanation as to how Bullwog can grow to such proportions. The only thing I do agree is a BIT stretched is the eating of Olimar's Ship, but you could argue that it was merely in the way, so it ate it.
---
#6TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 4:25:03 PM
Your idea is... well, it's defidently not the first time I've seen giant Waterwraith proposed. HOwever, you get points for giving the superboss a weakpoint instead of simply wailing on it. However, you don't HAVE to use a boss that's appeared before, that's just kind of unoriginal. I understand not making it evil/ intelligent, but making it a super-version of an old boss is kinda lame. WIth how my setup works, Goliath Bullwog is basically phase three of the fight.
---
#7TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 10:13:01 PM
Hmm. I always hate those slow points when you're waiting for something to happen on the board you want it to happen. >.>
---
#8RetroYoshi4191Posted 7/20/2011 10:24:34 PM(edited)
THIS HAPPENED!

http://i.imgur.com/oz6pE.gif

That's MY Superboss.

Olimar & Louie: http://i56.tinypic.com/2i8dis0.jpg
---
There's a place where trolls roam free and selfish 10-year olds ponder suicide for attention. This place is called Flipnote Hatena.
#9TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 5:28:42 AM
xD
---
#10Archer_YoshiPosted 7/21/2011 8:12:47 AM
Oh, I thought you were saying that the bullwog was the shape of 2 basket balls stacked. I see now. But you shouldn't be calling my idea unoriginal when your idea is a giant wollywog... At least with my one there is a different fighting style involved than the boss it is a clone of. Your superboss just seems like a giant wollywog that can bite and stomp, while my one sends out other enemies, has a weak point, and is clearly different than waterwraith. The only similarity is the weakness to purples and the aesthetics (minus the rollers).
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.