I just bought Pikmin 1 & 2 for 35$ from a video dealer a week ago.

#1RJP_XPosted 7/28/2011 9:03:55 AM
I've yet to put 2 in, but I've been playing 1 on and off. Last night I got 5 ship parts and now I'm on the level where there is a lot of ocean, a giant metallic impenetrable spider thing, with these things that swarm on you and kidnap your pikmin and plant them, where also there is this giant shadowy frog guy that comes by your territory and ****s up your planted growing Pikmin. I am VERY confused with this whole area. It seems like there is nothing I can do at all, but I really cant move on until I get the blue Pikmin however you get them in the first place.
---
R J P
M V P of M V P's.
#2Enigma149Posted 7/28/2011 10:18:18 AM
You get blues in the Forest Naval, in the pools of water near the landing site.

Also, where the heck did you get them together for $35???
You're lucky to find #2 for $35 alone...
#3OathToOblivionPosted 7/28/2011 10:19:22 AM
Woah, you got to the Distant Spring without getting Blue Pikmin?! I mean, I suppose you could do that, but generally I go straight for the blues the first time I'm in the Forest Naval. To get the Blue Onion, go down to area with the Fiery Blowhogs, then make a right past the Automatic Gear and go into the small watery alcove past the Shearwigs. Make sure not to bring Reds or Yellows in the water!
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#4RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:52:33 AM
Yeah, I have 12 parts from the work of yellow and red Pikmin. The only one that I found hard was those bird worm creatures, but I think that was an optional piece anyways judging by the description. However, in this Distant Springs area I cant do anything really at All. XD
---
R J P
M V P of M V P's.
#5OathToOblivionPosted 7/28/2011 11:00:49 AM
No, the Geiger Counter is required. And Snagrets are bird-snakes.
And there are, at the very least, two ship parts you can get without blues in the Distant Spring. One with reds, and the other with yellows, although the first one needs a bomb-rock wall broken down.
---
#6WaterDumplePosted 7/28/2011 12:01:54 PM
Blues are possibly the most necessary/most-used color in the game, what with all the water in the most ship part-rich area, so once you get them it should be a lot easier. As others have said, look in the Forest Navel.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#7OathToOblivionPosted 7/28/2011 12:27:44 PM
Which explains why they're eaten the most...
---
#8RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 4:58:23 PM
Yeah, after many retries I got about 50 blue Pikmin and got the ship piece in the water guarded by the frogs while I was fighting enemies with reds to build the blues up, then the next day I got the last 3 ship parts from the level so I have 16 ship parts now. I think the next day I have is day 16. I have two more ship parts left from the level where you get the yellow Pikmin. One guarded by the metallic spider, and the one that you have to build bridges in the water. I'm going to attempt to get both on a single day. >_< Um, is the second ship part from the Landing Site hard to get? I'm very intimidated of Distant Spring. ='(
---
R J P
M V P of M V P's.
#9OathToOblivionPosted 7/28/2011 5:06:32 PM
The 2nd part in the Impact Site is easy. Just break down the stone wall with 3 bomb rocks, and take 15 blues with you and attack the Pearly Clamp-clamp. Just call your Pikmin back when the shell pulls back all the way, and you'll be fine. As an added bonus, the other two contain pearls that are worth 50 Pikmin each.
---
#10Sparx401Posted 7/28/2011 8:54:09 PM
Don't worry too much RJP_X, I was intimidated by Pikmin 1 when I first started playing it. I can't remember how bad I did, but I do remember almost reaching the 30 day limit. It's a relatively short game, so when you constantly play it and look for ways to cut down on time, strategize, and multi-task, you'll get better and better, and the game becomes at least somewhat easier. I'm currently trying to do an 8 day run of this game, and let me tell you, the Distant Spring is still the hardest/annoying area in the game.

Also a tip for the "metallic spider" boss, just use only 10-12 yellow pikmin. The reason is that the more pikmin you bring, the more of a chance they'll get stomped. Also, don't swarm pikmin around its legs because pikmin will then foolishly try to attack them and get squashed. I say use yellow pikmin because they can be thrown onto the spherical portion at any time (rather than having to weight for it to "bend down").
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages