C/D We should have first person view

#11ArtOfWarfarePosted 7/31/2011 7:39:57 PM
BoostPower2004 posted...
C. I like staring at pretty scenery, and it might be helpful for, say, spotting out things like enemies/treasure/whatever.

I can't imagine any real scenarios where looking in first person would help you find anything... I'm pretty sure zoomed out and above heard is always best for that kind of thing.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#12Mr_MewPosted 7/31/2011 8:38:03 PM
WaterDumple posted...
C. Probably wouldn't be much for utility, but as an aesthetic it would be nice and give a better sense of scale.

Gonna agree with this 100 percent. And you guys have to realize how beautiful the environments would be with 1st person view coupled with the WiiU's HD graphics~.
---
MH3: Martel.
#13SSBMaster11Posted 7/31/2011 9:34:01 PM
C.

Why not? It's not like it'd be taking away from the "regular" views that we've been used to. And, iirc, didn't Miamoto once say that he would've liked a first-person view, to add to the atmosphere of the game?
---
CM scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(!) Overall: 1178
"Everyone loves FPS and nothing else. Gaming world sucks nowadays." -blinkfreak
#14ArtOfWarfarePosted 8/1/2011 6:41:50 AM
SSBMaster11 posted...
C.

Why not? It's not like it'd be taking away from the "regular" views that we've been used to. And, iirc, didn't Miamoto once say that he would've liked a first-person view, to add to the atmosphere of the game?

IIRC, Miamoto has wanted Zelda to become first person for awhile... in fact, he kind of got it with Link's Crossbow Training.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#15LabinskyPosted 8/1/2011 10:24:20 AM
It would be awesome to see the world from Olimar's point of view. Most of the game the zoomed-out camera perspective shows how small Olimar is. Having this first-person view, on the other hand, would show how big the world is for Olimar. Given the Wii U's high graphical power, I'd love to be able to see the details of the world. I wouldn't want the whole game to be first-person, but it would be cool to be able to switch to it for a short time.
---
World of Goo devs' new studio: http://tomorrowcorporation.com/
I am a Christian. If I do or say anything that makes you think less of Christians, let me know.
#16WaterDumplePosted 8/1/2011 12:29:34 PM
Warmonger222 posted...
Pikmin 2. (I'm not sure if its in the first game or not but its in the second, I see no reason to not put it in this one)

Third person =/= First person.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#17zeldafan132Posted 8/1/2011 12:51:59 PM
I have no opinion. I enjoy the overhead-ish view that we are given with, and I believe that making it first person would butcher the game, because Pikmin is a real-time strategy game. We are required to survive. If we can't see everything around us that's going on, it would make the game exceedingly more difficult.

But I do support for observance purposes. Like, toggling between first person and overhead view, for the objective of view something far away, looking more closely at something, etc.
---
Official Overly Abused Jester of the Z3DWT Board
2706-9337-5050 - Diamond FC
#18marioman1154Posted 8/1/2011 3:33:11 PM
C because they probably wouldn't make it the only camera angle.

I did like holding down R and playing as much as I could like that.
---
Got it memorized?
"Now when you get a call saying 'Hey wanna go zip lining?', you don't turn it down." ~Crimson
#19OathToOblivionPosted 8/1/2011 6:43:27 PM
C, the scale an graphics would be very -insert cliche here-
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#20alucard4444Posted 8/1/2011 7:40:21 PM
C. Also, the first person view should have a different graphics style for some reason. Like clay-mation or something.
---
for your health