Pikmin 3 Walkthrough (fake of course) by XDdude1234

#11ArtOfWarfarePosted 8/3/2011 10:55:59 AM
Shenkomi posted...
The walkthrough's been pretty good so far. My only concern is what will happen next? Usually once an army is built up to 20 or 25, the player either carries something back or removes an obstacle. Dunno if it is absolutely necessary to discuss all of the controls in the first day, but rather explain the controls as they are needed.

Keep at it, my friend.

I would imagine that his next post will somehow entail carrying trash back to the ship.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#12ShenkomiPosted 8/3/2011 1:31:44 PM
ArtOfWarfare posted...
I would imagine that his next post will somehow entail carrying trash back to the ship.

I assumed that as well, but what concerned me was how the pod suggested moving to an open area to try things out rather than suggesting to find some waste to remove.
#13XDdude1234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 12:09:51 PM
Hey all sorry for not posting any cuz I was in Texas for the last four days... then again I'm not sure if I should be apologizing cuz some of you might not like this topic... ANYWAY I'll post more of the walkthrough later and thanx for the support you guys!
#14XDdude1234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 12:32:37 PM
The pod will teach you some of the basics in the arena and you’ll take care of some trash here.

Pod: Alright let’s start off with the basics shall we? Throw pikmin with the A button.”

Once you do it the pod will speak again so I won’t post in between dialogue.

Pod: “Throw pikmin repeatedly by repeatedly tapping the A button.”

Pod: “Now call the pikmin back by pressing B.”

Pod: “Swarm pikmin by holding the C button and moving the control stick.”

Pod: “Dismiss pikmin into groups of individual colors by pressing C.”

Pod: “Switch in between captains by pressing the Z button.”

Pod: “Move the camera angle by pressing both 1 and 2. Each has a different angle.”

One dwarf red bulborb will walk off the ledge and stop in front of you. This one won’t eat any of your pikmin.

Pod: “Attack that bulborb by throwing pikmin at it!”

Another one walks off the ledge and stops near you.

Pod: “Swarm the pikmin at the bulborb!”

Another one walks off the ledge.

Pod: “You can kill some enemies by throwing pikmin directly onto their back. Throw a pikmin directly on top of this bulborbs back!”

If you fail another one will hop off the ledge and the pod will make the same command until you have accomplished it.

Pod: “There appears to be some trash in the area. Find it!”

The trash is in the upper section of the clear arena. It’s a dirty rubber duck (Ruined Treasure, worth 15 pikmin in weight).

Pod: “ Throw pikmin at the trash or swarm pikmin at the trash and they will bring it back to me. Collect it and I will store it in my hull and analyze it.”

Get fifteen pikmin to carry the duck back to the ship and it will take the trash. The rubber duck will appear on the screen with the title, “Ruined Treasure” below it.

Pod: Great job today! We have not only found the red pikmin but we have collected our first piece of trash! We should leave before nocturnal animals come out and make a meal of us! We can fly into low orbit and analyze or findings. The red onion should follow us.”

Olimar’s Report:
Today went very well! We found the fireproof red pikmin and collected some trash. We will explore this area some more tomorrow!

Trash Collected: 1/300

Pikmin Report:

Red pikmin:
Sunken Forest
Medium population
#15XDdude1234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 1:35:52 PM
Day 2: Sunken Forest

To do: (I am so sick of the word, “objectives”)

Grow more red pikmin
Explore Grand Grotto
Get the Trash Finder

Once you land you got to get right to business. Grow some more red pikmin with the pellet posies that have grown around the ship. Then you’ll have fourty red pikmin!

Go to the last remaining gate and use your pikmin to demolish it. Behind the wall is a grassy shore with a cave on the northern side of it.

Walk up to it.

Pod: Olimar! There is an underground cave in front of you! Bring your pikmin with you and enter the cave with the A button. Be cautious and don’t lose too many pikmin!”

Jump into the cave.

Grand Grotto:
Hazards: None
Difficulty: 2/10
Sublevels: 3

Considering 1 level in difficulty means it’s so easy the cave doesn’t exist… yea this cave is pretty easy. :P

Sublevel 1:
Dwarf Red Bulborb x4

This place has four dwarf red bulborbs in the center of the circular room. Kill all of them and grab a chunk of metal, (Useless Metal, 20). There’s also a broken research pod, (Familiar Face, 10). Well… that’s it! Find the hole and continue to the next sublevel.

Sublevel 2:
Dwarf Red Bulborb x3
Skitterleaf x4

There are some skitterleaves tha t you can just ignore, and three dwarf red bulborbs that you can kill. One will drop a three of spades card, (Ultimate Game Piece, 1). Find the hole.
#16XDdude1234(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2011 6:49:36 PM
Sublevel 3: Final Floor
Violet Candypop Bud x3
Skitterleaf x5

In the circular arena there are three purple flowers that are easy to find.

Pod: “Violet Candypop Buds! These plants can sprout purple pikmin if you throw a pikmin of any color into it!”

So do it… or don’t. I don’t care. Pluck a purple pikmin.

Pod: A purple pikmin! These pikmin are burly and can carry ten times the weight of other pikmin. They will be very helpful to us.”

So take all your purple and red pikmin to a grey metal ball, (Magnet Projector, 20). That’s it for this cave. Find the geyser and return to the surface.

Sunken Forest

You land in front of the Grand Grotto. Go way south to the bottom of the shore to see a small gauge, (Trash Gauge, 15).

Pod: Wait… this appears to be a machine similar to that of the Treasure Gauge! I can build a Trash Gauge with this!”

Bring it back to the ship.

Pod: “Now whenever there is a piece of trash nearby the gauge meter will make a noise and go to the right.”

Now there’s a meter in the lower right section of the screen!

Pod: “Great work today boys! I have located a new landing site for tomorrow that we can explore. We should take a rest until tomorrow.”

The day ends.

Olimar’s Report:
We explored the submerged forest again today. A large cavern revealed violet candypop buds that we used to sprout purple pikmin! Tomorrow we will explore a new area.

Trash collected: 6/300

Pikmin Report:

Red pikmin:
Sunken Forest
Medium population

Purple pikmin:
Sunken Forest
Grand Grotto
Small population
#17ArtOfWarfarePosted 8/8/2011 9:34:05 PM
Get fifteen pikmin to carry the duck back to the ship and it will take the trash. The rubber duck will appear on the screen with the title, “Ruined Treasure” below it.

When I was in high school, there was one teacher that insisted that students who went to the bathroom had to bring a rubber duck in with them as a hall pass. It got really dirty, really fast, with lord knows what. Remembering that duck, and thinking of a garbage duck, and that your pikmin have to handle it, kind of makes me want to vomit. I dislike the idea of handling garbage for Pikmin's debut on Nintendo's first 1080p console. They were so much cuter on the game cube... why are you reducing them to garbage men on the Wii U? Isn't garbage collection something that people get sentenced to after committing small crimes?

You're kind of losing my attention, with the direction you're going in with the walkthrough. It's sounding too much like "lets do Pikmin 2 again with different treasure."
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8