Even MORE Pikmin 3 Ideas

#31Sparx401Posted 8/9/2011 7:36:22 PM
Speaking of which where is Sparx? He hasn't said anything on this topic yet and I don't think he's been any where else for a while ether

I've been programming a game in Actionscript 3.0 using the Flixel framework. After that, I'm probably going to attempt something crazy by porting the entire framework into the haXe programming language for better and incredibly fast compilation times. The biggest reason why I'm doing the whole porting thing, if anyone cares, is because people could then use the Flixel framework, program in AS3, then create simple wrapper code in Neko to create a desktop app without needing Adobe AIR.

...And I'm also playing FFX again.

Got an idea (not that Sparx will like this idea) maybe some types of Pikmin (or at least reds) could hold 5 orbs of the element there resistant to they have to get hit by the element so white Pikmin don't get too use poison orbs

Elemental orbs? Really? We're just going to shoehorn in magical elemental orbs into a science-fiction game? On top of that, the whole concept seems redundant; the whole point of having differing types is to use that appropriate type to deal with the appropriate hazard.

When you hold a Pikmin and press a certain button and then throw them they will fire the element on the enemy or obstacle.

Have you played any other RTS games aside from Pikmin? Because Pikmin is an RTS game, not an RPG; and yes, I've been saying that how many times now, but still a lot of people confuse the two genres.

Just saw Pikmin 3 on Pikipeidia not saying i saw a new about Pikmin but it had 3 in blue flowers hinting at least one new Pikmin type

That picture was taken from someone's Deviantart account; a person by the name of AdamDragon; he basically photoshopped Pikmin 2's logo, so no, that's not an official picture.

only posting this so Sparx will stop saying there can't be Pikmin types

When in the heck did I EVER say that? There's a clear difference in me saying, "This pikmin type is horrible/makes no sense" versus, "There can't be any new pikmin types". Unless you can back up that claim, it's an outright lie.

RetroYoshi posted...

~ Commence 2nd Part ~

I like this, as well as the notion of returning to harder versions of caves. The only thing is that caves as they were in Pikmin 2 seemed to detract some of the quality from the game; the concept in and of itself was fine, but I think the implementation could be better. For example, my Pikmin 3 idea retains caves, but changes them so that they're fairly short, varied in objectives depending on the type of cave (i.e. - caverns, abysses, dens, gardens, etc), and cohere well with the rest of the level instead of something like the Glutton's Kitchen where it had a toy-room setting underneath a tree stump. If you keep the caves as they were in Pikmin 2, it would become INCREDIBLY redundant and would look like a cheap attempt at expanding the game.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages
#32Sparx401Posted 8/9/2011 7:37:12 PM
Sheesh Sparx, no need to be so freakin' harsh. Take that stick out of your arse.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages
#33PokemonRanger45Posted 8/10/2011 1:07:32 AM
Yeah I meant to dump the orb idea so I ever forgot to or you didn't see it. What about the green Pikmin idea and I also got an idea for a new enemy on the "New tornado Pikmin!" topic ignore or at least don't post anything on the making tornado's thing
---
Brawl friend code:
2148-9680-6921
#34OathToOblivionPosted 8/10/2011 4:36:24 AM
Huh? Sparx, why are you talking to yourself?
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#35TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 9:41:40 AM
He knows how most of you would react. Personally, I've learned to accept his incredible bluntness.
---
Link's harem- The Oracles, Marin, Maidens, Navi, Zelda, Saria, Malon/Cremia, Ruto, Nabooru, Tatl, Mila, Maggie, Medli, Beth, Ilia, Telma, Midna...
#36OathToOblivionPosted 8/10/2011 11:12:39 AM
Same here, although I will make a reference to him being slightly over-the-top. Also, thank you for introducing me to TV Tropes, Sparx! I now have an account there! Also, anyone have any thoughts about my Armoured Stag Beetle Larva idea?
---
#37PokemonRanger45Posted 8/10/2011 3:27:02 PM
Personally I like getting Sparx'd
---
Brawl friend code:
2148-9680-6921
#38TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 4:36:40 PM
Me, too. Mostly because his opionion is near-100% unbiased, he knows what's good for the series, and he has some very humorous moments.
---
Link's harem- The Oracles, Marin, Maidens, Navi, Zelda, Saria, Malon/Cremia, Ruto, Nabooru, Tatl, Mila, Maggie, Medli, Beth, Ilia, Telma, Midna...
#390Nintendo0Posted 8/10/2011 4:53:15 PM
I forgot who posted the message explaining my idea,but thank you.It wouldn't be any different than the Pikmin 2 two captain thing,except you-well,I could make it to where you can make crossroads between the captains.

Yay,Sparx is back!
---
Sir,I don't know who you are,but just because you and your friends have mustaches,that doesn't mean that you can go snooping around in my plumbing pipes!
#40OathToOblivionPosted 8/10/2011 5:03:04 PM
Yeah, that was me. You're welcome, dude. And will someone please say something about the Armoured Stag Beetle Larva?
---