What almighty Pikmin-killing monster will exist in this game?

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 8/6/2011 9:29:46 AM
First game had the Smoky Progg, second game had the Waterwraith.
I don't think it'd be a Pikmin game without some hard monster like that, now.

So what kind of monster do you think there'll be?
---
There's no such thing as a bad Mario or Zelda game.... except on the cd-I.
#2olimarcaptainPosted 8/6/2011 9:36:49 AM
A half Waterwraith/Smoky Progg. However the Progg is hard all the time. The waterwraith just is evil when you can't fight him.
---
"To Become Ball boys, we gotta practice," a youngster from Pokemon BnW
#3OathToOblivionPosted 8/6/2011 11:47:52 AM
I'd say a gigantic relative of the Bulbear. THAT would be pure evil. On an off-topic note, do you think that they'll increase the amount of Pikmin you can have out in the field? Maybe there could be the normal 100 cap for caves, but I'd like to be able to use more in the field.
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#4WaterDumplePosted 8/6/2011 2:44:48 PM
I sort of liked that the Smokey Progg was optional in Pikmin 1 (but had as much of a payoff as that game could really offer, given its more limited system). The Waterwraith is something you need to kill to complete in Pikmin 2, but the upgrade isn't that great. The only thing that makes it that ridiculous is the fact that it intimidates you for a while before you get the ability to kill it--And when you can kill it, it's hella easy. I'd like to see an uberboss in Pikmin 3 that you can completely leave alone to complete the game, but you get some sort of awesome upgrade or something for managing to take it out.

I know there have been a lot of comparisons to Little King's Story, but looking at a Something Awful LP of it that started a little while ago, it's really surprising how similar the games are. It even has random douchebag monsters that wipe out over half your squad with no warning. The frog in this episode is like a Wollywog on steroids and several illegal substances.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/blip/?vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblip.tv%2Fpalisagrus%2Flittle-king-s-story-3-pyrrhic-victory-5440089
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#5PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2011 3:08:59 PM
You don't technically have to beat the Waterwraith. It's just that the payoff is more beneficial.
---
#6WaterDumplePosted 8/6/2011 3:21:34 PM
Well, I know you don't have to do a lot of things in Pikmin 2, but it really doesn't seem like you've really beaten the game after only repaying the debt. You hardly need half the treasures available before Wistful Wild to repay the debt, unless my memory is wrong. Beating that game to me seems more like getting all 201 treasures, in which case killing the Waterwraith is necessary. It's mostly just in how you interpret Pikmin 2's rather non-linear structure.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#7RetroYoshi4191Posted 8/6/2011 4:46:36 PM
We shall have...

AN ALPHA-SMOKEY-WATER-BULWRAITH-PROGG-LAX!
---
// Marco // Level 2 //160 SP // 23 Coins // Honey Syrup, Mushroom
#8Pikmin3000Posted 8/6/2011 7:18:27 PM
A Giant R.O.B.
---
With karate I kick your ass, from here to right over there! - Jack Black
WarioWare DIY FC: 1205-1632-8534 (Alec)
#9SmartjediPosted 8/6/2011 9:06:42 PM
Pikmin3000 posted...
A Giant R.O.B.
^ this...no! that would not even fit in with pikmin...
#10PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2011 9:09:57 PM
Smartjedi posted...
Pikmin3000 posted...
A Giant R.O.B.
^ this...no! that would not even fit in with pikmin...

Well if an old Game & Watch counts as a treasure, surely a ROB isn't that hard to imagine.
---