What other Nintendo series do you think deserve a reference in this game?

#1TNintendominatePosted 8/10/2011 6:08:32 PM
Personally, I think that some Mushrooms from Mario could appear in one area as an aesthetic reference. I'd also like a small nod to Metroid and/ or Zelda. Mario had, honestly, one too few many references in Pikmin 2. Atleast 5 treasures were Mario-related.
---
Link's harem- The Oracles, Marin, Maidens, Navi, Zelda, Saria, Malon/Cremia, Ruto, Nabooru, Tatl, Mila, Maggie, Medli, Beth, Ilia, Telma, Midna...
#2OathToOblivionPosted 8/10/2011 6:22:21 PM
I'd say F-Zero, because we haven't heard anything from them in a while. Maybe a reference in a jungle-themed area to Donkey Kong as well?
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#3PokemonRanger45Posted 8/11/2011 12:46:51 AM
I'd like a Zelda reference probably the smallest tool in Links arsenal. speaking of Zelda your sig is missing ciela and yes she has feelings for Link at the end of Phantom Hourglass she said she wanted to stay with Link she also said that she couldn't but still
---
Brawl friend code:
2148-9680-6921
#4TwilightAeon13Posted 8/11/2011 11:17:52 AM
I would love a Zelda reference.

But how about Starfox? It has some potential, I think.

>_>

<_<

*flees*
---
Currently playing: Jak series, FFXII
Dedicated 100% completion following soon.
#5BoostPower2004Posted 8/12/2011 3:33:45 AM
I second F-Zero and add Custom Robo, Advance Wars, and/or Chibi-Robo, because they all need more love. I know they all sound pretty unfitting for something like Pikmin, but I can dream, can't I? :c
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rGb1NRshik
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure is a great game I wholeheartedly recommend to everyone and their dog.
#6LinksLegendsPosted 8/12/2011 7:19:14 AM
I think Chibi Robo would fit in just fine.
---
honk
HONK
#7SSBMaster11Posted 8/12/2011 10:35:35 AM
I agree with F-Zero, and Zelda. Maybe a Deku Nut for Zelda, and a giant crashed Blue Falcon in the middle of one of the maps for F-Zero?
---
CM scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(!) Overall: 1178
"Everyone loves FPS and nothing else. Gaming world sucks nowadays." -blinkfreak
#8WaterDumplePosted 8/12/2011 10:56:41 AM
Some Space Pirate influence on the planet would be nice. Not something really obvious, just a reference in a log to phazon corruption or something.

Although probably not entirely appropriate for Pikmin, something sort of like the phazon mines would make a really different and challenging area.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#9Archer_YoshiPosted 8/12/2011 1:46:25 PM
How about the Phantom Hourglass as a treasure (if pikmin 3 has treasures)? It could be called something like... Haunted Timepiece, I don't know.
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#10TNintendominate(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 7:33:29 PM
Okay, so me and Twilight were thinking elsewhere, and together we got these.

Bottle of Blue Chu Jelly (from WInd Waker)- Elixer Gelatin
Screw Attack Badge (from Metroid/ SSB)- Energy Merit
Peice of candy- Rare Candy (the name is a Pokemon reference)
Boss Key (from Zelda: OoT)- Dark Key
The Wind Waker (from WInd Waker)- Gale Baton
Starfox Emblem (from Starfox)- Bestial Badge
---
Link's harem- Oracles, Marin, Maidens, Navi, Zelda, Saria, Malon, Ruto, Nabooru, Tatl, Mila, Maggie, Medli, Beth, Ilia, Telma, Midna, Ciela...