QQ about Pikmin 2

#1ssj_duelistPosted 8/14/2011 9:22:24 AM
I just defeated the final boss but don't have 30 Pikmin, it's silly to have the game panellise you for this but if I exit (without Louie) and re enter do I have to reface the boss again?
---
Cynthia for SSB4! New female rep, could take Lucario's spot by having him as part of her trio and is a great recurring character! People who agree: 25
#2IFJ4everPosted 8/14/2011 9:24:25 AM
:( Yes, unfortunately. That happened to me the first time I beat him!
#3ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 9:37:03 AM(edited)
I escaped with Louie so now I'm assuming the boss won't regenerate...
---
Cynthia for SSB4! New female rep, could take Lucario's spot by having him as part of her trio and is a great recurring character! People who agree: 25
#4thundershark21Posted 8/14/2011 9:38:32 AM
ssj_duelist posted...
Wow. Way to go Nintendo. Another fault in this game, I'm less excited for Pikmin 3 now.

Not Nintendos fault you cant keep your pikmin alive.

you do realaize the game saves after every floor so you could go and reset it?

Also how does one tiny flaw make you less excited for pikmin 3?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, put this in your signature.
Stay classy evil overlords of boards stay classy
#5ssj_duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 9:41:14 AM
thundershark21 posted...
ssj_duelist posted...
Wow. Way to go Nintendo. Another fault in this game, I'm less excited for Pikmin 3 now.

Not Nintendos fault you cant keep your pikmin alive.

you do realaize the game saves after every floor so you could go and reset it?

Also how does one tiny flaw make you less excited for pikmin 3?

It's Nintendo's fault for penalising players by expecting them to be able to do the entire dungeon without losing 70 Pikmin on their first time round then giving the player false accomplishment by defeating the boss with less than 30 Pikmin.
---
#6WaterDumplePosted 8/14/2011 10:33:30 AM
It's not really a "false sense of accomplishment" when you can see the weight of the treasure right there during the fight.

Furthermore, the weight still lets you take Louie back, so you can "beat" the game normally without getting every treasure. And the weight is hardly ever an issue because purples carry 10--If you want the rewards you have to actually do somewhat decently.

Pointing fingers at Nintendo just makes you look silly and whiny.
---
There is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot.
A punch to the face is also likely.
#7ShenkomiPosted 8/14/2011 7:41:48 PM
If you've already cleared the entire dungeon of treasure other than what the Titan Dweevil dropped, then you can always just venture back down with a group of Yellow Pikmin. Having a large number helps, but it should be a manageable group. Heck, maybe even 30 yellows and 10 purples will work, if you're willing to make it work. Some people take 100 Yellows down to the final floor after getting all the other treasures, but I can't really fight well with groups of Pikmin larger than 30.

At least with the yellows, you can save them with the whistle blows from any attack.
#8Sparx401Posted 8/14/2011 9:57:52 PM
The game throws you so much things to make the final boss easy, even on a first run, that it isn't funny. For one thing, you can go back to the cave at any time and defeat the boss; as far as the Titan Dweevil is concerned, as long as you collect the treasure, he won't be able to use it if you need to fight him again. Second, the game auto-saves at every sub-level, so if you're doing horrible, you can always restart and hope for a better layout. The game also gives you purple pikmin which can carry the weight of 10 normal pikmin, so treasure weights should hardly be an issue.

Now if you went in with 70 pikmin and came to the bottom with 30 expecting to beat the final boss and collect treasures playing that badly, then I don't think it's prudent to point fingers at Nintendo and complain that the game's not "easy" on newcomers; if that's the case, I highly advise you to not play the first Pikmin game (or even your average NES game for that matter), since you're on a 30-day time limit to collect everything. In any case, the game can only accommodate someone's skill level only so much until you're on your own and have to actually play decently to win.

Every game has their way of penalizing players for playing either recklessly or otherwise; this game gives you all the time you ever need to grow more pikmin, and when reentering caves, you can just head straight to the next sub-level with your captain only without your pikmin following you to avoid hazards and enemies, so getting back down should be quicker.
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages