Just to set things straight there...

#1Boo DestroyerPosted 8/19/2011 8:13:12 PM
It seems to me that the only reason people are clamoring this much for Pikmin 3 is because Olimar was playable in Brawl.

I remember very well that before he was announced on the Dojo site, almost nobody even gave a rat's ass about the Pikmin series.

And then when he appeared, oh now it's suddenly up there with the big boys?

Just thought I'd set the record straight.
#2thundershark21Posted 8/19/2011 8:39:16 PM
Apparently you never went to the pikmin 2 board.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, put this in your signature.
Stay classy evil overlords of boards stay classy
#3ArtOfWarfarePosted 8/19/2011 9:56:10 PM
I was disappointed with Olimar as a character for Brawl. Not that he was included, mind you, but his move set and attacks suck.

I've been awaiting a Pikmin 3 since the Wii was still referred to as the Revolution or whatever its code name was. Brawl has nothing to do with how much I'd like to see a Pikmin 3. If Brawl managed to generate more of a fan base for Pikmin, then I suppose that's a good thing and I don't mind. Sure, they might not be "true" fans, but at least they create incentive for Nintendo to continue the series and keep putting out Pikmin games I'll enjoy.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#4SSBMaster11Posted 8/19/2011 10:04:43 PM
I've cared a lot about the Pikmin series ever since the first game, back in '01.
---
CM scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(!) Overall: 1178
"Everyone loves FPS and nothing else. Gaming world sucks nowadays." -blinkfreak
#5ShenkomiPosted 8/19/2011 10:10:59 PM
Nope. Although I didn't quite become a fan of Pikmin until the second game, I really got hooked onto both the games for years to follow.

Not to sound like a hipster or anything, but I was ecstatic when Olimar was announced for Brawl. He's still one of my main characters whenever I play, but just because he was in Brawl doesn't mean that's why I'm excited for Pikmin 3.
#6luigiman1154Posted 8/19/2011 11:19:25 PM
I've been excited for Pikmin 3 ever since Pikmin 1. Actually, that's a lie. Ever since I first beat Pikmin 2 I've been excited for a third game.
---
Defend
To the bitter end
#7PokemonRanger45Posted 8/20/2011 12:50:20 AM
Im sad to say that's true for me I got Pikmin 2 as soon as possible on the Wii after I tried him in Brawl loved it and then I got Pikmin 1 for the Gamecube for some reason
---
me for SSBU I'll bring ukulele Pichu and take everyone down
Brawl friend code:2148-9680-6921
#8OathToOblivionPosted 8/20/2011 3:58:28 AM
It wasn't Brawl that made me want to get Pikmin; it was Chuggaaconroy.
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#9Sparx401Posted 8/20/2011 3:59:14 AM(edited)
I was a Pikmin fan since the game came out in 2001, and was looking forward to Pikmin 3 when Miyamoto announced it for the Wii a long while ago. Having Olimar in Brawl simply sated me for a while. And as far as his character in SSBB is concerned, Olimar has good attacks, set-ups, and pressuring tactics, and an insane grab; it's just that his recovery is downright atrocious and easily gimped.

EDIT: Of course in Brawl- / Brawl+, it's a different story! >_>
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages
#10Archer_YoshiPosted 8/20/2011 4:45:08 AM
I've been wanting Pikmin 3 since I beat Pikmin 2. And I think Olimar is a good brawl character; for his up special, I usually use it for the added height it gives on courses with ice ledges.
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.