Just to set things straight there...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Just to set things straight there...

User Info: Boo Destroyer

Boo Destroyer
5 years ago#1
It seems to me that the only reason people are clamoring this much for Pikmin 3 is because Olimar was playable in Brawl.

I remember very well that before he was announced on the Dojo site, almost nobody even gave a rat's ass about the Pikmin series.

And then when he appeared, oh now it's suddenly up there with the big boys?

Just thought I'd set the record straight.

User Info: thundershark21

thundershark21
5 years ago#2
Apparently you never went to the pikmin 2 board.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, put this in your signature.
Stay classy evil overlords of boards stay classy

User Info: ArtOfWarfare

ArtOfWarfare
5 years ago#3
I was disappointed with Olimar as a character for Brawl. Not that he was included, mind you, but his move set and attacks suck.

I've been awaiting a Pikmin 3 since the Wii was still referred to as the Revolution or whatever its code name was. Brawl has nothing to do with how much I'd like to see a Pikmin 3. If Brawl managed to generate more of a fan base for Pikmin, then I suppose that's a good thing and I don't mind. Sure, they might not be "true" fans, but at least they create incentive for Nintendo to continue the series and keep putting out Pikmin games I'll enjoy.
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8

User Info: SSBMaster11

SSBMaster11
5 years ago#4
I've cared a lot about the Pikmin series ever since the first game, back in '01.
CM scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(!) Overall: 1178
"Everyone loves FPS and nothing else. Gaming world sucks nowadays." -blinkfreak

User Info: Shenkomi

Shenkomi
5 years ago#5
Nope. Although I didn't quite become a fan of Pikmin until the second game, I really got hooked onto both the games for years to follow.

Not to sound like a hipster or anything, but I was ecstatic when Olimar was announced for Brawl. He's still one of my main characters whenever I play, but just because he was in Brawl doesn't mean that's why I'm excited for Pikmin 3.

User Info: luigiman1154

luigiman1154
5 years ago#6
I've been excited for Pikmin 3 ever since Pikmin 1. Actually, that's a lie. Ever since I first beat Pikmin 2 I've been excited for a third game.
Defend
To the bitter end

User Info: PokemonRanger45

PokemonRanger45
5 years ago#7
Im sad to say that's true for me I got Pikmin 2 as soon as possible on the Wii after I tried him in Brawl loved it and then I got Pikmin 1 for the Gamecube for some reason
me for SSBU I'll bring ukulele Pichu and take everyone down
Brawl friend code:2148-9680-6921

User Info: OathToOblivion

OathToOblivion
5 years ago#8
It wasn't Brawl that made me want to get Pikmin; it was Chuggaaconroy.
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!

User Info: Sparx401

Sparx401
5 years ago#9
I was a Pikmin fan since the game came out in 2001, and was looking forward to Pikmin 3 when Miyamoto announced it for the Wii a long while ago. Having Olimar in Brawl simply sated me for a while. And as far as his character in SSBB is concerned, Olimar has good attacks, set-ups, and pressuring tactics, and an insane grab; it's just that his recovery is downright atrocious and easily gimped.

EDIT: Of course in Brawl- / Brawl+, it's a different story! >_>
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages

User Info: Archer_Yoshi

Archer_Yoshi
5 years ago#10
I've been wanting Pikmin 3 since I beat Pikmin 2. And I think Olimar is a good brawl character; for his up special, I usually use it for the added height it gives on courses with ice ledges.
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Pikmin 3
  3. Just to set things straight there...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived