Sweet boss idea: a human hand

#1GordatonPosted 8/20/2011 6:37:48 PM
Like, a human tries to squash the pikmin or something with his/her hand. I don't know how pikmin can possibly defeat a human hand, though. It would be pretty cool though, since it's Earth they've been going to, and they haven't shown any humans yet.
---
I loved the voice actor for Gordan Freeman.
#2OathToOblivionPosted 8/20/2011 7:19:32 PM
Someone else posted that idea a long time ago, and Sparx tore into them. I'd advise you to retract your idea before he lets loose. He hasn't been extremely blunt in a while.
---
Are you kidding me? What could possibly go wrong?!
#3ArtOfWarfarePosted 8/20/2011 7:55:55 PM
OathToOblivion posted...
Someone else posted that idea a long time ago, and Sparx tore into them. I'd advise you to retract your idea before he lets loose. He hasn't been extremely blunt in a while.

No, the idea someone else put forth was that the boss be a human foot. Initially it'd have a shoe on, but as you fought it, it would loose that and then be socked, and then naked.

But you're correct, this idea is just as bad and Sparx will tear the OP a new one.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8
#4ninto55Posted 8/20/2011 9:09:55 PM
I wasn't around for the foot idea... I kinda wanna see what Sparx does..
---
WARNING: I make very long rambling posts, I apologize for whatever unreadable mess I posted. If it is too long, please tell me. Thx
Remember the Alien Hominid.
#5PokeclipsePosted 8/21/2011 2:39:04 AM
The idea of a human boss COULD work.

Just make Pikmin 3 cross over with Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#6Archer_YoshiPosted 8/21/2011 5:50:01 AM
Humans are never seen in pikmin for a reason: they don't belong.
---
:-] Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Pikmin 3. Spread the word.
If you believe in Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#7fawful_XPosted 8/21/2011 8:18:02 AM
Pikmin is supposed to be the result if the human race spontaneously disappeared and evolution rapidly occurred. Having a human's hand in this game would equal a 100% of it being a definite no.
---
Fun facts: THERE AREN'T ANY.
#8Sparx401Posted 8/21/2011 10:09:52 PM
^Proof?
---
My blog - No BS - Open to Criticism: http://sparx401.blogspot.com/
Pikmin 3 idea almost finished. Current Status: 120 pages
#9bloodmage3Posted 8/22/2011 8:00:25 AM
fawful_X posted...
Pikmin is supposed to be the result if the human race spontaneously disappeared and evolution rapidly occurred. Having a human's hand in this game would equal a 100% of it being a definite no.

For all we know mankind was the last big creature left on Earth, and they left to colonize Pluto or something.

It's quite clear Pikmin live on Earth and mankind is gone, but how, why, where and since when is a bit of a mystery. It doesn't help that the food you collect looks very fresh even if it's been sitting in dirty sewer water, yet every building larger then a tree hut seems to have vanished.
---
Be careful! He may look like an idiot, act like an idiot and sound like an idiot, but don't be fooled, he really is an idiot!
#10ArtOfWarfarePosted 8/22/2011 8:04:28 AM
bloodmage3 posted...
every building larger then a tree hut seems to have vanished.

Are you sure of that? If you look at the entire first level of Pikmin 2 from above, it shows that the level takes place on a sidewalk/street. Given buildings aren't normally in the street, it could just be that the buildings are far enough away (saw, the length of a front yard,) away from you, so you can't see them.
---
My stylish, arcade-style game Egg Drop! is available to download to the iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/egg-drop/id443347380?mt=8